How Did You Find Thcfarmer Forum?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I have never done social media until I found The Farm. I had been growing for some years learning my knowledge to grow from a book my aunt gave me and advice from a life long friend that has been growing much longer then me. Luckily he owns our local grow store and he gives me everything at cost. One day I was fucking with my phone and typed in THC Farm. The Farm was the first thing to pop up. I was pretty green when it came to communicating with members at first but I was hooked here my first post.

Bodean

Bodean

My buddy wanted to start growing and used all of our stored bag seeds with mixed results. He searched and found the farm and bought beans. I was like omfg you can buy beans? Totally out of the cannabis loop except for toking.
Next thing I did was make a profile and bought a crap load of beans . Stayed for the onslaught of gratuitous bud pics and of course grow knowledge. Thanks farm !

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
My buddy wanted to start growing and used all of our stored bag seeds with mixed results. He searched and found the farm and bought beans. I was like omfg you can buy beans? Totally out of the cannabis loop except for toking.
Next thing I did was make a profile and bought a crap load of beans . Stayed for the onslaught of gratuitous bud pics and of course grow knowledge. Thanks farm !
Sweet!!

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Found the Farm while doing my research for my first grow. After battling cancer in 2016. Luckily a vet at the farm @jumpincactus, took the time to ride co pilot with me. Explained how not to be scared to fuck up. Learning more from mistakes than success. And to have fun above all else. Always grateful Cactus Man......where ever u are

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I was an avid poster on CannabisWorld (and to a lesser extent OverGrow) in the early to mid 2000s. So I knew that forums were the best place to gather and collect info for growing. So when I got back into the game recently I took a look at several forums and found the overall attitude here to be much lighter and since thats exactly the type of person I am I decided that it would be a good place to call home.

Back in the CW & OG days several of us forum posters would hang out on True Stoners 420 java chat. I met a lot of really cool people there and talked with them on a daily basis. Guys like Breeder Steve, BubbleMan, Chimera and others and we'd discuss genetics all the time. I learned a lot from those guys and still hold them in high regards. They helped me troubleshoot a lot of growing pains over the years and so I've set out to help others do the same. While I will never know as much as they've forgotten, it's still fun to help new folks get their feet wet.

I try to interject humor whenever possible to keep the mood light. I find it rather ironic that some stress out so much over growing a plant we use to relieve stress. We should enjoy each others company and invite new folks in with open arms. We should be willing to share information (among other things) with each other and become one big family. We should band together and keep the riff raff outside and relegated to other forums who invite and thrive on drama.

So there ya have it. Why i'm here responding with way too much information on a subject that could have been summarized in a few sentences.

Dan789

Dan789

I came across a method for using a crockpot to decarb’ essentially and while doing that research, came upon some post on thcfarmer on doing decarb’g @240 degrees for an hour and what it actually did for the thc A, converting it into thc. I joined soon afterwards...

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was an avid poster on CannabisWorld (and to a lesser extent OverGrow) in the early to mid 2000s. So I knew that forums were the best place to gather and collect info for growing. So when I got back into the game recently I took a look at several forums and found the overall attitude here to be much lighter and since thats exactly the type of person I am I decided that it would be a good place to call home.

Back in the CW & OG days several of us forum posters would hang out on True Stoners 420 java chat. I met a lot of really cool people there and talked with them on a daily basis. Guys like Breeder Steve, BubbleMan, Chimera and others and we'd discuss genetics all the time. I learned a lot from those guys and still hold them in high regards. They helped me troubleshoot a lot of growing pains over the years and so I've set out to help others do the same. While I will never know as much as they've forgotten, it's still fun to help new folks get their feet wet.

I try to interject humor whenever possible to keep the mood light. I find it rather ironic that some stress out so much over growing a plant we use to relieve stress. We should enjoy each others company and invite new folks in with open arms. We should be willing to share information (among other things) with each other and become one big family. We should band together and keep the riff raff outside and relegated to other forums who invite and thrive on drama.

So there ya have it. Why i'm here responding with way too much information on a subject that could have been summarized in a few sentences.
Well said bro!!

F

FutureGrower

I started here so I had an idea of what to do. Prior to here I didnt know much, @Organikz @Ecompost and others told me to go organic and I've stayed on that path. Not a ton of organic info here but because of good people I've stayed :)

Monster762

Monster762

I came here very hesitant to join a forum on weed.
But I had dying plants. And nobody to ask anything.
Dropping 1 behind another. Bugs soil airflow every issue in the book. I thought I knew something cause I had a few outdoor plants in the past. I learned I didn’t know chit. Still learning.
But overall people on this site actually saved my plants. Not me. Since it’s been like a mini addiction. Just love all the love for the plant here.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Dropping 1 behind another. Bugs soil airflow every issue in the book. I thought I knew something cause I had a few outdoor plants in the past. I learned I didn’t know chit. Still learning.
But overall people on this site actually saved my plants. Not me. Since it’s been like a mini addiction. Just love all the love for the plant here.

I was the same way when I started. I made a grow space in my attic during the summer and it got way too hot. Spent a week dragging up materials to make a spot where I could grow.

My next grow space with in a closet. It had no ventilation. Temps again always in the upper 90s with too much humidity.

Third grow space was in another closet in the room next to the second one but I cut a hole in the ceiling to run ventilation out. That kept my temps in the upper 80s, had no cool air intake.

