How Can I Destroy Every Mite In My Grow?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Just finished my flw rooms with it under a full blown spider mite invasion. I thought it was good 4 mths ago but they came back. My problem is that my veg rm, clone and moms are using the other half of flw rm.
So my flw room is done and i want to kill every bug in here incl on clones, moms n veg plants

GeneralGrow

GeneralGrow

NPK Mighty Wash did the job for me with spider mites.
They say you can spray till week 6 of flowering but i'm not sure, i was vegging/early flowering when i used it.
I have used another product and didn't work as this one though.

Oregonak

Oregonak

Hi Juggernaut. Hope you're doing good. Dynagro 100% neem oil @ one ounce per gallon every seven days is 100% effective if applied correctly. And...it won't mess you up if you get it on or in you:) Add ten drops of dishsoap as an emulsifier and you're golden. I use seventh generation dishsoap cuz it doesn't have a bunch of nasties in it and some of the ingredients have insecticidal effects as a bonus.

The thing with neem is coverage and consistency. You have to achieve 100% coverage to break the life cycle. And you have to stay on it at least every seven days. Easy with small plants, big plants you gotta get in there and get wet! Be careful about over application as neem will KILL or severly damage plants if over applied. Turns the leaves transparent then crispy. Personally i go 1/2 per gallon and spray twice a week to ensure i don't fry them.

Can be applied up two week two in flower. No later...especially if you're making oil with the flower. Stay at it once a week and you'll never see another mite:) That covers your girls.

For environment do a thorough cleaning and bleach bomb it. You can use the neem for that as well but it tends to build up and get gunky over time.

Hope this helps and alls well:)

RR1

RR1

Hi Juggernaut. Hope you're doing good. Dynagro 100% neem oil @ one ounce per gallon every seven days is 100% effective if applied correctly. And...it won't mess you up if you get it on or in you:) Add ten drops of dishsoap as an emulsifier and you're golden. I use seventh generation dishsoap cuz it doesn't have a bunch of nasties in it and some of the ingredients have insecticidal effects as a bonus.

The thing with neem is coverage and consistency. You have to achieve 100% coverage to break the life cycle. And you have to stay on it at least every seven days. Easy with small plants, big plants you gotta get in there and get wet! Be careful about over application as neem will KILL or severly damage plants if over applied. Turns the leaves transparent then crispy. Personally i go 1/2 per gallon and spray twice a week to ensure i don't fry them.

Can be applied up two week two in flower. No later...especially if you're making oil with the flower. Stay at it once a week and you'll never see another mite:) That covers your girls.

For environment do a thorough cleaning and bleach bomb it. You can use the neem for that as well but it tends to build up and get gunky over time.

Hope this helps and alls well:)
General Grow had a good suggestion. Mighty Wash works better than most at killing bugs and eggs. Funny thing, since I stopped trading clones, I don’t have bug problems. And before it was legal for medical here, I never had smites.
Other thing I do is not run perpetual gardens. After every harvest, I spray my tents with diluted 35% h peroxide. 10% bleach solution works too. Kills and oxidizes every bit of organic tissue.
Need oil is fine for casual control, but I think the big one is, don’t bring other peoples problems into your grow. And if you have pets, keep them out too.
Good luck, now rampage and murder all those little bastards.
RR1

Oregonak

Oregonak

General Grow had a good suggestion. Mighty Wash works better than most at killing bugs and eggs. Funny thing, since I stopped trading clones, I don’t have bug problems. And before it was legal for medical here, I never had smites.
Other thing I do is not run perpetual gardens. After every harvest, I spray my tents with diluted 35% h peroxide. 10% bleach solution works too. Kills and oxidizes every bit of organic tissue.
Need oil is fine for casual control, but I think the big one is, don’t bring other peoples problems into your grow. And if you have pets, keep them out too.
Good luck, now rampage and murder all those little bastards.
RR1

RR1 i agree with most everything you said. Bugs usually come from other peoples rooms on clones, on our clothes or from our beloved pets. The peroxide is great just dont get it on you. Its a war on bugs.

Years ago when things weren't legal we all mostly kept to our own little bubbles and experienced minor pest problems if any. Since legalization many of our bubbles have expanded and intercepted. Like herpes in a small town...we all got some bugs. Broads and russets to mention a couple.

I have little experience with mighty wash except have heard that it works.

Here's why it works.

Growers in Oregon using mighty wash as directed began failing tests for pyrethrin because mighty wash does not list it on the label. Here is a little info.

https://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Documents/PesticideAdvisoryMightyWash.pdf

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw1uLxDQ4LyITyJpr1WrIsZj

As you can see they still do not list pyrethrin as an ingredient. Personally i find that to be pretty shady. Although pyrethrin is considered to be the "soft stuff" it's not something i want on my herbs.

I couldn't find an msds for just pyrethrin in my sleep dep haze but if you look around I'm sure you can find one. Messes with nerves n such in high concentrations. Like if you're getting exposed to it like you think its just water...like the label and the msds for mighty wash claims. I'm not saying don't use it. Just be aware of what you're using.

Gt21 is right too about the hard stuff but hopefully we all run cuts from treated plants and not the treated plants themselves.

Just my two cents. I hope this isn't considered "hijacking" a thread, just trying to help:) I could just be talking out my backside. Off to get some rest...i hope. Good luck with your war on bugs:)

P. S. Ever let spider mites have their way for learning purposes? Those little buggers will organize like a union! Pretty neat to watch.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Avid, and then 21 days later Floramite, but don't use in flowering. Insecticides wont work, as mites are not insects, theyre arachnid family.

Avid/Floramite have a 28 days effective period.

