How About A "flea Market" Section?

• Thread starter Fangthane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fangthane

Fangthane

Considering that most of the advanced growers on here quite likely have retired lighting and other items laying around that would still be a huge step up for some of us broke-ass noobs who can't afford the latest and greatest shit, a Member-to-Member Flea Market section may not be a bad idea. One man's trash is another's treasure, and all that.

I'd think a simple disclaimer to the effect of, "THCFARMER.COM accepts no responsibility for items bought/sold in this section" should probably cover the Admins' asses well enough to allow some open commerce between site members.

Last edited:
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I thought about this too.a wee second hand equipment for sale section.i think it would be a great idea.as fangthane said just post up a disclaimer for the site saying it's at members own risk to buy, sell or trade equipment .I know plenty of growers who buy certain bits of good quality equipment but for whatever reason it's no use to em and it just sits there idle gathering dust.
As I say I think it a good idea.

Fangthane

Fangthane

It’s a good idea but would definitely turn into a shit show and cause a lot of drama here on The Farm. IMO
I suppose there's always that potential to some degree, but it wouldn't really need to have a direct impact on "The Farm" itself as a site. As with some large reptile sites I've belonged to, those in charge made it clear that, should there be a problem with a transaction, it wouldn't be the site's problem since Caveat Emptor would be clearly be way it's run. Zero ultimate liability for THCFarmer, and let PayPal's buyer protection help cover any douchebaggery unscrupulous sellers may try. It would be giving the membership something that, at least some of us, would actively like and find very useful. If nothing else, a trial run seems worth it.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Rule #7
  1. Threads or posts pertaining to the buying/selling/trading/swapping/testing/giving of seeds, clones, pollen, cannabis, hash, or any other substance or article is not permitted in open forum by members and will be deleted. Threads or posts pertaining to the 'recreational use' of narcotic substances is not permitted in open forum by members and will be deleted. Threads or posts soliciting any of the aforementioned shall be deleted and the posting member will be banned from the site. Wish lists of varieties placed in posts, threads, or the members signature line area will be deleted by admin as doing so is deemed an attempt to circumvent site policy regarding solicitations.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It’s a good idea but it might be seen as a conflict of interest for the site sponsors and advertisers.

I’m all for it personally I’m just speaking based on experience with the site.

We already have issues with spammers here on a regular basis shilling their warez. And the mods have done a good job of keeping the board clean.

I do think we could use a few more mods though as I’m sure the workload is overwhelming and the current staff could get burned out sooner rather than later.

But that’s my opinion.

There’s no harm in asking though so don’t take the feedback as criticism, it’s just others letting you know how it works around here. I do like the idea but I have a feeling it would go over like a lead ballon with the owner.

Fangthane

Fangthane

Considering the reactions to anyone wanting rid of the annoying chat button, I suppose I should have known that putting forth any possible changes would be a laughable idea. Something useful that a decent amount of people may like - gotta reject it.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Considering the reactions to anyone wanting rid of the annoying chat button, I suppose I should have known that putting forth any possible changes would be a laughable idea. Something useful that a decent amount of people may like - gotta reject it.
THCFARMER not THCcraigslist!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

Don’t take it personal. It’s just business. No harm in making the suggestion tho and it’s good you brought it up. Ya never know.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I like the idea but I think the only way it would even have any value to the owner of the site, is if he got a small % of every transaction. Otherwise it probably doesn't make much business sense for him.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
You guys stop day dreaming, take your crap to the Facebook market place. You can sell your pest infested mothers there too.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Why the negativity? He asked a question and got some answers.

No need to pile on and throw fuel on the fire. Chill out and have a smoke.

Let’s keep it light in here.
Wasn’t trying to be negative, I’m just telling you the truth. If you want to imagine with hopes and dreams go head.
And the pest infested mothers part came from the photo I posted in the veg canopy thread. MAtbe not everyone caught onto that. My bad.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
:smoking:
Ya know we could use a chat room though. I know @logic said he had one at one time and it never got used but that was before I was here, haha. Just sayin ;-)
Gonna have to buzz you out again! :D I’m pretty sure the chat didn’t work out because it became “drama” and spewed out into the forums. It’s hard to always have someone monitoring the chat room.:smoking:

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah but things have changed. A lot of those abrasive personalities are gone. I used to hang out on true stoners 420 java chat back in the day with quite a few cannabis world and overgrow members and we had a blast. We’d have drama spill over to the chat room from the boards but never the other way around. Even something unofficial and separate from here might be fun. There’s plenty of free chat clients available.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I suppose there's always that potential to some degree, but it wouldn't really need to have a direct impact on "The Farm" itself as a site. As with some large reptile sites I've belonged to, those in charge made it clear that, should there be a problem with a transaction, it wouldn't be the site's problem since Caveat Emptor would be clearly be way it's run. Zero ultimate liability for THCFarmer, and let PayPal's buyer protection help cover any douchebaggery unscrupulous sellers may try. It would be giving the membership something that, at least some of us, would actively like and find very useful. If nothing else, a trial run seems worth it.
Use apps like letgo or OfferUp to sell retired items, I know I have sold and bought some gems from those sites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom