His And Her 1st Ever Coco Grow Top Fed Dtw 3kw

• Thread starter Nugteq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is your preferred method of irrigation for coco coir?

• Total voters
Nugteq

Nugteq

Got a couple keepers. Plan to run all of Crockett gear. Wife loves her some. Strawberry Fields. Here's a pic of roots from The Sauce from Exotic G. Going from.2gal plastic to 5 gal fabric...Will see if this is too large for.coco coir..

IMG 20170308 235200
JMcG

JMcG

Great thread.
Thinking of a set up similar to yours, wild you mind sharing how much you spent on the drip system?

Nugteq

Nugteq

Great thread.
Thinking of a set up similar to yours, wild you mind sharing how much you spent on the drip system?
Great thread.
Sure. Mondi pump. Bout 0
Vinyl Hosing 3/8" Bout 500 feet. Bout 0 or a 100 feet (use same diamater vinyl hosing to make halo drip rings, which actually saves a lot of money cuz those halo drippers are like 20 a piece f that)
PVC 1" to PVC 1 1/2" about
PVC Couplers and 90 elbows and 45 elbows to align with wall about
PVC Glue cement about another
Ball Valves .50 each
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006U4E9F2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Then can't forget the drill bit to make 1/4" hole into 1 1/2 " PVC forget what its called maybe pimples can chime in..I should just take a pic my wife probably knows what its called anyways it creates a hole in PVC with grooved edges so that the ball valves can turn twist into pvc $10
I'm missing something...
35 Gal res...$28
Some 1" and 1 1/2" metal brackets to stick to wall $10
Some anchors and screws to screw those into wall $6
Pack of 100 metal stakes look like this |_| to hold halo rings firmly into pot they're cheap like $4
Then...go to this site...https://www.usplastic.com/ or a hydro store and find yourself 90 degree black plastic elbows I believe

62036 1/4" NPT x 3/8" Hose ID Black HDPE Elbow 25 Each $0.54 $0.54 $13.50
62065 3/8" x 3/8" x 3/8" Hose ID Black HDPE Tee 25 Each $0.54 $0.54 $13.50

Totals
Order Subtotal $27.00
Shipping and Handling $11.59
Tax $0.00
Order Total (USD) $38.59

That should save u a fuck ton of time friend ^ cuz the plastic part connectors was the hardest to figure out...the ID vs OD like why can't it all be the measured the same way no they all have to make shit difficult LMAO

if you over do it like we did for 25 then thats going to run you aprox $374.59 plus 6.50 x 25 ball valves= $162.50 + $374.59 =$537.09 GRAND TOTAL

No wait. Seconds timer. There are some for like $20 like this one http://www.mistking.com/Seconds-Timer-MKST-24.html

But we use the digital master timer because you can plug in your pump...plus your light controller relay switch...plus a day plug and a night plug so theres fan and dehumid and pump and lights all ran off of one..very efficient however you'll need 240V connection direct to panel for your light controller if you want to work it like that

To drill holes to make halo..just use a smaller sized drill bit. Increase diamater to increase flow...decrease diamater if you like shit getting clogged on you :)

Nugteq

Nugteq

Things are starting to get out of hand quickly. We popped 16 seeds of "purple kush" turns out they were all feminized from a herm from critical and power and white widow plant...so who the fuck knows what we got growing in here now. On last pic you can see Kryptonite, The Sauce, AK47 which is sick...,Northern Skunk, Durban Poison other one has some Bubba Kush and some other shit thrown in from those damn feminized seeds. All them turn out female and all them wanna stretch like crazy...

Keep in mind first time grow so we really didn't know what to expect during stretch but one thing is for sure..the drip system is working like a charm! explosive growth

IMG 20170315 030234
IMG 20170315 030142
Nugteq

Nugteq

FYI if you think u got fungus knats...double check they're not root aphids...cuz they get bad fast ...here they are pouring out of pots of infected plants after they been Bayered

IMG 20170322 231443
IMG 20170322 231547
P

Pimples

What u running? What ur yields like pimples..This first grow ever. So still a rookie :)
Right now i have a bunch of Sin City gear. Blue Power..White Nightmare...Sins Og...Raskal Berries..and then some usual suspects...Santa Cruz Blue Dream..Gg#4...some og variations...and then i got some new seed stuff from MotaRebel. I run 8 Gavita 6/750 flex lamps in one room. And 4 1000 watt hps mogul socket in another. All coco coir in drip systems with 2 and 3 gallon pots. Run to waste. Veg room is a big 7x7 tent with 3 8 bulb t5 fixtures. I also run a tester /quarantine tent with a 600 watt hps ususally dialed down to 400 watts. All new gear gets ran in here before i make a decision on what iam doing with that strain. Mitsubishi mini split a.c. in the Gavita room that exchanges cool air with the 4000 watt room. Santa fe commercial dehumidifiers in both rooms. And a spare room upstairs dedicated to drying and curing finished product with lines across the ceilings and net racks everywhere. Climate controlled as well with window shaker ac's and home depot dehumidifiers.

