Hi

• Thread starter Getafix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Getafix

Getafix

Hi Diane 11
Hopefully you have more success than me(had to cut down in second week of flowering due to plant turning Hermes on me due to to much stress) hopefully my next grow will turn out great can't decide whether to grow from clone or from seed I think it may be seed cause clone seems to be a bit more trickier for what I want to do good luck in your grow

Diane11

Diane11

Hi Diane 11
Hopefully you have more success than me(had to cut down in second week of flowering due to plant turning Hermes on me due to to much stress) hopefully my next grow will turn out great can't decide whether to grow from clone or from seed I think it may be seed cause clone seems to be a bit more trickier for what I want to do good luck in your grow
@Getafix Aw man! That sux about the hermie! I just got rid of a 3 month old boy myself.. Pissed me off!! But that's the chances we take... I know I didn't like wasting 3 months, I'll tell ya that!! Well, I hope you fixed your situation and your next grow is great!! Good luck!!!:)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hey, I like to use seeds, however, you can avoid males by using clones, or you can start with feminized seed which will make things easier and not waste space on growing boys!

Diane11

Diane11

Hey, I like to use seeds, however, you can avoid males by using clones, or you can start with feminized seed which will make things easier and not waste space on growing boys!
@BudBogart yes! It's nice to start from seed. See, I started off with a bunch of seeds that my Mom gave me from like 30 years ago!! I, of course, had to have some fun with them! I already had 2 seeds that I wanted to grow too, well, long story short, HER old seeds had better success than MY Allen which turned out male. However, my Hawaiin is in flower and looking good! So I really cannot WAIT to see what those others bring me:) and from now on, yes, I will only used feminized seeds and of course finish playing around with the unknowns from my old hippie Mom Hahaa!!! Joy joy!! :)

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

When starting from seed I always pop ~ 10 seeds. I start them in in 3 " net pots in my DIY Bubble Bath. From there I pick the best females and transfer to my Mini Me F & D

Diane11

Diane11

When starting from seed I always pop ~ 10 seeds. I start them in in 3 " net pots in my DIY Bubble Bath. From there I pick the best females and transfer to my Mini Me F & D
That's awesome @PhatNuggz! I wish I had done a couple more, but for my first grow I didn't exactly know what I was getting into. The way I constantly learn doing this everyday.. You're pretty much forced to learn unless you don't give a crap, I'm thinking I could have handled a couple more lol, oh well, next grow:)

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

That's awesome @PhatNuggz! I wish I had done a couple more, but for my first grow I didn't exactly know what I was getting into. The way I constantly learn doing this everyday.. You're pretty much forced to learn unless you don't give a crap, I'm thinking I could have handled a couple more lol, oh well, next grow:)

Ah to be a noob, learning on the fly again. Those were scary days. I consider myself to be well rounded in led lighting and hydro. I'm here to help. Drop by my grow threads to ask questions

Diane11

Diane11

Ah to be a noob, learning on the fly again. Those were scary days. I consider myself to be well rounded in led lighting and hydro. I'm here to help. Drop by my grow threads to ask questions
Thank you @PhatNuggz :) I agree, learning on the fly is scary but that's how I learned to clone!! REAL fast!! I also find it very exciting too though, it's also very soothing lol. Anyhow, thanks again for offering your advice, I appreciate it mucho! :)

Diane11

Diane11

Hell yeah pop the whole pack lol
Lol, I'm pretty sure I could handle it my next grow, HOWEVER, dangit there's always a however!.... I don't have the space. Bummer! but I am really gettin this.... I th/hope! Hahahaa!!! :)

BudBogart

BudBogart

@BudBogart yes! It's nice to start from seed. See, I started off with a bunch of seeds that my Mom gave me from like 30 years ago!! I, of course, had to have some fun with them! I already had 2 seeds that I wanted to grow too, well, long story short, HER old seeds had better success than MY Allen which turned out male. However, my Hawaiin is in flower and looking good! So I really cannot WAIT to see what those others bring me:) and from now on, yes, I will only used feminized seeds and of course finish playing around with the unknowns from my old hippie Mom Hahaa!!! Joy joy!! :)
Oh, how I wish I had some of the seeds from back in the day. I am glad they are still viable! Have fun!

Diane11

Diane11

Oh, how I wish I had some of the seeds from back in the day. I am glad they are still viable! Have fun!
Thanks @BudBogart!! Yeah when she gave em to me.. About 10 yrs ago, she said she had em over 20 yrs! I was just smoking whatever I could find then hahaha! But now, things are totally different. I'm legal, I NEED it for pain cuz I'm old now lol, And I just got into it this year so I brought her old seeds out of the woodworks lol. And it is super fun, thank you! Any advice on how I can find out about their genetics?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks @BudBogart!! Yeah when she gave em to me.. About 10 yrs ago, she said she had em over 20 yrs! I was just smoking whatever I could find then hahaha! But now, things are totally different. I'm legal, I NEED it for pain cuz I'm old now lol, And I just got into it this year so I brought her old seeds out of the woodworks lol. And it is super fun, thank you! Any advice on how I can find out about their genetics?
As far as genetics go no sure fire way to tell I'm assuming they are bag seed seeing how old they are I'd say Mexican sativa is the most plausible possibility depends on what was big in your pot scene back then

BudBogart

BudBogart

I don't know any way about the genetics, I don't think things were quite so sophisticated back then. In the 70's we would get cannabis named for the alleged country of origin so we might have some panama red, Acapulco gold, Colombian, Hawaiian or cheap Mexican. In the 80's excellent green seedless from Humboldt.
People would store away seeds from any exceptional bud, and apparently in your moms case, pass them on. You've got the special!

BudBogart

BudBogart

As far as genetics go no sure fire way to tell I'm assuming they are bag seed seeing how old they are I'd say Mexican sativa is the most plausible possibility depends on what was big in your pot scene back then

And yes, very probably a sativa. I never saw an indica plant till the 80's. I predicted indica wouldn't catch on. The smell, looks and taste of the indica was so different from the pure sativa.

Diane11

Diane11

Yupp. Just a bunch of seeds in a small little bag. I tried to ask her and she said, "that wasn't all I was doing, I don't fkn remember!!" Lol! I keep thinking strawberry fields..... But then I always say..... Forever... After my thought and I realize it's just the era of the song and everyone smoked weed then so...Just a thought, I'm sure I'm way off. Hahaa!

Diane11

Diane11

And yes, very probably a sativa. I never saw an indica plant till the 80's. I predicted indica wouldn't catch on. The smell, looks and taste of the indica was so different from the pure sativa.
Right on!!! I sure hope so!! I love me some sativas!! Thanks @BudBogart!!

Diane11

Diane11

I don't know any way about the genetics, I don't think things were quite so sophisticated back then. In the 70's we would get cannabis named for the alleged country of origin so we might have some panama red, Acapulco gold, Colombian, Hawaiian or cheap Mexican. In the 80's excellent green seedless from Humboldt.
People would store away seeds from any exceptional bud, and apparently in your moms case, pass them on. You've got the special!
That's makes me super happy to hear! My Mom didn't play around apparently lol we'll have to wait and see:)

Top Bottom