How can i clone without the clone gel?

• Thread starter Goatmasterson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Goatmasterson

and is this possible.also will it hurt the plant to be cloned 2 weeks into flower

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
its prob not the best idea to take a clone now but if its sat dom or pure sat it shouldnt affect it much ,only do this if this is your only oppoprtunity to clone this stock or you recognize a special plant

clone powder also ive used honey succesfully not sure but i believe it has somthin too do wit the nutrients,same process just used a light coating of honey on the scrapped portion of the clone ,if youve had no problems cloning in the past im sure this method will work

best of luck let me kno how it works out

X

Xceptional

weed is a weed it's good at surviving if your methods worked with gel i bet they will work without.

I've taken cuts in flower further then that they just took a loooong time to revert. now that she is reverted cuts pop in 7 days (a year later) but the cuts that came off the flowering plant took over a month.

420king-MASSES

if you dont have rooting hormone put it in a keg kup of dirt/soiless throw a dome over it and as long as there healthy they will root with-in 7-21 days yes you can take clones from a plant 2 weeks in flower mode but your gonna have to veg them out an extra 3-4 weeks just to make sure theres ample vegetative growth also on a side note willow wood will act as rooting hormone if you want to know how to do it pm me

B

Blackthumb

Cloning without any hormones, will root faster.
Two weeks into flower will work as well.

Both of these methods can be found in searching various forums.
Icmag has a a thread where someone did 2 or 3 different cloning hormones and also a control group that got nothing at all , the control group was the first to show roots.

2 weeks flower cloning, a lot of growers do this to do a perpetual 7- 8 week system so they dont have to keep mothers or extra numbers around.

Good luck

G

Goatmasterson

Thanks everyone ! i just really want to have this bitch aroud for a wile its the fastest growing female i ever seen.not that im an expert.best of luck to all of u not that youll need it!:smiley_joint:

waayne

waayne

I never use cloning gel.
I did a little comparison between Rootech and Olivias the control group that just got cut then stuck in rockwool cubes rooted the fastest
Gotta hurry tho if you're not using gel,once you cut a clone you have 2 seconds or less to get it stuck or problems with embolisms can occur.

B

bob.fn.seger

These are clones that i took (without any cloning gel or powder or anything like that) off of 3 dif plants that were 2 weeks into flower and already had buds developing. They took a little longer than 3 weeks to root but they are doin good now. the taller one in the forefront of the second pics is not a clone. believe it or not ( and i could not when i first saw it) but that one was a seedling in a peat puck that i chunked out in the bushes. then 2 weeks later found it still growing. so i brought it inside put it in some soil and off SHE went.

IMG 0016
IMG 0017
2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

u can always use a botanacare daisy cloner. All that is required is plant material and water.

2b2s

F

farmerjohn

We covered this in another thread a few weeks back. Your best bet is do what you always do, (if it has been working for you, that is) minus the rooting hormones.

I am not surprised that controlled experiments show plain water rooting is as good as, or even better than hormone rooting.

It has been my experience, that there is little difference in results. (either time involved or % of surviving cuttings) I still pull out the Olivia's most times though, because I'm not convinced that the rooting hormones don't help build stronger roots after the initial growth period. Personally, I think they do, since I have seen a few water rooted cuttings give up the ghost after put under full lighting. I don't see that happening with cuttings rooted with Olivia's cloning gel.:party0042:

J

johard59

Not to mention naturally grown can taste better, possibly higher quality

MeJuana

MeJuana

Cloning gel is to prevent air bubbles from causing problems, some growers actually used to clone under water, make the cut under water. Me I just take 3 clones for every one I need and don't use anything but water.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you dont need cloning gel - it may or may not make your roots come out faster...

I always take more cuts then I need and I left a few in cup of water on the kitchen counter (I ran out of cubes) and had roots pop on a few of them.

Im almost positive it was the grape stomper cut that rooted in plain water.

F

farmerjohn

Most strains that aren't a major headache to root, will root in a cup of water. My Granny would always have a few cups in the kitchen window with whatever she was propagating for the yard. Even an avacado pit will root this way. I almost always take cuttings & put them in water for 24 hours. Any cutting that gets droppy after 24 hours in water, probably will not hack it after transplanting. Then I make the final cut, put cloning gel on them if I am using any & plant them in peat pellets or a light seed starter mix in a small peat pot.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I use something called the Stinkbud cloner, he has a site and everything and that won't work for rockwool or mediums such as, it works great for dirt though I grow dirt and Aero. So in that context yes plain water works great, for the record before this I used plain water with Rapid Rooters and I even got a leaf stem to root, but it was stupid looking I was just screwing around. Eventually everything roots, especially in a dome but I don't use domes or any of that stuff NEmore, just cut pop them in and done. lol I am lazy and it works for me great

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I use something called the Stinkbud cloner, he has a site and everything and that won't work for rockwool or mediums such as, it works great for dirt though I grow dirt and Aero. So in that context yes plain water works great, for the record before this I used plain water with Rapid Rooters and I even got a leaf stem to root, but it was stupid looking I was just screwing around. Eventually everything roots, especially in a dome but I don't use domes or any of that stuff NEmore, just cut pop them in and done. lol I am lazy and it works for me great

you could prolly use the loose rockwool no problem

C

cheyenne

wow you got a leaf stem to root? Like you took a fan leaf and for shits and giggles tried to root it and it worked? And then what happened? Thats gangsta talk for crazy!

F

farmerjohn

I posted a photo last month of a Blueberry Kush cutting I took & rooted that had no growth nodes. It was just a leaf stem & it rooted great! However, it never started vertical growth.

MeJuana

MeJuana

cheyenne yeah I did I screw around with all kinds of things LOL I didn't try to plant it though I just threw it out..

Top Bottom