Hot Shot No Pest Strip

• Thread starter Highkev
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Very much a newbie, so have no experience on the growing aspect. The insect and biology part is a different matter. Just to throw in my two cents about biological control:

You can go to nurseries and buy ladybugs in large quantities. During the cold and winter months, ladybugs hibernate and huddle in masses. As soon as warm weather hits, their biological urge is to fuck off and disperse. They are collected during this cold period, what happens normally in joe blows regular garden. Joe blow buys 2000 ladybugs from a nursery, disperses them in his garden, and maybe has 3 or 4 that stick around. How that would translate to an indoor operation? Not sure. Grabbing the occasional ladybug when it’s warm out and releasing into a grow, could be a preventative measure. To sustain a population of ladybugs would mean a constant food source, ie a population of aphids. Just a thought anyway

H

Highkev

Spider mites seem to be in check hopefully the fog smoke (hot shot can) didn’t ruin the taste. Thanks for everyone’s help

hillbil

hillbil

I wouldn’t want any bud that was exposed to that toxic stuff and with so many strips used also.

S

SnowshoeJoe

HighKev you might not taste anything but you have coated your cannabis in poison. You mentioned earlier you had a lot riding on this and I hope you are planning to sell it on the open market. Read-a-thon organic measures for controlling pests

Fangthane

Fangthane

Regarding those no-pest strips: They were once fairly commonly used to fight mites in captive reptile enclosures, until it turned out that one of the main ingredients caused neurological issues--sometimes death--to the reptiles. If you're sure to avoid ever having the plants come into physical contact with the strips, you may be safe with using ONE in a tent. Personally, I wouldn't use any of them, but definitely not 6 in an enclosed area.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

HighKev you might not taste anything but you have coated your cannabis in poison. You mentioned earlier you had a lot riding on this and I hope you are planning to sell it on the open market. Read-a-thon organic measures for controlling pests
It looks like the active ingredient in the fogger is pyrethrins, which degrade quite quickly. And, by the way, they are organic. Deadly toxic, but quite organic.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The pest strips might be useful for short term treatments, but I wouldn't go too crazy with them as they can accumulate over time. I've used pyrethrin/flea bombs and had moderate success with them, although it requires repeated applications. I've hit them with both Pyrethrin and Dr Jacks dead bug or a similar concoction, and still saw the little tiny bastards here and there. They are much fewer, but still surviving. FWIW, the plants are way too big to spray or wash off in a garbage can.

hillbil

hillbil

The pest strips might be useful for short term treatments, but I wouldn't go too crazy with them as they can accumulate over time. I've used pyrethrin/flea bombs and had moderate success with them, although it requires repeated applications. I've hit them with both Pyrethrin and Dr Jacks dead bug or a similar concoction, and still saw the little tiny bastards here and there. They are much fewer, but still surviving. FWIW, the plants are way too big to spray or wash off in a garbage can.
Persistent use of Neem oil watered in and Diatomaceous Earth on soil surface and stem and grow area but mites are tough. All out approach on several fronts is required.

Top Bottom