How Many Lumens Do You Use From Transplant Through Veg?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I have 4 adjustable Samsung f564b, similar to quantum boards, fixtures I built and need to find a good setting from transplant of clones through veg.

I just spent an hour online trying to find data that goes against my understanding yet every site I visited said the same thing. That t5's which were 10,000 lumens max were enough for this entire period. Which was my understanding yet went against the data offered by a trustable source on this forum.

During veg I can run them anywhere from about 5000 to about 60000. The one thing that every site stated was that high lumens increase top growth which moves growth hormones from the roots to the green. This is as well the exact opposite advice of our trusted hydro grower.

My thing is that I dont want to waste wattage on a growth period that doesn't need it because electricity up here in the bay area is REALLY REALLY BAD!! I'm not saying I want to grow low watts no matter what I just want to find the sweet spot.

S

Shawnery

From what I understand plants don’t recognize lumens. They recognize PAR. But I’m sure it can be used as a baseline.
Agreed but in terms of output it's really the only thing average growers can compare with the proliferation of lumen apps.

If there was a par meter app I'm sure we would all be way over it!

H

heisen

I give ss much light to mine as possible.
In highly oxygenated hydro systems plants are in turbo mode.give them light.
If you want a slow growing turtle in the corner put a small t5 over it.
You want them to grow I start at 23k lux and go to 35.i got 600 watts of cobs over these clones in a tote and there barely a week old.you want big plants and big roots give them what the sun will give them
Big plants dont grow in the shade.

S

Shawnery

From what I understand plants don’t recognize lumens. They recognize PAR. But I’m sure it can be used as a baseline.

Each of my 4 fixtures are roughly putting out somewhere around 700 PAR at full power. I got this number from another build. The only difference is he's running a 3x3 fixture, mine is 4x2 and he's running one more strip. Even though he's running more strips I'm running more watts per strip. I'm running 4 of these for an 8x5 for print.

Does PAR decrease and increase with watts when adjusting output? Meaning if I lower my wattage in half does that lower my PAR in half?

Is 700 PAR good in terms of plant needs and does PAR requirements change from clone to veg to flower?

S

Shawnery

Does the light recieved by the plant from the lights themselves and the reflective light combine to form a higher output or does it not add to one another?

For instance,.

If I'm running 15000 lumens of lighting, yes I know plants dont understand lumens, but there's an additional 5000 lumens being reflected by the surface directly beneath the plant are my plants then recieving a total of 20000 lumens?

Just wondering because the styrofoam im using on top of my totes is extremely reflective, much more so than the tent surface or reflective bubble wrap.

Top Bottom