HLH BUCKETS

• Thread starter BNB420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BNB420

BNB420

Finally decided after many years deliberating to try my hand at growing.In spite of my location ( no grow shops ) I decided to jump in at the deep end and go with a homemade UC system. After numerous trips to the DIY store and many hours badgering my good friend and UC veteran Mr Asma, a system took over my spare room.
It comprises 8 x 10 gal buckets, hailea chiller and air pumps and 3 x400 hps.

Dinachem and G13-Haze.

Will try to post a few pics now and if there is interest will post some more.

They are 2 weeks into 12/12 and have just been changed from Canna Vega to Canna Flores at 1/2 strength. Any advice on increasing to full strehgth welcome.

The first 2 pics are at 1 month old a day before being switched to 12/12. The 3rd and 4th pics are taken 1 week later.
Hlh buckets
Hlh buckets 2
Hlh buckets 3
Hlh buckets 4
Hlh buckets
Hlh buckets 2
Hlh buckets 3
Hlh buckets 4

Last edited:
Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Looks like a nice and clean DIY system you got going on there !! The ladies look nice and healthy too, good luck on the grow...!!

BNB420

BNB420

Finally decided after many years deliberating to try my hand at growing.In spite of my location ( no grow shops ) I decided to jump in at the deep end and go with a homemade UC system. After numerous trips to the DIY store and many hours badgering my good friend and UC veteran Mr Asma, a system took over my spare room.
It comprises 8 x 10 gal buckets, hailea chiller and air pumps and 3 x400 hps.

Dinachem and G13-Haze.

Will try to post a few pics now and if there is interest will post some more.

They are 2 weeks into 12/12 and have just been changed from Canna Vega to Canna Flores at 1/2 strength.

The first 2 pics are at 1 month old a day before being switched to 12/12. The 3rd and 4th pics are taken 1 week later.
View attachment 353964 View attachment 353970 View attachment 353972 View attachment 353973 View attachment 353964 View attachment 353970 View attachment 353972 View attachment 353973
Looks like a nice and clean DIY system you got going on there !! The ladies look nice and healthy too, good luck on the grow...!!
Thanks.Much appreciated.

BNB420

BNB420

Sorry once again for dupe pics.Haven't quite got the hang of this yet!

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Im diggin this journal BNB420, nice amount of pics so far. keep up the werk!

this your first run with this diy UC system?

BNB420

BNB420

Thanks Theoneandonly Z.

This is my first run EVER with ANYTHING!

Have been a bystander for some years watching various people have results and decided to dip my toe in the water.Wouldn't have got to this stage without the help of my good friend Asma. Respect to him.

Tank333

Tank333

Looks like you've done your due dilligence and researched things pretty well before starting. Love to see nice grows like this run by new growers! Looks awesome, BNB420!

BNB420

BNB420

Thanks Tank333. May have taken a little longer than neccessary to jump in but right now i'm glad i did! Is that butane goo on your profile pic by any chance?

Tank333

Tank333

Yup! That's what I got from the trim off my first harvest ever. Well, the half of it I got to keep. Back then, I didn't have the knowledge to make my own, so I had someone else who does it for a living do it. He took half, and I got 15.8 grams for my half!

And don't think just because you waited to jump in you waited longer than you needed. You gotta wait until you're ready. I studied and read and asked questions for almost three years before I popped my first seed. But then once I did, it was SO worth it. My first harvest paid for all my equipment twice over! Almost three pounds from 24 plants under 3 kw. I also didn't do soil for my first run; I bought a Titan Flo-n-Gro, and just fucking killed with it!

I'm gonna be doing either an MPB or UC style (DIY) for my next system. Not sure which, but it'll probably be a hybrid of the two... lol

BNB420

BNB420

Yup! That's what I got from the trim off my first harvest ever. Well, the half of it I got to keep. Back then, I didn't have the knowledge to make my own, so I had someone else who does it for a living do it. He took half, and I got 15.8 grams for my half!

And don't think just because you waited to jump in you waited longer than you needed. You gotta wait until you're ready. I studied and read and asked questions for almost three years before I popped my first seed. But then once I did, it was SO worth it. My first harvest paid for all my equipment twice over! Almost three pounds from 24 plants under 3 kw. I also didn't do soil for my first run; I bought a Titan Flo-n-Gro, and just fucking killed with it!

I'm gonna be doing either an MPB or UC style (DIY) for my next system. Not sure which, but it'll probably be a hybrid of the two... lol
Looks fantastic! Nice job. I have a similar situation with this grow. Had big help setting this up from a friend who has been having great results with DIY system. Am also SO glad i finally made the move. Good luck with the new system.The growth rate in the UC is incredible!!

Tank333

Tank333

Yea, I've heard the UC is pretty awesome for growth. I'm looking forward to see how well it stacks up against my flood and drain style system. I'm pretty sure it'll blow it away, but by how much? I think a side-by-side may be in order for that! :D

BNB420

BNB420

Side by side sounds good. Would be interesting to know the results. Stem to stem 18 inches.Would have liked more but room dimensions would not allow.

BNB420

BNB420

3 x 3.5 x 2.5 . Only using half of it though.The current a/c is working hard so if i want more plants i need new a/c i think.

Tank333

Tank333

Man, I'm so jealous! I'm just about to move my tiny little girls into their new room. 2kw to veg for two weeks, then flip to 12/12 with 4kw over them all. I'm about a month or so behind ya...

Top Bottom