How Did You Find Thcfarmer Forum?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

I was the same way when I started. I made a grow space in my attic during the summer and it got way too hot. Spent a week dragging up materials to make a spot where I could grow.

My next grow space with in a closet. It had no ventilation. Temps again always in the upper 90s with too much humidity.

Third grow space was in another closet in the room next to the second one but I cut a hole in the ceiling to run ventilation out. That kept my temps in the upper 80s, had no cool air intake.

4th grow space was in the basement. I had an extra room down there and did everything the right way. I had plenty of ventilation and temps stayed in the mid to upper 70s. Some of my best grows were in that room. Soon I had kids and wanted to move it out of the house for fear of a fire hazard.

So i bought a house to convert into an office (for my 5th grow space) and finished off the basement. Again I planned it out right so ventilation was my top priority and again had some of the best grows ever for many years.

My current setup is my 6th grow space since starting in 2001. I didn't want to cut holes in my home's interior and i don't have space to have a whole room dedicated to it. That's why I created The Growing Rack. I took the experience I had gained from my previous spaces and condensed them into a mobile (it's on caster wheels) 10 sqft package (20 sqft total canopy). Once assembled, lights & ventilation are added it's ideal for growing cannabis in any room or apartment (brother has one in an apartment complex). Sorry if it sounds like an advertisement, I really don't mean to come off that way. It's just a lot of time, effort, testing and money went into it and i'm rather proud of the end result. If I had to do it all over again the results would be the same. Been using the rack setup now for quite some time (personally) and couldn't imagine a better more optimized grow space.
That “growing in the attic” brought back some memories bordering on nightmares... can’t believe I did that also..lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That “growing in the attic” brought back some memories bordering on nightmares... can’t believe I did that also..lol

Yeah i mean at the time it seemed ideal. Sure it was hell carrying supplies up a ladder but it was out of the way, hidden and outside the house. Needless to say all those things turned out to be cons vs pros. Every problem possible affected the grow and it was always a battle with humidity and high temps. Luckily I didn't do it in the winter otherwise it would have been even worse. But yeah we all live and learn. Part of the process ;-)

dextr0

dextr0

Cool question. Honestly I left icmag when they kept deleting threads because of other members. Too much info to not care about it.
I had went from CannabisWorld to Icmag because it was too slow at CW (2009).
Anyway so I was looking for somewhere more fast paced. Was reading a hightimes or maybe skunk mag and saw an add...looked it up and joined.

I’ve had a lot of fun times sharing and shooting the shit here on the farm. Ppl were always good and wealth of info. I don’t see many old heads around anymore but it’s fun watching y’all grow. I’m brushing up checking out all y’all threads.

MedicalDave

MedicalDave

Found THC Farmer looking for DNA genetics seeds and found the forums afterwards. Lots of good info on here and a helpful community.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have read the threads here for years but honestly only finally signed up for the farm when riu crashed a couple years ago.

Glad I did! Much nicer in here. :-)

Got myself banned from there finally arguing with uncle buck and rollie and exposing their censorship and unfair bannings.

Top Bottom