Samoan

5 Gallon Bucket
Filled with Tap water - Ph 7.7 PPM 166

Add 4tsp canna coco a - mix well
Add 4tsp canna coco b - mix well
Ph with Citric Acid 1/4 tsp/ 5 Gallon
- Comes out at around Ph 5.8 PPM 420

I think this is my Baseline??

I will use the container to fill measure and transfer the amount of nutrient water from the 5 Gallon Bucket that will be used per plants to a 1 Gallon jug by pouring through a large funnel. I then flip the funnel over and use it as a spout to aim and irrigate the container thoroughly while pouring the nutrient solution through. It is quite effective as the funnel I use is 6" in diameter and 18" long.

Also, I would like to add that I have noticed once the plants are established you can water them with about 1/4 the containers size and you should be getting some good runoff, from what I read if you feed very lightly you can get away with no runoff but I feed lightly and I still aim for for runoff because I have been seeing good things, I'm also trying to cut down to less runoff and see what happens. I also read that COCO works better on the DRYER side although it is HYDRO so I don't believe it's meant to dry out just NOT BE FULLY SATURATED ALL OF THE TIME? I have read that Coco still contains 30% oxygen fully saturated?
I also read that COCO WORKS BEST AT PH 6.0?

How i water and check run off in coco drip to waste
How i water and check run off in coco drip to waste 2
How i water and check run off in coco drip to waste 3
How i water and check run off in coco drip to waste 4
Samoan

Samoan

The jugs are 5 Gallon, Cut the top off, drill some holes in it, flip it and use some good old zip ties to fasten it to the jug. 3 Gallon Smartpots fit very snug and are not totally spill proof guaranteed, however perfect for the 1 Gallons.

Iamrain

Iamrain

There a few different charts out there that highlight the intake of nutrients through coco versus soil and hydro. You will see on there where the optimal range is for the majority of the nutrients. It falls between 5.8 and 6.0 and edging on the lower end rather than higher, so it's a bit less than soil.

Also- I have no idea where you were reading about letting coco get dry. It's basically a hydroponic medium and requires feeding everyday and even multiple times per day. You can search for that and you will get the same responses all over the place. I like your method of getting your runoff!

Hydroponics ph chart marijuana

Latest posts

Top Bottom