Hi Everyone

• Thread starter Jbkb17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jbkb17

Jbkb17

Are they still alive @Jbkb17 ? Have you gotten them out from under that 400 watt whatever you’re using?
Still alive Dan, think I’m overwatering too!! This is harder than I thought!!

Joser420710

Joser420710

Yeah use florescent for now, your babies will love it. an LED light is cheaper to run than hps. I did a run with a 1000w LED light to try it out and I loved it. Alot of people told me that my buds were going to be fluffy. But I had plenty of fresh air going through and they came out solid. Also use some fertilizer that's high in ammonium nitrate so it babies can have thick stems and lots of roots

Monster762

Monster762

Still alive Dan, think I’m overwatering too!! This is harder than I thought!!
Overwatering is easy at this stage. You should only need about half a coffee cup at a time. Water just at the stalk at first then slowly wet soil outward as plant gets bigger.

Joser420710

Joser420710

20180401 022217

Jbkb17

Jbkb17

Yeah use florescent for now, your babies will love it. an LED light is cheaper to run than hps. I did a run with a 1000w LED light to try it out and I loved it. Alot of people told me that my buds were going to be fluffy. But I had plenty of fresh air going through and they came out solid. Also use some fertilizer that's high in ammonium nitrate so it babies can have thick stems and lots of roots
Thank you for that, much appreciated advice.

Jbkb17

Jbkb17

Yup I got em on amazon and t5 good solid advice for starting plants. But t5 will only get you so much in flower. It doesn’t have penetration power which is what saves seedlings under them. If your 400w Is hps that will be fine for flower. You always want a breeze between the light and tops of plants. Also at seedling stage you want a light wiggle on plants. Not strong wind. That wiggle is what builds the strength in your stalk. No wind no wiggle no stalk. You end up with a sprout shooting for the sky on a paper clip sized stalk that can’t support anything. A 400 w shouldn’t really show in power cost but to keep draw low I run a combo of t5 with led. But leds are tricky and misleading if you got a hps 400 and get t5 to start em you should be good for 2 plants. The hps is pretty reliable compared to led.
What’s t5?

Monster762

Monster762

What’s t5?
T5 are small fluorescent tube light fixtures. You can get different sizes and also get different bulbs for flower. They usually come with veg bulbs in them. A 2 foot 4 bulb probably $50 or so. Or 4 ft 8 bulb like $125. Amazon. They do not have penetration power so the plant must be trained to get the best from the light. You want to get all the bud sites clear to the light. Tying branches Around. But technically training gets best with any light.

Monster762

Monster762

Argh right, I see. I’ll check out amazon, thank you.
Definately a decent starter light. And always a good veg light. Bulbs cheap too. And low draw. And you pretty much don’t have to worry about burning plants. Unless you just about put the bulb on them.
But I will advise that once you get a grow in you will want more light next time. But like I said always a keeper just for delicate plants like babies or clones.

Jbkb17

Jbkb17

Just checked amazon, all different watts!! And what do I get to house them as I only have standard bayonet lights!!! Soz, I know this is blond but haven’t a clue!!!!

Joser420710

Joser420710

Just checked amazon, all different watts!! And what do I get to house them as I only have standard bayonet lights!!! Soz, I know this is blond but haven’t a clue!!!!
Hey jb should go to hydro shop and look around then try and find it on Amazon

Joser420710

Joser420710

I think I have a 35w at home. I got several lights around house, 1 bulb 2 bulb 4 bulb and so on.Just like monster said they won't burn your plant unless the leaves are touching the bulb. Sorry if I don't reply soon I'm at work. Monster great advice

Joser420710

Joser420710

I won't be till midnight. I'll double check what watts my lights are I'll take a picture of them . As long as you buy a florescent light that's ment for veg state you should be fine.

Monster762

Monster762

I won't be till midnight. I'll double check what watts my lights are I'll take a picture of them . As long as you buy a florescent light that's ment for veg state you should be fine.
Yup 6400k 6500k is what they will come with. I’m talking the whole fixture $50 for little 2 ft 4 bulb.and it’ll have little hanging kit. As long as it’s t5ho the Watts should be the same just different for different length bulbs. I think mine are 54w each bulb but that’s 4 ft. I think 2 ft are 23 or 24 Watts

Latest posts

Top Bottom