How Many Plants Can I Grow Outside Without Pissing Offneighbors Creating An Issue With City/lea

• Thread starter DjLateBoy24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DjLateBoy24

Plants located on upper slope portion of backyard.

The closest neighbor's window is about 35-40 feet from the plants-this is the neighbor we have the best relationship with albeit he is a judge. The other next door is about 60-70ft and the one below is about 100-120 ft.

The area is somewhat concealed but if looky loos wanted to take a look in they could easily do so with a zoom camera from below or look over the bushy fence next door. I guess my concern is not blowing up the spot. I found our city does not allow outdoor grows just yesterday and here I am all set up with 6 plants that have been babied and are in 30 gallons and are a few feet tall but bushy (topped). I need to make Rick simpson oil for my medical condition and will need quite a lot of bud.

The strains are Green crack, sunset sherbet, wedding cake, sour patch kids, blueberry CBD.

I am a medical patient but do not want to be harassed or have law enforcement wanting to go into my backyard etc. I will do a good job of covering the plants and even adding some other plants to help with stench.

Any thoughts with the info I've given you, I'm in So Cal Orange County to give you an Idea. Maybe I need to consult with a Cannabis lawyer regarding this. . .

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Man that’s questionable, if the city isn’t allowing outdoor, one way to get around that is to make a “Greenhouse”
I did the same here in Monterey cali.
Bought a greenhouse, provided it’s got a “lockable” door it satisfies the law.
In your case , maybe a timber frame of sorts, covered with 6 mil clear plastic, all of which you can get at your local Homedepot.
I opted for a prefab greenhouse. Had to fab my own door as the one they provided was junky.
Did make a raised base with 2.5’ of stucco , this creates a heat sink or thermal wall, being on the coast it’s cold , always.
Harbor freight 6x8 unit , with some mods, all in all, $1200 into her and it’s pretty sweet.
Plants look good and smell wise, stays contained with a carbon filter exhausting, smell is negligible.
Closest neighbor is about 40’ w d is a fellow smoker. Others are cool as I keep a pretty garden all around the house. So a greenhouse isn’t suspicious. If they do see it they figure , “oh he has plants in em”:)

5CFC7A81 5812 4128 A031 A292DD40E70E
DDCBCDE6 7A36 4061 82EC A3078BF9AD6D
170DF796 A8B8 456F 83A2 CBFFB184FC9F
916D3037 4638 4E5E 9E10 D87D44889818
C90BE3E6 D685 437C A8F4 DB37B8E4A7A0
EA9E9819 6D27 47CE BFFA 67EBEEB594CF
D

DjLateBoy24

https://i.invalid.com/vF8yO5D.jpg

https://i.invalid.com/fL67iof.jpg

https://i.invalid.com/vF8yO5D.jpg

It's totally questionable, I concur! I had a few friends tell me since no one can see in the backyard unless they really want to or have a reason to and the neighbors are not that close to just go with it and pull any of the plants that may really smell as I go along. He's told me I should be fine with the green crack odor possibly sunset blueberry cbd but the rest of the strains were question marks and I'd probably need to get rid of the sour D and possibly a few more...

As far as your setup goes, I'm really liking it! Was thinking I'd need to go this way as soon as I found out but haven't had much time to look into a grow shed / greenhouse setup. I just know I'd have quite a few obstacles seeing that the area is slopey, no power and I think I'd need a bigger size greenhouse if I were looking to use the oil as medicine-which is by far the best way to treat my condition in my experience.

I'd imagine the highest point of the roof is at 8'? Really nice job on modding it. My concern would be how hot it would get if it'd have to stay shut the whole time? For instance it was 106 here today.. way hotter than normal but there will be some dog days incoming...

Have you implemented the filter yet?

I like the idea of the pre fab and that's because when I looked into greenhouses sometime ago I couldn't find a good diy video on you tube. ..

How many of the 30 gallons do you think I could get way with fitting in there :)? I uploaded some pics for fun.

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
vF8yO5D.jpg
vF8yO5D.jpg

Ljcojgd.jpg
It's totally questionable, I concur! I had a few friends tell me since no one can see in the backyard unless they really want to or have a reason to and the neighbors are not that close to just go with it and pull any of the plants that may really smell as I go along. He's told me I should be fine with the green crack odor possibly sunset blueberry cbd but the rest of the strains were question marks and I'd probably need to get rid of the sour D and possibly a few more...

As far as your setup goes, I'm really liking it! Was thinking I'd need to go this way as soon as I found out but haven't had much time to look into a grow shed / greenhouse setup. I just know I'd have quite a few obstacles seeing that the area is slopey, no power and I think I'd need a bigger size greenhouse if I were looking to use the oil as medicine-which is by far the best way to treat my condition in my experience.

