Holes In Leaves

• Thread starter BCSparky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BCSparky

Hey guys. I posted here a couple weeks ago about a drooping, stalled plant. Got it fixed, but now I'm having another problem. I got these holes appearing in leaves. I took a magnifying glass to it and I can't see any insects on the leaves. I've been pretty careful not to allow water droplets to stay on the leaves while the light is on. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about what could cause it.

Holes in leaves
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
More info is important on a new post. Especially when your asking a new question from an old post. So, tell us what you got.

B

BCSparky

Alright, I'll have to take some more pics when I get home. The hole is that little tear at the edge. There are some others on other leaves. Around the hole is a slight border of yellow and there is some other yellow streaks on other leaves w/o holes.

Basically I'm doing an organic tent grow. Been feeding fish fertilizer and compost tea. LED lights at more than 2 feet above the plant, so I don't think its light burn. I'm beginning to suspect it is wind burn. I'll get some better pics up later on.

xeamonk

xeamonk

probably was a small necrotic spot when it was tiny, ive seen this before and I never know what to think either except maybe like I said, some minor damage you didnt see until it was grown out

MissBotany

MissBotany

I had a few small tears like that on some leaves too. Some were from water and light burning a hole others I probably just slightly damaged the leaf from poking around too much and as it grew the tear got more noticeable.

B

BCSparky

Alright. I got some new pics here. The plant has been doing a lot better lately than when I first started, so I think some of the holes are actually healing up. I'm pretty much just assuming it was wind burn at this point, and hoping no new ones appear.

20180406 165922
20180406 165933
20180406 165939
20180406 165950
20180406 165958
Monster762

Monster762

Alright. I got some new pics here. The plant has been doing a lot better lately than when I first started, so I think some of the holes are actually healing up. I'm pretty much just assuming it was wind burn at this point, and hoping no new ones appear.
More of a tear not hole but the last pic with the little bubbles in the leaves would have me checking over everything real good just to be sure there’s no bugs

B

BCSparky

Yeah I was concerned about those bumps too. I'll keep an eye on them.

Some of the new growth is showing new yellow streaks. It seems to be related, but I'm not sure. Those yellow streaks have been appearing since the plant was a seedling.

20180407 112420
Monster762

Monster762

Yeah I was concerned about those bumps too. I'll keep an eye on them.

Some of the new growth is showing new yellow streaks. It seems to be related, but I'm not sure. Those yellow streaks have been appearing since the plant was a seedling.
You’re sure nothing dripped or splashed on there? Even a mist might pick a spot to discolor like that under light.

B

BCSparky

I've been pretty careful, but it's still a possibility. I don't think there was any water on that newer leaf, so it's making me wonder.

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

More of a tear not hole but the last pic with the little bubbles in the leaves would have me checking over everything real good just to be sure there’s no bugs

Bubbles like these? What is this...

And I have holes on one new growth site, but not the other 50 in my tent...anybody know what these are?

Monster762

Monster762

Bubbles like these? What is this...
View attachment 800072

And I have holes on one new growth site, but not the other 50 in my tent...anybody know what these are? View attachment 800073
Those bubbles close to the stems like that say bugs. Do you have a scope? Check undersides good. Other things can bubble too but those tiny bubbles right next to the veins I’d say are from bugs. They hang near the stems n veins.

xeamonk

xeamonk

just looks like random scrapes or scuffs from handling them. ive seen leaves have damage on my plants and not known why until i caught myself scrape a plant on a metal hood or reflector. one pic in particular looks just like a leaf on a plant i had i must have snagged it on something when i had them all out of tent and cleaning the catch tray. a whole piece of the leaf was gone split off from the center vein.

so could just be wear and tear but id get a good scope and GO OVER the plant. especially underside of fans and between veins, those bubbles look kind of suspicious. early diagnosis is key so just in case

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

just looks like random scrapes or scuffs from handling them. ive seen leaves have damage on my plants and not known why until i caught myself scrape a plant on a metal hood or reflector. one pic in particular looks just like a leaf on a plant i had i must have snagged it on something when i had them all out of tent and cleaning the catch tray. a whole piece of the leaf was gone split off from the center vein.

so could just be wear and tear but id get a good scope and GO OVER the plant. especially underside of fans and between veins, those bubbles look kind of suspicious. early diagnosis is key so just in case

I water them by hand so I’m moving them and scraping them daily. I’m thinking about hitting them with neem but I’m already like 10 days into flower and I’m kinda resisting the urge because idw my bud to taste like neem oil....?? Im going over all the plants constantly and I haven’t seen anything but I need a scope.

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

Those bubbles close to the stems like that say bugs. Do you have a scope? Check undersides good. Other things can bubble too but those tiny bubbles right next to the veins I’d say are from bugs. They hang near the stems n veins.

I don’t have a scope...I should.

G

ganjamanuk

how did you get on with this pal?

I've got exactly the same thing but can't find an answer anywhere!

I have a pretty small set up.

.75m x .75m x 2.00m
4 plants in coco fed off a wilma dripper system running 2 15 minute spells
2 white widows IBL, 1 Dutch Kush and 1 Critical Royal Seeds, all from seed
Under a Viparspectra 600w LED (270watt draw), light is about 70cm from the top of the plants
using hydrotops bioponic food
had them in soil first and only water feeding until i put them into their coco smart pots

I've started to mainline the plants. just done the first stage on the last of the 4 plants. i didn't know what the big deal was about new growers not trying this technique, well not until i had an accident with one of the ladies :(

ill post pics shortly as I've only just this minute signed up to the forum

Latest posts

Top Bottom