Mites have a 21 days breeding cycle, and this shit will wipe them out, on the first hit if you spray correctly/thoroughly ( follow all directions ). 2 applications are recommended of these 2 chemicals. If anything happens to survive the first treatment ( Unlikely ) the different chemical makes sure there is no immunity to said chemicals.
This stuff also will kill many other types of pests, and is safe to use. 1 place on Ebay has a deal of buying a small amount of either 1, and get the second chemical free. So if you buy 5oz Floramite, you will also get 5oz Avid, FREE. Can be had for around $30.
Dont mess around and waste your time. Avid/Floramite WILL TOTALLY ERADICATE THEM. Until you reintroduce them again. I would also spray anything suspect before I would introduce it into a garden.

Cant say about any of the other stuff, as Ive not used it.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Avid, and then 21 days later Floramite, but don't use in flowering. Insecticides wont work, as mites are not insects, theyre arachnid family.

Avid/Floramite have a 28 days effective period.

Mites have a 21 days breeding cycle, and this shit will wipe them out, on the first hit if you spray correctly/thoroughly ( follow all directions ). 2 applications are recommended of these 2 chemicals. If anything happens to survive the first treatment ( Unlikely ) the different chemical makes sure there is no immunity to said chemicals.
This stuff also will kill many other types of pests, and is safe to use. 1 place on Ebay has a deal of buying a small amount of either 1, and get the second chemical free. So if you buy 5oz Folramite, you will also get 5oz Avid, FREE. Can be had for around $30.
Dont mess around and waste your time. Avid/Floramite WILL TOTALLY ERADICATE THEM. Until you reintroduce them again. I would also spray anything suspect before I would introduce it into a garden.

CAnt say about any of the other stuff, as Ive not used it.
The whole 21 day thing is +/- a few depending on humidity and temp

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Spider Mite Reproduction and Life cycle

The mating and feeding of spider mites begins with the warmer weather of spring. The life cycle of spider mites is composed of the egg, the larva, two nymphal stages and the adults. The full life cycle of a spider mite from eggs to adult is dependent on the temperatures. In optimal conditions with temperatures at approximately 26˚C, spider mites can development in 5 to 20 days. The life span of an adult female is about 2 to 4 weeks long and in that time period they can lay several hundred eggs that attaches to fine silk webs and will hatch in approximately 3 days after they are produced. When their reproducing starts to increase in hotter weather, spider mites commonly become a problem from June to September. You will notice a drastic decline of spider mites infestation in late summer when predators start to eliminate them, the condition of host plants becomes unfavorable and the weather begins to cool down.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Mighty wash is good stuff used it a few times with great results. I used to use forbid 4f that shit is badass but you gotta be a little careful with it, great results. Once I shrunk my grow friends circle all bug problems went away. In fact the first run I did without my old partner was my first big free run. Few runs later I'm no longer spraying anything indoor & still havent for the last few years.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

I am learning about the reliance of regular cows milk, used with a foliar spraying rig, to kill infestations, and even to add to your feeding routine.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

God damn just grow some healthy plants, zero bug problems. Healthy Cannabis is so damn rich and sour no bug will touch it.

You people putting oil soaked soapy sulfur bud on the market need ass kicking invitations crammed in your cubby holes during nap time. Fucking lousy kids.

I say it so no one elsewhere has to!

Reactions: RR1
RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

My milk suggestion didn’t originate from another toxic plant.

Neem oil is organic true, it is nasty though... true.

RedHotPoker

RR1

RR1

God damn just grow some healthy plants, zero bug problems. Healthy Cannabis is so damn rich and sour no bug will touch it.

You people putting oil soaked soapy sulfur bud on the market need ass kicking invitations crammed in your cubby holes during nap time. Fucking lousy kids.

I say it so no one elsewhere has to!
No really, tell us how you really feel. LOL
RR1

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Nobody said put sulfur on buds, fully read before you respond. If your in veg soap and sulfur all you like even 2 weeks into flower is fine. Let's see how your room looks pro

B

Burned Haze

IPM 3 DAYS rotate schedule for mites....(always mix at highest dose for mites or what pests your trying to get your of ) : Grandevo WDG , 3 days later venerate xc , 3 days later botanigard 22wp . If that’s still not working use a knock out like citric acid like flying skull or dr Zymes and worst comes worst ( use pylons , try my method and keep your area clean and people out and wear clean clothes and cover all’s I’m sure you’ll be be set )

No reason to use stupid products that won’t ever kill mites populations entirely or broad pests, key is to always be spraying in veg stage and have healthy plants (pests are attracted to sick plants ) as a ipm and not have pests at all (7 days when not infected , I gave 3 day example cause he was infected and he needed to remove the infection ). Point is once you get pests or have infections it’s way harder to get rid of them, having a good ipm before will make things more smooth and even if you have a pest every once a awhile. No where as bad and you can beat it. Non harmful ways too

Mrmidtown

Mrmidtown

This post is old but SNS 217 is the best on the market. Siearra Natural Science it’s all Natural and they will even send you a tester if you pay for shipping. I use this as a preventative measure and or for infestation.

ethcan

ethcan

Just my two cents... all of my picks for total and utter mite eradication are already listed above.

If it were me... spray everything down with a rotated nuclear knock down of Forbid 4F and Avid as mentioned above.

Within 3 days begin spraying micronized sulfur. Spray 2 tbsp/gal every 3 days for the next 2 weeks. Do NOT spray any oil based sprays, such as horticultural oil or neem.

After this, start your IPM with rotating sulfur and Nuke Em weekly. Don't ever let them get established again.

Do sulfur dips on any fresh clones that come in. Keep yourself clean, always were fresh clothes into your grow room.

Latest posts

Top Bottom