How Are The Viparspectra Led Lights?

• Thread starter BDGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BDGrows

BDGrows

Well as the title suggest, I was wondering the reviews on the VIPARSPECTRA LED lights and if they are worth purchasing for a closet grow. As it is, HPS runs way to hot for the climate I live in, so I am wanting to lower energy cost and drop heat; and the easiest way I've heard is to get a LED light system. So, what I was thinking, if they are worthy of course, was purchasing either one 600w series or two 300w series. My area is a 4'x2'x5'8" area, so would those two ideas be overkill, or good? Thanks for the help.

- BD

blu3kush

blu3kush

I've. Ever used them but I seen something awhile ago saying they were cheap I'll see if I can find that thread later. I've been using the Apollo horticulture ones they work fine but not the best

pajautus

pajautus

Been using the 300 for a couple grows. OK lights, nothing special. IMO lacks in the far red spectrum.
Just took it out of my tent to test some COBs for the next round. Maybe I keep it, we'll see..

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You should try a 315 lec light, they run cooler than hps with similar results, Im about to switch out my led for one.

T

Trewalker

I get very slow groth in vegi and slower flowing in the 70s with LED's. YMMV

PS I dont monitor temps at ground level either.

W

W8lifts

Hi, I measure at the canopy , the sensor is clipped to the bar between the light, so mid to high 7os I guess toward the bottom

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Hi, I measure at the canopy , the sensor is clipped to the bar between the light, so mid to high 7os I guess toward the bottom
Ok, that makes more sense that your heat sensor is between you lights and is reading 82. That means you room temp is prob mid seventies.

U

UnboundGrow

Here are the actual lights. Any questions let me know.
Looking at buying one of the 450's for my 2.5'x2.5' tent. How has growing been with them and how many grows do you have under them?

W

W8lifts

Looking at buying one of the 450's for my 2.5'x2.5' tent. How has growing been with them and how many grows do you have under them?
they are fine, I have 4 harvest under them. Personally I would get the 600 Watt version not the 450 for your space but that is just my opinion only. stay clear of there 300 watt version, shit is weak and I returned it

Eyegethi420

Eyegethi420

Hey farmers I was wondering which led would be best for my 2x2x3 grow tent out of these two...my budget is only 130 so I've narrowed it down to these two? Any input is greatly appreciated

71aChngqm5L._AA160_.jpg

MEIZHI Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for In...
  • $125.9
71sYUE7AGJL._AA160_.jpg

Lightimetunnel 400w Hydroponics LED Grow Light Full Spectrum COB...
  • $98.99

visajoe1

visajoe1

I vote for the lightimetunnel/roleadro cob lights. Then, buy better 36v cobs and switch them out. You'll have a top quality cob light in a case with daisy chain abilities for $125-170 depending on the cobs you pick. You can also mix spectrum's if you want.

Vipar is good for veg, but for the same amount you could make a better cob veg light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom