Hi, I’m A Noobie Need Who Needs Some Expert Help With A Complicated Problem.

• Thread starter boyoboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

You buy a ph test kit, your ph is way off, should b 6.5 2 7, for my root system I use and don't laugh it's called fish shit, it increases your yiel, flavor & nutrient uptake, it is a organic soil conditioner , works good, and is inexpensive, sold by fish head farms. SNOLEPERD

B

boyoboy

Firstly, thanks for all your help guys. I have done everything that was suggested.
I removed as much soil from the top of the pots till i started to reach some root growth and then topped the pots up with gro sure farmyard manure - rich in organic matter. Probably managed to get a couple litres manure in top of each pot.
I got some fulvic and humic acid separately and have been using that, Humic just once so far, due another dose.
I have been correcting ph to 6.2 - 6.5 after additives have been added.
I got some calcium chloride crystals and have foilar sprayed three times so far.
Also got some canna pk 13/14 potassium and phosphorous, I have added this to the water and foliar sprayed too, 2 times.
They are still going down hill slowly and hope you guys will look at the latest pictures and let me know your thoughts. I am 5 weeks from the end (10 weeks flowering) and they don't look like they will make it, dunno, what do you think?

Got some more questions if you don't mind answering.
1/ Should I add calcium chloride to water feed instead?

2/ Saw pictures similar to mine on a forum and guy thought his yellow leaves where nitrogen deficiency. Could this be possible with the fact that I mixed miracle gro with another type of compost with maybe no slow release nutes, I forgot what type but there is one pot where there is not much miracle gro in it and that looks pretty healthy, see pics, (maybe they are starving?). Should I try and feed them once with bloom nutes and see what happens or will that just overkill them and polish them off?

3/ The leaves are yellow spotty then fully yellow, dry up and curl.Leaves at the bottom are dying and falling off. What does this indicate to you?

4/ Some leaves are yellow between the veins instead. Does this indicate multiple deficiencies due to different types of symptoms and again does this indicate an all round deficiency, should i try and feed them with normal bloom nutes and risk the extra nitrogen or will the nutes from the farmyard manure filtering down be enough and be the safer option?

5/ Will the roots grow up into farm yard manure at top of pots?

6/ Do you think they will make it another 5 weeks?

Please look at my latest pics. They have just been sprayed with pk 13/14 so please ignore the shine. Oh and they look worse in the flesh than they do in the pics. :(

20180310 200317
20180310 200323
20180310 200334
20180310 200340
20180310 200347
20180310 200351
20180310 200356
20180310 200404
20180310 200411
20180310 200417
20180310 200424
Monster762

Monster762

Firstly, thanks for all your help guys. I have done everything that was suggested.
I removed as much soil from the top of the pots till i started to reach some root growth and then topped the pots up with gro sure farmyard manure - rich in organic matter. Probably managed to get a couple litres manure in top of each pot.
I got some fulvic and humic acid separately and have been using that, Humic just once so far, due another dose.
I got some calcium chloride crystals and have foilar sprayed three times so far.
Also got some canna pk 13/14 potassium and phosphorous, I have added this to the water and foliar sprayed too, 2 times.
They are still going down hill slowly and hope you guys will look at the latest pictures and let me know your thoughts. I am 5 weeks from the end (10 weeks flowering) and they don't look like they will make it, dunno, what do you think?

2/ Saw pictures similar to mine on a forum and guy thought his yellow leaves where nitrogen deficiency. Could this be possible with the fact that I mixed miracle gro with another type of compost with maybe no slow release nutes, I forgot what type but there is one pot where there is not much miracle gro in it and that looks pretty healthy, see pics, (maybe they are starving?). Should I try and feed them once with bloom nutes and see what happens or will that just overkill them and polish them off?

3/ The leaves are yellow spotty then fully yellow, dry up and curl.Leaves at the bottom are dying and falling off. What does this indicate to you?