4th grow space was in the basement. I had an extra room down there and did everything the right way. I had plenty of ventilation and temps stayed in the mid to upper 70s. Some of my best grows were in that room. Soon I had kids and wanted to move it out of the house for fear of a fire hazard.

So i bought a house to convert into an office (for my 5th grow space) and finished off the basement. Again I planned it out right so ventilation was my top priority and again had some of the best grows ever for many years.

My current setup is my 6th grow space since starting in 2001. I didn't want to cut holes in my home's interior and i don't have space to have a whole room dedicated to it. That's why I created The Growing Rack. I took the experience I had gained from my previous spaces and condensed them into a mobile (it's on caster wheels) 10 sqft package (20 sqft total canopy). Once assembled, lights & ventilation are added it's ideal for growing cannabis in any room or apartment (brother has one in an apartment complex). Sorry if it sounds like an advertisement, I really don't mean to come off that way. It's just a lot of time, effort, testing and money went into it and i'm rather proud of the end result. If I had to do it all over again the results would be the same. Been using the rack setup now for quite some time (personally) and couldn't imagine a better more optimized grow space.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
After Overgrow/IC/CannaCabana/CW/Breedbay/DHK/HG420/BCBudDepot/and Im sure a couple others just kind of ended up here. Some of the folks I always talked to over the years were hanging out here and Logic was always pushing the forums with new feature ect. I always enjoyed it here cause most other sites would fuck off your resolution of the pics and this one never did to the point it looked like ass. Being this is a hobby where photos kind of matter and always got tired of trying to upload to photobucket or something. Just kind of stuck around for the years. I'm too old to be constantly chasing around new places all the time now specially since I don't mess with any of the social media sites anymore.

Edit: Wow 11 years. Time sure does fly. Big ups to @logic

gwheels

gwheels

I found this place when i got my grandmas secret garden (what a ripoff) and had to figure out how to grow plants.

PH WTF is PH

3 years later and i think this grow is working right. But i have grown about 7 to 8 pounds of personal since :D

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I was also very hesitant to join a forum. I was freaked out that I was gonna get busted out something. Then I started thinking, and they got better shit to do than track me down and bust me and my 3 plants lol.

Anyway, I was a member at trollitup, and I was paranoid and asked them to delete my account. They said "yep, see ya later (insert name of town 10 minutes away from me)"

And they answered quick, like they didn't have to even look it up, but are already actively keeping tabs on members ip address or something lol. I got a VPN now just in case.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I have never done social media until I found The Farm. I had been growing for some years learning my knowledge to grow from a book my aunt gave me and advice from a life long friend that has been growing much longer then me. Luckily he owns our local grow store and he gives me everything at cost. One day I was fucking with my phone and typed in THC Farm. The Farm was the first thing to pop up. I was pretty green when it came to communicating with members at first but I was hooked here my first post.
Very similar story.was growing for about 7/8 years .learned the basics from my bro,learned everything else from books and magazines like soft secrets paper.i even got a bird to let me take pics o her with her tits out next to my plants for a pack o free seeds from soft secrets.lol.
One day someone says "you should go have a look at weed forums." So I did.the farm was the first one i went to that I could work out how to use and it has LOADS of info.more than most other forums.

madgrower

madgrower

After a few years of hit and miss grows I decided to invest some money and get a medical marijuana grow license. Not wanting to lose all our money with bad decisions I searched and found thc farmily.i still make mistakes and try lots of different stuff but my falls and failures are easily absorbed with everyone’s posts and help

Dan789

Dan789

I have to add, that I too tried a few grows in the attic, tents wouldn’t fit because of the roof trusses, so I got busy with styrofoam furring strips duct tape, and visqueen, screwed the whole thing together and made a grow space up there. It took days to construct, still had all the problems of an attic, tight spots, access problems aways, not to mention the dust. It had ventilation and circulation inside, but didn’t monitor in any way the RH, boom powdery mildew.
Tried outdoor growing, heat and bugs got the better of me, got up to more plants than I wanted, and still didn’t get much to harvest. Started making salves and tincture and that’s what got me reading the forums and finally deciding to join.
It’s been much better for me since then, decided on a more sensible growing area, got one tent, then another then yet another. Along the years I’ve changed from T8 fluorescent fixtures, got a T5 fluorescent fixture, bought my first bluple fixture a “lighthouse black star”, then several others. I initially bought a metal halide 1000 watt fixture and never fired it up, cause I was too worried about burning down the house because of the heat and my futile attempts to grow in the attic. Last year I fought the temptation to purchase another more powerful (from what I then had) pre-made cob style fixture and took the plunge with a Rapid led cob kit. That has been another turning point for me, anyone on the fence, those lights (cobs) and the quantum board lights are the beginning of the future. I’ve just put into service a small two hundred watt four cob Cree kit light and that’s rocking it. Loving the community and sharing in it...

Dan789

Dan789

Very similar story.was growing for about 7/8 years .learned the basics from my bro,learned everything else from books and magazines like soft secrets paper.i even got a bird to let me take pics o her with her tits out next to my plants for a pack o free seeds from soft secrets.lol.
One day someone says "you should go have a look at weed forums." So I did.the farm was the first one i went to that I could work out how to use and it has LOADS of info.more than most other forums.
Too funny...the bird and breast shots...

Top Bottom