I'd imagine the highest point of the roof is at 8'? Really nice job on modding it. My concern would be how hot it would get if it'd have to stay shut the whole time? For instance it was 106 here today.. way hotter than normal but there will be some dog days incoming...

Have you implemented the filter yet?

I like the idea of the pre fab and that's because when I looked into greenhouses sometime ago I couldn't find a good diy video on you tube. ..

How many of the 30 gallons do you think I could get way with fitting in there :)? I uploaded some pics for fun.
12’ at center, 8-9’ on sides, I did raise the base to get the height .
I grow on 10gals, fit 6 with room for about 6 more.
I have an indoor setup for clones . The greenhouse is for outdoor grow, and I have 12 solar panels feeding 2kw with 2500ah battery storage.
It runs for led 700 watt par fixtures.
4 fans for air movement.
1 carbon 6” inline fan for exhaust. Has 2 top vents.
I did add 2 intake vents
All in all it’s self sustaining.
I don’t hit over 78dg f here most of the nights it’s 50s so indica is great but sativa won’t make it here.
Going full season outdoor and indoor i do light dep on “projects “. Or clones
6 is about the legal rec limit but if you have a medical card, 99 plants in Cali is allow able.
They do make a 10x12 but I didn’t see the need for me.
I work with commercial growers so most of my needs are taken care of.
Have a lot of charlottes web going there amongst others.

You can fit 8 30gals with no room to spare. So maybe 6 , 3 in each side with an aisle to work from.

And haven’t had to activate the carbon filter yet.
No lights needed now that we have longer days.
Had to use a heater though . But I think this heat wave is helping us on the coast atm. I run a propane heater. Exhausts into the grow space , adds co2. With a co2 controller I can feed and heat at the same time. I’m an engineer so I tinker a bit.

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
6 plants I can harvest about 3lbs out of this setup.

At the commercial grow-we found out that 10gal seems to be the magic combo for most hybrids.
30 gal yields more but negligible for qty you can run with 10s

Yes 30s do punch in the weight but man it’s ounces in diff. We can get higher lbs with supersoil ammended organically in 10s

Last edited:
D

DjLateBoy24

Thanks for the thoughtful replies bro, it really means a lot!

Thanks for sharing the interesting tidbit on 30 vs 10 and the negligible yield difference. I thought about the size of the pots a lot and was going to go with 20's but read the more soil the better in almost every circumstance. I'm all about efficiency though so I'm glad you see similar yields with supersoil. Also, makes it way easier to move around as well.

How long are you letting this super soil cook? In my case I just did a mix of FF Ocean Forest mixed with some Kellog Patio Plus cut with some bone meal (maybe a waste the more I read as it won't be bio available unless I want to use the soil again), blood meal, EWC etc. It was more of a last minute thing but going forward I'd like to start getting down with the soil if you know what I mean :)

D

DjLateBoy24

Some blueberry from the commercial grow. 4 lbs cola, one for 6 big ass fuckers. Frosted as fuck. Tested 25% thc. Tell ya what, that’s a good smoker

This made my day man. Thank You. As someone who has only been helped by cannabis, it's piqued my interest and I'd like to get more involved with this plant. How does one become a grower such as yourself? Something tells me there will be a demand. I'd like to get involved in this industry very much. I'm thinking of starting a cloning business, but I've really enjoyed setting these plants up. . .

Last edited:
D

DjLateBoy24

I wasn't able to get some pics up. I copied the Image address into the link but for some reason they won't upload.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
We get it our soil cooked about a good year, then we hold it for or 6 months before we use it’. It’s good for 4 cycles of crops with amendments. Then we recook it.
Growing is state of mind, asking, learning, making mistakes.
One can never say they have learned it all, but one can say, hey I learned something g new.
It’s why u like this community, we share the info and learn from each other.
Hit me up if u got any any needs for meds. I’m fighting cancer and make rso for medical needs as well.

the rrock

the rrock

With cannabis somewhat legal to smoke/grow in CA. why is it a issue what your neighbors think.I grow indoors but always put 25-30 plants in backyard just for fun and some extra cash during summer

D

DjLateBoy24

you're going to win bro- I can already tell. what's your email JackOG?

D

DjLateBoy24

With cannabis somewhat legal to smoke/grow in CA. why is it a issue what your neighbors think.I grow indoors but always put 25-30 plants in backyard just for fun and some extra cash during summer

It's legal but somehow cities are implementing their own laws and telling us we can't grow outside. I have the right to grow 12 and really 99 if you want to get technical.

That means if one of my neighbors complain about the stench and get the city involved now law enforcement will be involved. Something I do not want to deal with. In a perfect world I can grow these six with stinking up the block...but we're not there yet...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom