How I Pull Delta 9 Thc From Green/black Tar.

• Thread starter EugeneOregon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

After the third pass through the cryogenic sublimator apparatus, the Delta 9 THC obtained using this same rig rivals lab grade standards in purity. Once warmed up and prepped properly the unit can be cleaned of the residual tar and reloaded with the compound just harvested. It only takes minutes to prep and start the next run if desired and "hold up" of compound is minimal.

First pass out of tar is clear but too yellow and will have slight odor/flavor. The second pass all odor is removed and the compound becomes nearly white but slight yellow. Third pass is just for the sake of squeezing out the final percent of contaminate.

This is just one other way to go about purifying extract. The sublimator rig cannot produce like a short path head in quantity, but a short path jead cannot even come close to the purity a sublimator can. Both are substantially similar in operation and both have a niche. Enjoy. I stopped responding to blog posts. However my email is listed on my youtube channel and I enjoy the emails with sincere folks wishing to exchange ideas. Peace from Cannabis free Oregon!

P

progeny-prodigy

i checked your youtube page and couldnt find an email

P

progeny-prodigy

i kno the apparatus is call a cryogenic sublimator but the hash oil isnt technically sublimating correct? its just a very optimized short path distillation correct.

P

progeny-prodigy

I had my guy turn 24g of iso extract into about 20g of distillate. What a much better extract.
im curious about the specifics of this. what was initial iso extract's quality? and did u hav to do multiple distillations (passes)

Dunge

Dunge

I have watched 8 youtube offerings that average about 5 min each.
The one that caught my attention was the aluminum oxide packed chromatography column.
And the silica gel separations look very interesting.
I have been able to source much through amazon and ebay, but have yet to place any orders and be told they don't ship to Alaska. (few things chap my ass, but shipping refusal is a giant pain)
I did just buy a vacuum pump, which was a delayed purchase because I had to bring it home in my checked luggage.
I have a nice Buckner funnel and flask, so I'm fundamentally plumed to play with it.

I'm thinking of starting with Aluminum oxide because it's cheep, and I can mess it up without feeling bad about a failed experiment.

Have never worked with hexane or ethyl acetate.
Anybody know of an industrial use/source of these chemicals?

I have ready access to 99% isopropanol, so anything I can do with that would be great.

In the writing of this I have talked myself into buying some aluminum oxide and running some iso washed extract through it.

Need to go back and re-watch the vid where he addresses alcohols.

Nice work @EugeneOregon and thanks for sharing.

P

progeny-prodigy

all of ur questions r answered somewhere in his vids and theres one more piece of equipment i think u might hav overlooked which is a vacuum chamber. its going to be very difficult and time consuming to purge those solvents completely. im working on duplicating these same techniques too but i hav experience with extraction chemistry and kno how much of a pain purging can be

Dunge

Dunge

theres one more piece of equipment i think u might hav overlooked which is a vacuum chamber.
This is a great example of my complaint about shipping to Alaska.
I had a $120 Best Vac chamber in my shopping cart until seeing an $80 shipping charge for USPS postage.
Just can't stand being abused like this.
If they put any effort into using USPS I'm sure they could get that handling fee down.

Thanks for the advise on the vacuum chamber, I'll figure something out.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I had my guy turn 24g of iso extract into about 20g of distillate. What a much better extract.
I'm really shocked that you only lost a little less than 17 % on that. Even decent material I'm still losing 25 to 30 % on my first pass. Another 5 to 10 for the second pass. Crude gives me 50 percent returns for distillate.
Must have been a a first pass for ya, and maybe he fractioned too many tails... No offense, I would love this return lol.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

This was my iso extract I had further brought down by putting in my vac chamber. So the only thing that was fraxtiined out was the lipids, waxes, and chlorophyll. Even though I winterized before evaping.

P

progeny-prodigy

This is a great example of my complaint about shipping to Alaska.
I had a $120 Best Vac chamber in my shopping cart until seeing an $80 shipping charge for USPS postage.
Just can't stand being abused like this.
If they put any effort into using USPS I'm sure they could get that handling fee down.

Thanks for the advise on the vacuum chamber, I'll figure something out.
there r many ways to get a vac chamber i recommend building one. there r some great videos on youtube of this. even kingofrandom did one. u can also buy products of the shelf lik the foodsaver vacuum storage containers

Dunge

Dunge

Stop me now, or this is what I'll do as soon as my aluminum oxide gets here.
20171205 142637

Made this extraction via open butane blast using three cans of bute on just under 200 grams of leaf and seconds.
I then dissolved it in 95% ethanol.

I'm planing on using the Buckner funnel as a chromatography column and seeing what happens.
Should I water it down and do a pinene removal first?
I have watched the video twice and know I'm missing something.
Is the pinene being distilled off or left behind as the white fluid?
Will watch the vid again and see if things clear up.

At any rate, experimentation will happen.
All advise will be taken into consideration.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use the same funnel to filter and winterizing my extracts before evaping.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Stop me now, or this is what I'll do as soon as my aluminum oxide gets here.
View attachment 762433
Made this extraction via open butane blast using three cans of bute on just under 200 grams of leaf and seconds.
I then dissolved it in 95% ethanol.

I'm planing on using the Buckner funnel as a chromatography column and seeing what happens.
Should I water it down and do a pinene removal first?
I have watched the video twice and know I'm missing something.
Is the pinene being distilled off or left behind as the white fluid?
Will watch the vid again and see if things clear up.

At any rate, experimentation will happen.
All advise will be taken into consideration.
Pinene removal? What? Are you trying to add Pinene terps? You MUST be confused and thinking of Limonene. Its the only terpene used in the distillation. And that's only IF you use it, better options out there.
But I'm not going to spell it out. No offense, but much researching ahead and experimentation for you.

Dunge

Dunge

I just re-watched it and think I understand what is going on.
Purifying cannabinoids by Chromatography

In the opening boil, he is stripping light aromatics by doing a dirty water distillation.
As a side effect of the boil, pinene is being removed into the boiling water.

I want to try this primarily because I have the still, and want to see if I can perform this separation.

As to dissolving the resultant oil in hexane for further separation via silica gel, I'm not there yet.
No hexane or gel.

Will probably attempt a de-waxing by silica oxide chromatography, once the silica arrives in the mail.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I just re-watched it and think I understand what is going on.
Purifying cannabinoids by Chromatography

In the opening boil, he is stripping light aromatics by doing a dirty water distillation.
As a side effect of the boil, pinene is being removed into the boiling water.

I want to try this primarily because I have the still, and want to see if I can perform this separation.

As to dissolving the resultant oil in hexane for further separation via silica gel, I'm not there yet.
No hexane or gel.

Will probably attempt a de-waxing by silica oxide chromatography, once the silica arrives in the mail.
My apologies, thought you were onto a different method.. Advice I would give from experience is Pentane has VERY close polarity with Hexane and a much lower boiling point. FWIW

Top Bottom