4/ Some leaves are yellow between the veins instead. Does this indicate multiple deficiencies due to different types of symptoms and again does this indicate an all round deficiency, should i try and feed them with normal bloom nutes and risk the extra nitrogen or will the nutes from the farmyard manure filtering down be enough and be the safer option?

Please look at my latest pics. They have just been sprayed with pk 13/14 so please ignore the shine. Oh and they look worse in the flesh than they do in the pics. :(
I’m no pro but recommend against spraying anything at the stage flower you are. And if what your seeing is burn than adding manure gonna make it worse. Spraying lights on can burn up leaves and lights off in flower humidity lingers which brings funguses and molds. I’d clean up all nutes and start new feed in few days.

Rcubed

Rcubed

Yeah, nutes aren't what you need. Those plants are burned from overfeeding. When you do your next grow make a mild, cool soil mix. I'll give you an example, In my current grow I experimented with a soil mix that is slightly hotter than my usual mix. (spagham moss, composted chicken manure, top soil, and home made compost) Here's the plant with the hotter mix. Look at the lower leaves that were burned and ugly. I've just kept water only on it and it's coming around
IMG 20180306 181336 2

Now here's two other clones (same cut) with a cool soil mix of only (spagham peat moss, top soil, earthworm castings and perlite) These plants have also received nothing except tap water that has a ph of 7. Big difference.
IMG 20180306 181336 3

IMG 20180306 181336 4

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Stop feeding it and fix your ph

B

boyoboy

[/QUOTE]
I’d clean up all nutes and start new feed in few days.
Thanks, I cant clean up all nutes, that's my massive problem. Slow release nutes, Nitrogen overkill but don't know if its getting enough of the rest?
Please see beginning of this thread.
Spraying lights on can burn up leaves and lights off in flower humidity lingers which brings funguses and molds.
I only spray at moment lights go off, air movement fans and extraction are on throughout the dark cycle. I have no options considering my circumstances. Wont make this mistake again. EVER!!!

Stop feeding it and fix your ph
I wish I could stop feeding, slow release nutes in soil, miracle gro. I read that it has plenty of Nitrogen but is low in potassium and phosphorous?
As for PH, my tap water comes out at 7.2 but after standing overnight to warm to room temperature the PH goes up to 8. I have been adding fulvic or humic and pk 13/14, alternating, then correcting PH down to 6.2 - 6.5. Maybe I should bebetween 6.5 and 7 though?

What are the leaves in the latest pics showing, Nitrogen burn or Calcium deficiency or other Problems.
Some have yellow spots, some are yellowing between veins.
Lower leaves falling off, is this the plant using them up because it is nutrient deficient?

Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

Thanks, I cant clean up all nutes, that's my massive problem. Slow release nutes, Nitrogen overkill but don't know if its getting enough of the rest?

I only spray at moment lights go off, air movement fans are on throughout the dark cycle. I have no options considering my circumstances. Wont make this mistake again. EVER!!!

I wish I could stop feeding, slow release nutes in soil, miracle gro. I read that it has plenty of Nitrogen but is low in potassium and phosphorous?
As for PH, my tap water comes out at 7.2 but after standing overnight to warm to room temperature the PH goes up to 8. I have been adding fulvic or humic and pk 13/14, alternating, then correcting PH down to 6.2 - 6.5. Maybe I should bebetween 6.5 and 7 though?

What are the leaves in the latest pics showing, Nitrogen burn or Calcium deficiency or other Problems.
Lower leaves falling off, is this the plant using them up because it is nutrient deficient?
[/QUOTE]
Yes you will fall short on potassium at the end. At least I did. I grew my first run in mg cactus n palm mix. Same thing not knowing of time release. There are little gel looking balls. That is the time release in there. I picked most out but still had n fed way far in flower. And had potassium deficiency at the last few weeks flower. I also noticed that when bad signs started to show flushing seemed to help but then issues came back. At end I ended up harvesting at 10 wks and everything was still lush dark green. Plant showed no fade at all. I think it was the n releasing in flower. They do make chelate flushing agents that supposedly all the nutes n all break down n rinse out. But I’m not sure if I believe in em.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

first off stop spraying foiler,you will get pm quick,buds look good to me ,i see frost

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I only spray at moment lights go off, air movement fans and extraction are on throughout the dark cycle. I have no options considering my circumstances. Wont make this mistake again. EVER!!!