P

Pimples

FYI if you think u got fungus knats...double check they're not root aphids...cuz they get bad fast ...here they are pouring out of pots of infected plants after they been Bayered
Here in mid Michigan root aphids dont seem to ne very common. I know a ton of growers and no one has them or has had them. Thank God. I hear on the forums all the time about growers with root aphids...but in my world none at all. Now spider mites...oh yes. Every flake in this town seems to have em. Its why i run almost everything in house. Find my own keepers from seeds. I been down that road years ago. I dont play around anymore. Tester tent for any new cut i get as well. Mites are prevalent with these yo yos around town. Its because these guys all share cuts and dont check much and just throw them in there room. Not me. No way.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Right now i have a bunch of Sin City gear. Blue Power..White Nightmare...Sins Og...Raskal Berries..and then some usual suspects...Santa Cruz Blue Dream..Gg#4...some og variations...and then i got some new seed stuff from MotaRebel. I run 8 Gavita 6/750 flex lamps in one room. And 4 1000 watt hps mogul socket in another. All coco coir in drip systems with 2 and 3 gallon pots. Run to waste. Veg room is a big 7x7 tent with 3 8 bulb t5 fixtures. I also run a tester /quarantine tent with a 600 watt hps ususally dialed down to 400 watts. All new gear gets ran in here before i make a decision on what iam doing with that strain. Mitsubishi mini split a.c. in the Gavita room that exchanges cool air with the 4000 watt room. Santa fe commercial dehumidifiers in both rooms. And a spare room upstairs dedicated to drying and curing finished product with lines across the ceilings and net racks everywhere. Climate controlled as well with window shaker ac's and home depot dehumidifiers.
I like your setup. Santa fe's are great I heard. My damn minisplit broken so I got a very complicated ventilated system for the entire area. AC come from window ac unit 2 rooms away fans blowing air towards my lung room. Lung room pulled in via 8" hurricane. exhaust into veg room. veg room ventilated 15 mins on hour. i'm working on a kind of vertical stacked veg room for space issues. been able to eliminate a tent in living room however quarantine is smart. ya these damn dispensaries don't give a shit. "we don't have no bugs we're all organic" ya effin right ladybugs get real. please. lmao. I've had some homegrown from MI. You all know how to grow thats for sure. Those gavitas are great. I use Nanolux DEFNC 5x5. I have 2 on 750 on opposing sides, since I'm running a hybrid room ventilated its a challenge to keep cool with 2x DE running. once we get some disposable income we are definately going to skip the air cooled (x2 1000w hortilux) hoods and seal the room with co2 and ac. whats your experience with sealed vs ventilated? ease of use..u know results in general any problems should be on the look out?

Nugteq

Nugteq

Also smart on your growing from seed. I have a few clones most of them decided to ditch because of their predisposed sickness from dispensaries but got one clone only cut Kryptonite and its a beautiful plant. Always huge leaves and vigorous with purpling and orange cinnamon smell. Very frosty. First run with her and buds were small because of late root aphid problems but next run were gonna try to max her potential. Smoke makes you want to hit the gym with great muscle pain relief.

Whats your biggest yielder? Right now got Blue Steel, Trap Star and Kimbo kush on sex ID. Strawberry Fields, Strawberry Banana Sherbet, Taffie on 2nd round keeper run. And few others trying to dial in. Crockett has some amazing genetics.

You make any concentrates?

Nugteq

Nugteq

Concentrate strain hunting...Tangie flavor just mmm. Can I get an Amen!

Our backup press. Wholesale? Anyone? $.$ buy in bulk fuck all these name brands for real. Make own nutes. Buy ballasts bulbs and lights straight from the Factory pennies on the dollar. I swear all these Companies making a killing off us. Shit we just want our own medicine all these companies want to take all the money from the retail side.. no..Skip them all Google the rest lol

Last pic DE or single end 1200W digital dimmable 5 yr warranty..From the factory that produces Nanolux. For pennies on dollar friends. Stuff like this is important! Bottom dollar..

IMG 20170314 165836
IMG 20170314 123507
Nugteq

Nugteq

Ok let's get to the good stuff

After random stretch seed debacle...Thanks for that by way bro...;) Finally got some new plants properly canopy trained prior to flowering...

IMG 20170322 005210
Nugteq

Nugteq

Things are coming along nicely in flower room...

And veg room we got a lil showdown

Mainlined vs Manifold plant training with 2 Phenos of Strawberry Banana Sherbet

IMG 20170411 222111
IMG 20170411 222135
IMG 20170415 181035
IMG 20170415 181135
IMG 20170415 181205
Nugteq

Nugteq

Hey pimples. We got some sinmint cookies and platinum delight from sin city cuz we had to look into sin city gear...shoot they got some wicket genetics up in there

Also looking for a great purple strain...like God Bud..? Any suggestions anyone?

Ok so where were we.

Ok so why you're all watching. The drip system.

So a few pointers.

1. Don't over do PPMs
2. invest in a good ppm/tds/ec/ph meter got ours used from amazon.com Oakton PCSTestr 35 Waterproof Multiparameter Tester, For pH, Conductivity, TDS, Salinity and Temperature, 0.0 to 14.0 pH Range for $50
3. Do plan on getting a few leaks from pvc connections, use some goop to seal it up never worry again.
4. Keep in mind gravity does play a role, and if your drippers or halos or stakes are attached to base of plant and base of plant is equal to or less height than your manifold pvc then you should have no pressure problems. so basically just don't contruct your pvc plumbing below your res line or below your plants base
5. enjoy fine tooth comb calibration is a must as you will soon realize some strains some plants some variable will need to be adjusted to truly dial in just the right watering pressure
6. this system uses very high pressure and is not for faint of heart
7. is pricey. is complicated. is a pain in ass to figure out. is probably the best way to gain massive yields from coco without having to be "ever present" watering your coco trees ...

Nugteq

Nugteq

Holy subbage, Love me some Crockett, Tangie terps always win in any contest of terps :love2:
Thanks ya Tangie flavor and scent is one of my favs especially for fresh rosin mmm.

Here's an update on some of the Crockett gear.

One of the Strawberry Fields Dom Phenos

And another pheno which is my favorite

And my girl fav strawberry banana pheno
IMG 20170429 191603

IMG 20170501 105747
IMG 20170501 105751
IMG 20170501 105948
IMG 20170501 105959
IMG 20170501 110007

Latest posts

Top Bottom