How In The World Do I Wire My Dimmer??

• Thread starter Cheeseburg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cheeseburg

Hi all,

Got this hlg 320 kit off alibaba for an 800piece led board. I can’t figure out for the life of me how to wire this dimmer though.....

How in the world do i wire my dimmer
C

Cheeseburg

Left side is for the dimmer right side is for the mains. Dimmer goes to 0 and 10V terminals, input power (mains) goes between the LIN and N.
So wait I’m wiring this in between the wall and the unit??

Toaster79

Toaster79

It's a PWM dimmer. It needs power to function. So yes. From the wall to LIN and N terminals ad from the driver to 0 and 10V terminal. It also says on the driver what wires are for dimming and it also says 0-10V. Or you could simply wire a 100K potentiometer on the dimming part.

You sure you're not gonna get killed assembling that unit?

Toaster79

Toaster79

It's a PWM dimmer. It needs power to function. So yes. From the wall to LIN and N terminals ad from the driver to 0 and 10V terminal. It also says on the driver what wires are for dimming and it also says 0-10V. Or you could simply wire a 100K potentiometer on the dimming part.

You sure you're not gonna get killed assembling that unit?

Well the driver says DIM+ and DIM-

Sorry about that.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Do they have a website with instructions you can look at? I mean it’s not hard but still they should have some sort of reference material for consumers.

Toaster79

Toaster79

The silver round piece in center is the back of a potentiometer. Let’s see pictures of the lights. And power supply, out of curiosity

Hahaha just realised its the back that is missing not the front.

So the black box behind it is the relay. If the pot hast the switch built in than it can be also used as the main switch breaking the mains cuircuit of the driver if the LOUT is used.

That's just an assumption though.

However it's designed and built just the way it hould be.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Ask Jerry why he didn't send a wiring diagram lol. Toaster gave you just enough info to either get it working or blow yourself up. Don't stand in a puddle when you plug it in :cool:

Hahahaha just enough

Toaster79

Toaster79

More pics. Yes I don’t want to die

This is how it should be wired:

N from the wall to N terinal on the dimmer and to N wire on the driver.

L from the wall to LIN terminal on the dimmer

From the LOUT terminal on the dimmer to the L wire on the driver.

0 and 10V terminals on the dimmer to DIM+ and DIM- on the driver. This way when the knob is in OFF position the Line to the driver is interrupted. You just need to make sure the LIN on the dimmer is actually the line from the wall for the safety measures.

Top Bottom