Horror Story: My Experience With The Strainbank's Clones

• Thread starter vccalimed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vccalimed

Horror story: My experience with “The Strainbank,”

I am compelled to share the story of my experience with this scam artist to try and prevent anyone else from having to go through this. This organization is reprehensible.

I put in a very large order of clones, as I have a California legal medicinal grow corp. I ordered 320 clones of various strains from these people to be picked up in 2 weeks. Here’s where the fun starts.

The delivery person told us to meet him in a parking lot (okay?). An hour later than the scheduled meeting time, he finally shows up. At that point he chose to tell me that he was 20 short on the original Sour Diesel I ordered. Alright….I thought, I guess it can’t be helped at this point. It would have been nice to know that ahead of time. I pay this person, and he insists that we owe him $100 more than had been originally calculated due to the shortage. Being the overly trusting individual I am, I gave him the extra $100. I did the math again in my head on the way home, and realized that I did indeed over pay him by $100. I texted him this, and he said that I was correct and would “take care of it on the next order.” Just wait, it gets a lot better.

I had 28 males. Yes, 28 males. 10% of my crop was male. Not hermies, MALES. I informed him every time I found a male, to which he replied he was shocked and that he doesn’t have males. Well, fella….you certainly do and I have the pictures to prove it. He said he would “replace them on the next order.” I politely explained that I did not want any more clones from him, seeing as how his quality control is extraordinarily poor and his males likely have seeded my entire crop. I asked for my money back. It was at this point that he just stopped returning any texts at all. Not only is he not compensating me for the males at this point, he isn’t returning my extra $100.

There’s more.

8 of the 20 Sour Ds I got were autoflower. I didn’t ask for autoflower, I didn’t want autoflower, and he never told me they were autoflower.

I feel somewhat foolish at this point for not digging deeper into the reputation of these people before ordering, as all the Google reviews (which I’m now guessing are fabricated) were all very positive.

Please DO NOT order from this guy. He will cost you thousands of dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

What an arse hole.you gave him two weeks notice and he couldn't even get you proper fuckin female clones.tit.if I could sell clones I'd atleast make sure they were fuckin female.a perfect example of people just in it for the cash.
I hope your shit turns out ok under the circumstances

SpiderK

SpiderK

how did u get auto clones???

off an auto flowering mother. or your lighting is messed up / times.

this clone trader may have more than one mom. and clones perform different than seed regarding hybrid vigor, flowering times and who knows what light cycle they ( mom's ) are under or stress levels they are under.so it's a crap shoot'. would be better off doing a massive seed run from stable genetics and pull males or make sure veg times with clones are perfect when transitioning onto the new location they will be grown in. the fact he's meeting this guy in a random parking lot tells me its not a huge clone trader with rep'.....

who know's what the guy sold him, your putting stuff in your garden planning for return and in the end it's built off trust with some guy in a parking lot ????????

not smart ....

what is the daylight hours they are grown under ??? many, many things can go wrong regarding timing if you do not have every single thing under control. so many stress points could cause a hermie issue ..... even the guys running light dep have issues because they are not considering stress points .... light competition ect ..... outdoor day / night timeframes, what spectrum of light is being used ( early a.m. or noon start point ) and what is being cut off in a light dep' ..... ect, ect ...

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

Strain Bank Los Angeles Authenticity????
Discussion in 'California' started by shavits, May 6, 2014.

blackice
New Farmer

Jun 8, 2014
SCAM ALERT: STRAINBANK / EMARIJUANACLONES :SCAM ALERT

DO NOT BUY CLONES FROM THIS GUY!

He has been scamming clone buyers since 2009, he just uses different names. Don't take my word for it, copy and paste the links below to see how you can be scammed by this guy! He has become quite famous in all of the grow forums, not as a good grower, but as the guy in SD that will take your money and give you crappy clones that are pretty much any strain he happens to have on the shelf.

Do your research before you spend your hard earned money!!

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/strain-bank-los-angeles-authenticity.63447/

++++++++++++++++++

Nice posting @blackice very informative! Just to solidify these findings, my buddies plants have all hermied and do not resemble what they are actually supposed to be! total rip off!

+++++++++++++++++

I ordered some clones from Strain Bank in Los Angeles on behalf of my collective's patients that were advertised as Charlotte's Web, a CBD rich strain known to relieve epilepsy. This is not at all what we are in fact growing, as documented by multiple plant leaf tests by The Werc Shop, a well-respected lab in Los Angeles. I also subsequently verified there is only one licensed cultivator to grow this proprietary strain in all of California, and it is not the Strain Bank.

