Highland Nepalese Preferably Landrace

• Thread starter Desert Rogue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

The link another member sent me didn't satisfy me as the lineage is important to me. (H-Nep with Northern lights in it.. somewhere.. maybe.. If the beans are even real.)

Does anyone know where I can find almost pure Highland Nepalese or something backcrossed with its lineage documented mostly nepalese genes?

I expect its a lot to ask. Another strain, similar, Im interested in is Watermelon Hashplant. Problem is I can't find any in stock from attitude.. and dont know another safe bank.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Im factoring in law in Nepal. I just believe, someone is in the know.. I just hope its not a trade secret.

Hippebay.com with Holy smoke seeds nepali rukum in stock seems suspect.. and a check up of the site with a review check seems even more suspicious.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

The only Nepalese highland I'm seeing is x Jamaican. Ace seeds...its extremely hard to find Asian stock. Old cuts like blue Thai are locked into crosses. Mostly because people only had female cuts to start from.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Thats what Im coming up with. 50% nepalese at best. Figures, others made the same mistake or something similar in having no males to continue their line..

Id be happy as can be if I could find just an almost pure clone. I may have to settle for the seeds at Old school breeder's association.. (It has some % of northern lights, Id prefer less than 20%, but there is no data on lineage.. :[ Makes me sad.)

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Nepalese/Reefermans_Seeds/ I believe is what they are claiming that line is.. when its actually impure.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

The Real Seed Company has Unadultered Nepali. 2 types, but you will need to go through MANY SEEDS ( Id say at least 150 females ) to find the best plants. 2-3 packs aint gonna cut it. And it needs strong light, and added UVA/UVB would also IMHO help. Sola Cure bulbs. 2 x 34 watt for each 1000w HID, and 4 x 4 area. 18 inch away from canopy.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

I do have some uv in my leds.. but maybe not enough. This project shouldnt be taken lightly.. I would very much like to obtain large numbers of seeds to properly find breedable material.

We talking one of those reptile bulbs? Can yeh direct me to a place to buy a said bulbs? I can make a fixture for it to hang off of with my father's CnC Mill.

Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Also, if Im looking at the right strain.. it appears Attitude is out, should I fear old beans with low germ.. Id still buy em... just doesnt look like my preferred seedbank has em.

EDIT: EVERYWHERE is out of stock for their nepalese.. :( Im losing hope here.

Last edited:
Desert Rogue

Desert Rogue

Ill look into buying the whole kit for one for my big tent. I have 50w t5s in my mini tent for clones/seedlings under the dome and my mother Alpha Durban.

Still looking around for the seeds.. Like I said, Old seeds are still seeds. So..

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Midweeksong has a couple packs of

The Real Seed Company Parvati, and Nanda Devil.

They also may have a pack or 2 of 5 along with a pack or 2 of 12. Check both, if interested. MWS is a good company for USA.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you can buy uvB bulbs at any pet store and use the clip on lights ,remove the sheild,just make sure you get a quality clip on light with ceramic fixture,,reel seed is the way to go,but i never could get a hold of them from email,,tied several times never responded back to me,,seedfinder will be your best bet,look into company background on them though,,there a lot of should be aint be stuff going on these days,but seed finder will direct you to what your looking for

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Those pet store, and Reptile Bulbs, aren't in the same universe as the Solacure. Not even close.

Arcadia Dragon Bulb is the best T5 Reptile Bulb made. Period. It much less potent vs the Solacure. By about 10x. Not in the same Universe. Plant UVA/UVB bulbs are different than Animal bulbs.

Don't let the 34 watts fool you either. These bulbs put out way more UVA/UVB that a 54w Reptile bulb by a great deal.

Specifications:

FR40T12 multi-wattage, multi-peak UVB/UVA horticultural lamp.
Wattage: 32-40 watts standard, can be run as high as 80w for special applications.
Color: white to violet. Color temperature >10,000K
Dimension: 4 foot by 1.5 inches. Will fit almost any shop light.
Reflector: Built inside the lamp. No external reflector needed.
UVA/B: 5x the power of the SG-1 and Universal UV. About 20 to 50x the power of reptile lights.
UVA/B rating: Equivalent to a 30% UVB lamp, but we do this in very different frequencies, so they don't equate.
Life: 1000 hours at 70% of original power.

eu.gif
From the ground up, this lamp was engineered to do nothing but operate as a horticultural lamp. It can operate as low as 25 watts and as high as 80 watts, but is centered to us a standard 4 foot 32w fixture and it's own timer. It is four foot long, 1.5" in diameter, so it can be used in virtually every 4 foot fixture at the hardware store. Our entire goal was to make it simple and cheap to operate. All the really interesting things are happening inside the lamp, not in the fixture.

Again we licensed Sol Glass for this lamp, like our SG series lamps. It is more transparent to any other UV glass made, and allows transmission of UVB between 280nm and 300nm, something other lamps don't do well. This is one reason our lamps have been so successful in the labs, testing for resin/flavonoids/terpenes/THC. The new spectrum uses many of the same spectral peaks as the SG, but are 3 to 4 times stronger in the UVB, while still having a solid UVA profile. UVA is seldom discussed in many circles, and it is too large a topic to discuss here, but we design our lamps with a sun similar UVA spectrum because we have good reason to think it is also very beneficial for UV started plants. The UVA to UVB ratio is very different than the sun, however, as the effective ratio is about 4 times higher than the sun. This is why you can use half as many lamps and still get twice as much UVB. In short, you use few lamps farther from from your plants. This makes using them easier and cheaper for you, while being more effective. It is hard to overstate how big a leap this lamp is.

ruva.gif

Like most Solacure lamps, the Flower Power has a built in reflector, so you don't need to worry about using reflective material with it. Mylar, white paint, all these absorb UV anyway, they are useless for reflecting it. The image on the left shows a regular lamp, the image on the right is how the Flower Power is designed, with an internal reflector. It forces all the light to go in one direction, making designing and installing a system much easier. This means the lamp has about 50% more total UV output than a non-reflector design with a home made reflector.

For all flowering plants (including fruits and vegetables) grown indoor or in a greenhouse environment. The exact amount of UV needed for each plant will vary, and must be determined by the grower. To offer enhanced UVB, most growers will use two of the Flower Power lamps for every 1000w HPS/MH or equivalent. Obviously these will work on cannabis and are designed to maximize the UVB needs of the buds, but it was designed to be a greenhouse light and to provide the missing UVB for any plant.

hoodlayout.jpg

How to use these lamps
Use two Flower Power lamps per 1000w hood, one on each side for even coverage, 12" to 24" from the plants (farther is weaker so needs to be run longer, but covers a larger area). Run 1 to 4 times per day, 1 to 6 hours per cycle for up to 12 hours (single cycle). How much depends on your particular plants, so start with 2 to 4 hours and work your way up, looking out for burned edges. The goal is to stress the plants, push them, without damaging them. Only run during your day cycle. Use during flowering and fruiting stage. Also proven to suppress mold and mildew as well as discourage many insects.

Another method that is claimed to produce higher CBD is the "Pulse Method". You run them 15 minutes on, 45 minutes off. This will shorten lamp life somewhat, but will still get you 2 flowering seasons worth of use. These claims have been made by a few professional growers. Most tests that instead run the UVB continuously for several hours have shown to not dramatically affect CBD production (flat to slightly higher).

Already certified to get 20% to 35% higher THC and flavonoids and anecdotal evidence that approaches 40% higher, and results keep coming in.

Top Bottom