history of bubba kush

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Nope. Never heard the "Chemdog" story til after OG fell either....nor were there a ton of "kush" offshoots named after a lake (Tahoe), A smoggy valley (SFV), or Larry, curly or moe.

I personally think most of the "kush" we see today came from phenos found in those OG Kush S-1 beans that Organ sold on HS for $100 a pack. There sure WASN'T the plethora of "kush" cuts before that time that I saw. You??

Had a cut in '93 that smoked/grew/tasted exactly like what folks call "Bubba" today...but this cut was named "Al Walker". Then later (2006) I'm alll excited to get "Al Walker" again but grow it and find out it is NOT the same cut I grew in '93. :evilgrin0040:

pre '98, indeed...

good luck, all

s h

Yeah bet they were mostly s1's and folks trying to make it big with the danks. lol.

Yeah a homie is rockin the albert walker right now, wonder which it is. Think he said it was lemony though...doubting thats it then.

And yes Medz talks about an original bubba 93 cut or something.

This is what I now as the Katsu cut Bubba Kush. I asked a very reputable breeder if he knew the difference between Pre-98 and the Katsu cut, as the Pre-98 I ran was lankier, and not as hardy stem-wise.
He said the Pre-98 he runs is known as the Coffee Kush, he ran a similar Pre-98 but it was a bit different. He went on to talk about the Pre-93 and that it could be the Katsu, but he wasn't sure. Seems like the better it is the more folklore behind it.
Oh... by the way I made the Bubba in Mongolia using hops and morning glory seeds :bongsmi: in 1992.:)

Yep heard of the 93 cut as well and heard it is quite different than the 98 or Katsu. Hmm... the possibilities.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Very interesting story here.. This is a Lil off topic here my bad but I heard somebody say that the 3 Bubbas grew different.. I got a Katsu Bubba that grows very different then most Bubba Kush strains this Katsu grew like OG Kush same kinda leaf & super streached like OG also not slow veg & short & stumpy like most Bubba's I've grown.. But the craziest part 2 me is the buds my Katsu Bubba buds didn't grow round heads on the buds like most Bubba kush's I've grown or seen my Katsu Bubba grew sharp pointy buds peep these pisc does this look like Katsu Bubba? http://i1118.invalid.com/albums/k620/MakinGoo/c0e78821.jpghttp://i1118.invalid.com/albums/k620/MakinGoo/8016889e.jpg
If it is it's very different then most Bubba Kush strains I've ever seen..

sky high

sky high

Looks more "Ghostly" than Bubba (pre-98, katsu, green, etc) from my memory of growing all of them. (2005-6)

Grit....the second "Albert Walker" (the cut I got 3-4 years ago) was the lemony one you may be seeing. Mine had a funky Mg def. (?) that I could never right...causing most of the fans
to turn brown/crispy and drop in late flower. She grew big though. Lotsa more finger-like buds and skinnier leaves than the first one in '93....whic was an indica dom if not alll indica...fer sure. Chemmy/bug Killer/funk/dank is how i would describe it.

like I say...mis-marked..renamed..who knows. Definitely not the same cut but same name.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yea i thought my Katsu Bubba looks a Lil strainge..It grows the same as my SFV,Tahoe,Valley but the buds look alot different then my other OG's & they sure don't look Bubba..

S

swisscheese

Yea i thought my Katsu Bubba looks a Lil strainge..It grows the same as my SFV,Tahoe,Valley but the buds look alot different then my other OG's & they sure don't look Bubba..

When you got the clone is it possible it got mixe up with something else?

soopy

soopy

Y'all think there is a Bubba link to the LA Pure Kush(Puss kush) or the Deep Chunk line? From my understanding the flavor profiles are similar as well as structure.

true grit

true grit

Looks more "Ghostly" than Bubba (pre-98, katsu, green, etc) from my memory of growing all of them. (2005-6)

Grit....the second "Albert Walker" (the cut I got 3-4 years ago) was the lemony one you may be seeing. Mine had a funky Mg def. (?) that I could never right...causing most of the fans
to turn brown/crispy and drop in late flower. She grew big though. Lotsa more finger-like buds and skinnier leaves than the first one in '93....whic was an indica dom if not alll indica...fer sure. Chemmy/bug Killer/funk/dank is how i would describe it.

like I say...mis-marked..renamed..who knows. Definitely not the same cut but same name.

Damn ya the original Al Walker sounds like the shit bro, bummer its not the one floating.

Y'all think there is a Bubba link to the LA Pure Kush(Puss kush) or the Deep Chunk line? From my understanding the flavor profiles are similar as well as structure.

IMO yes, they look very similar when grown. I was checking a homie 'LA Kush' cut and thought it was a bubba variant off the bat. Not a big yield, but more bubba than pk imo. But does have a different taste.

K

Kobe24

BritishHemprie an old Mod on here in my opinion nailed it with Bubba Kush....

He had said that he believed it was an Landrace Afghani strain .... Because it was so dominant in all its crosses this had to be a strain has been inbred for many generations...

NL and Bubble Gum werent known to go purple were they?

green punk

green punk

Yeah bet they were mostly s1's and folks trying to make it big with the danks. lol.

