Hot Shot No Pest Strip

• Thread starter Highkev
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Highkev

has anyone used these? I have spider mites and was going to fog bomb, spray with 86 nights and mold for a week or two and hang hot shot no pest strips. I’m in week two of flowering. Any one have any thoughts or input? Am I doing the right thing to get rid of them?

H

Highkev

Dam for some reason I can’t post photo and my thread pops up in weird places rather the new list lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Depending on how bad they are, you could get ladybugs to keep them at bay and hang strips. Or if you have an infestation I’d do the following:

Remove your plants then bomb the sealed off grow space, then clean the shit out of that grow space.

Hit the plants with safer soap. Top and bottom of leaves.

Put some Diatomaceous Earth on the top 1” of the soil.

Repeat the safer soap spray everyday for a week.

Hang some strips.

That would be less invasive and more natural way of dealing with them.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Safer soap is a handy tool to have in your arsenal. @Jack og turned me on to it a while back. It’s much safer than most insecticides and actually has a pleasant smell. But take care of them now before they get out of control or you get too far into flowering.

DE is cheap for a large bag just be sure to wear a mask when using it as the dust can cause lung irritation and prolonged and repeated exposure to it could cause problems.

H

Highkev

Safer soap is a handy tool to have in your arsenal. @Jack og turned me on to it a while back. It’s much safer than most insecticides and actually has a pleasant smell. But take care of them now before they get out of control or you get too far into flowering.

DE is cheap for a large bag just be sure to wear a mask when using it as the dust can cause lung irritation and prolonged and repeated exposure to it could cause problems.

Madmax

Madmax

I dont think the de will b effective if the soil is kept moist.as it works better when its dry JWM2...great for outdoors though..

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I dont think the de will b effective if the soil is kept moist.as it works better when its dry JWM2...great for outdoors though..

Correct you want to apply when the top of the soil is dry between waterings. So it depends on how often you need to water them. I like to mix it into my store bought soils so it kills off the nasties before I use the soil. But it can also be used while growing as well if done correctly.

Madmax

Madmax

I like that idea bud..i got some worm castings early on in the yr and had some activity in it
Will apply some throughout it and every bag i get after this yrs run....shes good stuff

H

Highkev

So yesterday i was crunched for time so I used 2 hot shot smoke bombs. Gave quick spray with 86 mites and mold (not as good of a spray under the leaves as I would of liked due to time restriction) then opened 6 packs of hot shot pest strips and hung them in between plants throughout the room. I can’t take any chances with these fuckers I got to much riding on this one. After I use up this 86 mite and mold I’m picking up some safer soap and will go that route for future problems. I still need to get some de from grow shop I’ll add that too. What do you guys suggest I do next hit em with more 86 today or wait till tomorrow? Suggestions ? It’s a 20*25 foot room approximately 8-9 foot ceilings

3 balls

3 balls

So yesterday i was crunched for time so I used 2 hot shot smoke bombs. Gave quick spray with 86 mites and mold (not as good of a spray under the leaves as I would of liked due to time restriction) then opened 6 packs of hot shot pest strips and hung them in between plants throughout the room. I can’t take any chances with these fuckers I got to much riding on this one. After I use up this 86 mite and mold I’m picking up some safer soap and will go that route for future problems. I still need to get some de from grow shop I’ll add that too. What do you guys suggest I do next hit em with more 86 today or wait till tomorrow? Suggestions ? It’s a 20*25 foot room approximately 8-9 foot ceilings
Are you saying you fogged your plants with hot shot foggers?

chemistry

chemistry

has anyone used these? I have spider mites and was going to fog bomb, spray with 86 nights and mold for a week or two and hang hot shot no pest strips. I’m in week two of flowering. Any one have any thoughts or input? Am I doing the right thing to get rid of them?

You couldn't have chosen a worst time for a battle with mites. I would take the plants out of flower and get them revegged while you war with the mites. I found that my plants hermed with all the crap I through at them, so defeated the reason to try and save them. And as the plants get bigger the mites have more room to breed, and you have less space to kill them in due to all the hiding places. I fuckin hate mites, and enjoy murdering them in their millions, with a seditious passion.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Not so much, that stuff is toxic. Using 86 as directed would do the trick. I prefer Azamax but there's Green Cleaner, Nuke em and a few more that aren't straight up poison.
Yes lol is that the right thing to do?
Ya bro, you might want to look at the MSDS for whatever you sprayed on your plants. Don’t think that was a good idea with plants in there.

Top Bottom