Strain Bank is being managed by unprofessionals/fraudsters that advertise "verified" and "authentic" genetically-tested strains but don't seem to actually have any useful tests to show people upon request. They are complete frauds.

I'd like to bring this fraudulent practice to the attention of other would-be seekers of specific strains: get your plants tested by a reputable company before investing too much time growing them out. You can test the leaves in vegetative state to get an idea of the ratio of cannabinoids that will be present in the flowers.

SpiderK

SpiderK

And nobody has set up a larger buy with him after scamming ........ payed him AGAIN ..........( or his go between )

then followed him back home yet ? ............ if a scammer ran around chicago scamming at some point he would get " set up " then figure things out'

SpiderK

SpiderK

you can grow a seed, clone it then flower it out. if you keep the clone and it becomes an auto flowering plant, your clone you kept becomes a auto flowering mom if you keep it in veg. it might not auto flower on 24hrs of light ....... or maybe it auto flowers under stress like i pointed out before, not sure ...

well some strains auto flower. ( some phenols will turn flower ) not because of light change but because they auto ....

i had a goji og plant that auto flowered 5 years ago. then started re - vegging..... if a plant starts doing this its better just tossing them. if you see runts or slow growing plants not performing better off just tossing them and keeping the strong, good looking plants. and a few chocolate trip re veg'd on me before and this was from seed run's when 50-70 seeds all getting treated the same from day one. and maybe 5-6 plants freak out .....

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

it's an annual plant ..........

so even a clone only plant really when you think about it is under stress if your keeping it in veg ect moving forward. duding plants, virus issues, hermies all can come from this zero point.

so when you really think this concept forward cloning drops flowering times and 25% of the plants vigor is gone. kinda makes my point as these transformation's take place across all strains and IMO its more about stress than calling plants grown from seed " hybrid vigor ". and most clones degrade' if not kept in perfect conditions w/ soil and ecosystem.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

it can auto at 16 hours or 15 outdoor .......... maybe not 24 or 18 indoors.....

again i had one auto goji og and the other 11 seeds non-auto ..... so the auto gene sits in that line some how. as it does other strains.

maybe a strain will auto flower at 16 hrs but not 18 hours ....not sure what triggers it. but have seen it happen in many strains before.

SpiderK

SpiderK

how does Mephisto Genetics keep breeding / auto plants around ? he only breeds auto flowering strains ?

SpiderK

SpiderK

i agree 100% but maybe one seed / genetic only had 35% auto in it and something comes forward from the past. researching this topic, someone said dr. greenthumbs iranian AUTO will not auto under 24hrs.

maybe the mom had a little bit of this inside it and a little stress pushes it over the edge ..... so maybe the better term should be semi-auto plant. but look at fem seeds or s1's. sometimes a male pops up ..... so the freak 20%ers show all kind of weird issues.

i'd say 20% of all seeds are garbage when first started ( runts ect .... ). so if someone keeps some garbage then starts selling clones ripping people off well this is what you get.

heck, he could have these mom's in a dumpster if people just keep calling looking for help. kinda lazy if you can grow 300 plants but can't find your own keeper mom's and control your business from day one. this is like owning a bar and letting a meth junkie run the register and you leave before happy hour super bowl weekend'

Last edited:
V

vccalimed

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

A couple of clarifications:
Everything was started indoor to ensure it was well rooted/hardy, and was then moved outdoor (green houses). Every strain has had the exact same light times. The Sour d wasn't all autoflower, just about half was. Evidently one of the mothers used was an autoflower, and so not all of them came from the same mother. Since he was short on the Sour D I ordered anyway, I can only assume he took clones off of an autoflower mother without notifying or asking me if it was OK. All of the other plants are behaving normally.

Typically I would have my own mothers. I was in this situation because am new to the area, and was behind already (very long story). I've never had anything like this happen when buying clones before. My partner has been growing 20 years and has never even heard of anything like getting 10% males. Regardless, I'm not saying that I shouldn't have vetted this person better. I really just want to help prevent other people from getting scammed by this guy.

Z

Zatoichi

It is absolutely revolting that low lifes ripping off people selling fake/infected/infested/not shipping clones. It is rampant. Now I fully investigate and can not find any reasonably priced legitimate sellers of something worth buying. Then there are the ones that are seed chuckers thinking people should pay $1K for 3 snips, too lazy and cheap to spend 25 cents on rockwool and let sit 2 weeks till rooted. Can check mothers for hlvd and mold for $40. I would be happy to get $100 for a little of my time and provide guaranteed clones. No experience because out of my price range, but pigtail gardens now says if clones die after initial sale, will replace with next order.

Latest posts

Top Bottom