Yeah a homie is rockin the albert walker right now, wonder which it is. Think he said it was lemony though...doubting thats it then.

And yes Medz talks about an original bubba 93 cut or something.

Yep heard of the 93 cut as well and heard it is quite different than the 98 or Katsu. Hmm... the possibilities.

The "Albert Walker" strain is named after Culture member Albert Walker. The strain was started in a basement in Neterland, CO the fall of 1992.
A group of friends were backstage after a Culture concert in Boulder CO, smoking with the band. While hanging with the band some seeds were given to the friends by Walker, Walker said "These seeds are from the best herb in America."
Chris Donegan and Scott Cooper now of Grass Valley, CA and friends started the seeds. Of the handful that sprouted they selected a pheno. The selection became the rage amongst the circle, it was then named "Albert Walker"

Donegan and that pheno made their way to Whitefish, MT in 1993. Cuts were given out, the strain was also in Missoula, MT too. It circulated Co, MT and elsewhere and has become a source of debate as to where it originated.
Donegan is a close friend of mine. We saw Jason King's write up in the Cannabible and knew the story was mostly inaccurate.

Now you know.

As for it being part of the Bubba linage, I don't know.

Good Luck, Grow Hard

bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

i got bubba kush from A friend in sonoma in 94/95. still have it today...
we thought it was called baba kush, named after the charas smoking babas of india, untill i was corrected by the internet in 96...

i think its an oldworld central asian family heirloom, brought back by hippies in the 70,s....

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

The "Albert Walker" strain is named after Culture member Albert Walker. The strain was started in a basement in Neterland, CO the fall of 1992.
A group of friends were backstage after a Culture concert in Boulder CO, smoking with the band. While hanging with the band some seeds were given to the friends by Walker, Walker said "These seeds are from the best herb in America."
Chris Donegan and Scott Cooper now of Grass Valley, CA and friends started the seeds. Of the handful that sprouted they selected a pheno. The selection became the rage amongst the circle, it was then named "Albert Walker"

Donegan and that pheno made their way to Whitefish, MT in 1993. Cuts were given out, the strain was also in Missoula, MT too. It circulated Co, MT and elsewhere and has become a source of debate as to where it originated.
Donegan is a close friend of mine. We saw Jason King's write up in the Cannabible and knew the story was mostly inaccurate.

Now you know.

As for it being part of the Bubba linage, I don't know.

Good Luck, Grow Hard

good story

fwiw

true grit

true grit

Thanks Bodhi, if folks know some foreign varieties I'm sure it would be you homie! So are asian indica variety huh?

GreenPunk- Thanks for the info. So looks like it could be local still to us here in CO if findable. I take youve had/have the cut or smoked it? Whats kind of representation we looking for in the real deal floating? Assuming its like Sky Highs descrip and not the lemon one eh?

Illmind

Illmind

i've grown many afganis no doubt it's affie, and porchmonkey for life i remember dude he was on icmag after overgrow think name was 'oldfamilyred' or some shit down south kat for sure where everyone is named bubba. orgnkid claimed they came from a chinese gang in sf but i believe og and bubba are most likely from south. oldfamilyred had that triangle kush whick looks like mom of og kinda all day. sucks not knowing eh? btw sky high chem was on overgrow along with story and a few cuts think he met up with joebrand there..ovrgrow still my fav site to this day.

green punk

green punk

Thanks Bodhi, if folks know some foreign varieties I'm sure it would be you homie! So are asian indica variety huh?

GreenPunk- Thanks for the info. So looks like it could be local still to us here in CO if findable. I take youve had/have the cut or smoked it? Whats kind of representation we looking for in the real deal floating? Assuming its like Sky Highs descrip and not the lemon one eh?

True Grit: No the original always had more "dank" taste than lemony for sure. A hint of lemon perhaps bit always overpowered by a prominent dank smell/taste that extended from the back of the nostrils along to the roof of the mouth, a taste that would linger there and come forth even at the last bowlhit. There was a super stanky al that we lost early on. It's good to see that the name held, in honor of albert walker. He did bring this strain to us and I'm glad it still sports his name. Culture lives on, indeed.

E

ESK

I have some afpak seeds that I found on some buds back in 07. The dudes at the dispensary I use to work at use to get all there gear from up north.. gonna try and pop them to see if I find anything that even resembles bubba..

Aligee

Aligee

I have some afpak seeds that I found on some buds back in 07. The dudes at the dispensary I use to work at use to get all there gear from up north.. gonna try and pop them to see if I find anything that even resembles bubba..

Sounds interesting !!!

B

Beasters X Haze

Ive got a verified LA affy cut and a verified pre 98 bubba mom at the exact same age right next to each other, and they were almost identical at a very young age, but as they grew up you could tell that the bubba has got a lil something in it. Maybe 20% more stretchy ( in veg). The LA affy is by far the shortest most indica thing I've ever grown

J

jetcat

Ive got a verified LA affy cut and a verified pre 98 bubba mom at the exact same age right next to each other, and they were almost identical at a very young age, but as they grew up you could tell that the bubba has got a lil something in it. Maybe 20% more stretchy ( in veg). The LA affy is by far the shortest most indica thing I've ever grown

does HP 13 have any relation to these?

Top Bottom