[/QUOTE]
i agree with gt,stop feeding and let it recover and dont spray anything on the leaves,not in flower,even at this point if you got bugs ,you wouldnt want to, the mg soil has the feed in it,the humic is to restore what you lost,so let it dry a bit and when you do start to water it,just add the 1/8 tsp of fulvic with every feeding or watering ,if you dig,,the humic i only hit the pots once a month,the fulvic goes in every time,,all those browned leaves ,cut um off,the yellow ones ,when they turn brownish ,cut um off,with those buds they still get photo what ever if you dig,thats what i would do,get all that crap off,get some air swooping around bottom were the heat would suck out the top,i would defoilate bottom 6inchs of the plants were air could move up the plants,stick that finger in there about 1/2 in if it feels cool ,it is,if it sticks to the finger,dont water,,you way over thinking bro,this plant is wild,no shit,folk talk about indoor and outdoor difrence in smoke as far as taste,guess what im convinced it is best from outdoors,why? because outdoor weed,we dont pamper and tickle it ass with a feather,hardly check once a week,these here new wave hoes,like abuse lmao,inside every damn day even twice a day,we jacking wit um if you dig,jacking with them so much cant even tell if there growing to they explode hahaha,,shoot a pic of your soil mix and pot

B

boyoboy

Thanks again guys. Feel a bit better now, all advice taken on board. Will stop feeding and just use humic, fulvic, proper PH and rely on manure nutrients washing down, good air circulation (got two oscillating fans blowing directly down on canopy all the time during light cycle and intermittent on lights out. They where LST so canopy not too deep. I have trimmed worst leaves for latest pics.
Oldskol4evr, ty for popping back. Your posts always make me laugh. Hope that's the right soil conditioner, someone said it would be high in Nitrogen? Yellowing did get more pronounced after i topped with that but it could be some other reason and they do look better in the pic's than they actually are.

20180227 164416
20180311 200303
20180311 200346
20180311 200400
20180311 200517
20180311 200622
Last edited:
45North

45North

Thanks again guys. Feel a bit better now, all advice taken on board. Will stop feeding and just use humic, fulvic, proper PH and rely on manure nutrients washing down, good air circulation (got two oscillating fans blowing directly down on canopy all the time during light cycle and intermittent on lights out. They where LST so canopy not too deep. I have trimmed worst leaves for latest pics.
Oldskol4evr, ty for popping back. Your posts always make me laugh. Hope that's the right soil conditioner, someone said it would be high in Nitrogen? Yellowing did get more pronounced after i topped with that but it could be some other reason and they do look better in the pic's than they actually are.
I have that same pen. Make sure you calibrate it and buy extra batteries.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I don' know if you are growing autos or photoperid plants, does not matter, rememer keep it simple, don' cut corners on your mix, use clay or growstones 4 drainage, use a nice organic base, I use botanacare pro if you add food 2 ure base start at 1/2 dose until you know ur plants can take it without being burned, for flower I use botanacare pro flower base + Atami Bloombastic can' go wrong there, allso you called me mate that makes me wonder if you are from the uk, if so you may have trouble finding fox farms mix, I here over there they use pro mix, use a mix thats blended for growing canabis, don' cut corners!!!!!! Dont give up!!!! And I will gladly help if needed just ask, your friend. SNOLEPERD

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

PS, I would grow an easy plant for a first grow, Northern light is a great plant for a beginner, it can take serious abuse and major mistakes and still grow just fine, other plants are not as nearly forgiving. SNOLEPERD

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

If your in miracle gro Soil
It feeds for 3 months
Don’t try to fix it
Don’t flush
Don’t feed
Water only
Just follow the directions on the bag
Let the plant grow
You will get better end results than trying to fix it.
And next time
Don’t use miracle gro
Pax

Top Bottom