history of bubba kush

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SourBubba

Wow! This is really interesting, his story seems pretty legit. So he is saying Bubba Kush is actually Northern Lights x Kush. And he got these very special Northern Lights seeds from a frat brother in New Orleans who told him they were from Humboldt. He then grew the Northern Lights seeds in Florida and renamed them Bubba. In 1996 he brought his Bubba to Silver Lake in Los Angeles and his Bubba got pollinated by a Kush hermie, giving us Bubba Kush. So there should be people in Florida, New Orleans and California that could confirm this story. Someone here on the farm must know of this guy and this story??

If this is true it will answer a lot of questions.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Bubba Kush = (OG Kush x (West Coast Dog x Old World Kush))

and some info behind it...

"Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog. Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba."

S

swisscheese

Bubba kush tastes awesome no matter the origins. Really wonder which story is true?

S

SourBubba

Is it possible the "Humboldt county indica boy" that Hellmutt is talking about is the same Northern Lights that this other guy is talking about or he might have been given seeds from the work Jerry and Bob were doing? IMO the origin of these things are huge and people shouldnt be taking credit if its not deserved, so we continue the search for the truth :)

aleYarok

aleYarok

yeap... because of legalities of growing its all he-say-she-say...
this shit would not fly in any other industry.... hopefully soon labs will not only be looking at thc content but also origins and verification of stains... cant wait till that day comes

J-fly

J-fly

I've met this guy and heard his story in person. I don't believe it. Just a sales pitch. When I went there they didn't have any bubba Kush or og Kush. My friend and I pretty much laughed at him after we left. I've heard different versions too. He isn't even a breeder just some carpetbagging transplant here to milk the medical scene.

Maybe im wrong. I am always skeptical. I trust my gut

Illmind

Illmind

too bad purp kush was around before then and bubba is most likely afghani, i saw a dude with a cut called oregon afgani i think it was and it is indeed pre98 bk. and he said that clone been around since 93. so i dunno.

true grit

true grit

Smoked some hard to get cut named Af-Pak (few cuts around, this one is the shit)...IMO gotta be a precursor or close close relative to Bubba. Like a bubba on roids and has probably been around as long (same bud look/structure, more yield and with more kushy/earthiness). I'd bet same fam- so an old world (paki) kush sound bout right fa sho.

Aligee

Aligee

Crazy u say that TG my boy has been getting flowers if a strain called af pak for over 10 years its the kindest cured lime white dank around its coming out of norcal lineage is
affi X something i think theres trainwreck in it i smoked some with steele savage out of sac he had some prophet good times anyhow ive never heard any talk of this strain im sure its similar but rare in cut form IDK !!!

true grit

true grit

Yeah man, super rare. Probably slightly different, heard of a few but this one cut is straight Bubba on roids. I mean nugs look identical to good bubba but just hella swell and more earthy instead of coffee/tootsi rollish. serious dank, wish i had it fa sho.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

first guy i seen sporting bubba and og kush seeds and strains was orgnkid, ,,,,,,someone talked to him back in the day and he said they came from florida!! As someone i chated with once said that has talked to orgnkid,,,,,not alotta folks named Bubba in cali........any of the old guys on here remember anyone farther back on Overgrow that was hyping bubba and og before orgnkid?

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Sure dosent look like a Northern lights X Og kush Cross. I think I'm with TG on this one.

J

jetcat

does bubblegum fit in to this senerio? before the westcoast dog story I was under the impression it was Afghan x bubblegum.... nowadays I hear of it just being pure Afghan...

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
That Af Pak is super fire. There was some in Sac last year. It is very bubba esque tho. Wish I had a cut of this jewel. Post some pics,TG.

true grit

true grit

I wish bro- none of the homies have the cut but always have an ear to ground for headies...only seen about an ounce of this stuff, so you've probably seen as much as myself. Uber dank and rare...

sky high

sky high

any of the old guys on here remember anyone farther back on Overgrow that was hyping bubba and og before orgnkid?

Nope. Never heard the "Chemdog" story til after OG fell either....nor were there a ton of "kush" offshoots named after a lake (Tahoe), A smoggy valley (SFV), or Larry, curly or moe.

I personally think most of the "kush" we see today came from phenos found in those OG Kush S-1 beans that Organ sold on HS for $100 a pack. There sure WASN'T the plethora of "kush" cuts before that time that I saw. You??

Had a cut in '93 that smoked/grew/tasted exactly like what folks call "Bubba" today...but this cut was named "Al Walker". Then later (2006) I'm alll excited to get "Al Walker" again but grow it and find out it is NOT the same cut I grew in '93. :evilgrin0040:

pre '98, indeed...

good luck, all

s h

T

TreFarmer

download-21.jpg

This is what I now as the Katsu cut Bubba Kush. I asked a very reputable breeder if he knew the difference between Pre-98 and the Katsu cut, as the Pre-98 I ran was lankier, and not as hardy stem-wise.
He said the Pre-98 he runs is known as the Coffee Kush, he ran a similar Pre-98 but it was a bit different. He went on to talk about the Pre-93 and that it could be the Katsu, but he wasn't sure. Seems like the better it is the more folklore behind it.
Oh... by the way I made the Bubba in Mongolia using hops and morning glory seeds :bongsmi: in 1992.:)

K

kolah

Heres the real story kiddies:

Bubba Kush was the CIA codename for Osama Bin Laden.

..and then there was ex Prez George W's mj strain called "Bubba Bush."

Latest posts

Top Bottom