how many plants do you put under 600w

• Thread starter champion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
champion

champion

i usually would suggest 4 as i seem to get roughly the same weight as if i do say 6

however i have 9 and cant bear to get rid of any

or do i just need someone to tell me to get rid for the space

do you think i can get away with it this time and get say 30ounces from 9

or should i stick to a plan and go for 20 from 4 plants???????

P

paulycali

4-6 would be perfect if vegged long enough. You should be able to pull 600 grams from your light. Less plants longer veg more plants less veg. Either way you should get about 600 grams

M

mellokitty

it pretty much boils down to: no matter how many plants you put under your light, you're going to get about the same amount of product, give or take, depending on your level of care. (that said, i know guys that are cranking 2.5 gpw *consistently. effing ridik.)

if you're someone who likes to really get to know 4 plants and their needs, go with 4. if you don't mind having 9 kids and can't bear to part with any of them, go with 9. it all comes down to what you're comfortable with. there are no rules, we're all only limited by our imaginations.
happy digging...

I

ibTheMan

we run four plants under every 1000w, we use 1 1000w in 4x4 tents with 4 plants, 6 would be tough so i wouldnt go more the 4 with ah 600w ever.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
All Depends on Your Veg

If you veg your clones for a week or 2 and into bud you go you may have a bunch of plants under a single 600. If you veg for 3-4 weeks you may have 16 plants under a 600. The longer you vegetatively grow your plants the fewer you will have under any light. I see no problem budding 9 plants under 1 600 watt light, good luck

mal

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I grow SOG style, so each table under each 600W light can fit about two dozen plants, give or take, in 1gal pots very easily. The problem there is canopy control. I'm still averaging about a pound a light, though, would like to get that bumped up.

half baked

half baked

keep all nine in, top so all you have is 4 colas a plant and you will get long colas with adequate space for each to grow out nicely, i put 16 plants in a 1x1m tent with a 600hps and they love it, if some of the colas start stretching/growing faster than the others pinch it a few times a couple of inch from the top and it slows top end growth for a few days, dont be brutal with them just pinch till you hear it pop and still hold its own weight, its just a simple way of keeping the canopy in check, ive got 64 colas and theres no more than 3 inch difference in height, and thats with 5 strains , hope this helps bro

peace hb

W

WW Lover

Someone should have asked the size of your space.

It's not about how many plants will go under the light, it's about the light providing proper lumens in the space.

You need 5000 lumens per square foot of space during flower, 3000 during veg for optimal lighting. You can put as many plants as will fit in the space as long as the lumens are correct. 600w bulbs range from 88,000-90,000 lumens total, that translates into proper lighting achieved, at the minimum level of 88,000, if your space is 17.6 sqft, about a 3x6 space.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

It depends on space,but a 600 is a 600,i like to use 23 square 6.5l pots in a 5x3 space with a 6 over top,fits perfect,but not sure if u are down with s.o.g method involves a lil more cloning but i prefer it over a few bigger plants,i seem to have better results i always get around 13-16oz's being my biggest off 1 six hundread in a tent and im usually doing mix strains!!

G

GirlCarny

I grow SOG style, so each table under each 600W light can fit about two dozen plants, give or take, in 1gal pots very easily. The problem there is canopy control. I'm still averaging about a pound a light, though, would like to get that bumped up.

Hi Seamaiden Im guessing you use clones. How long do you generally vegetate your plants for before flowering? Can you tell me more, single cola multiple tops average height before flowering? Thanks!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi Seamaiden Im guessing you use clones. How long do you generally vegetate your plants for before flowering? Can you tell me more, single cola multiple tops average height before flowering? Thanks!
Yes, for sogging it's really gotta be clones. Veg time can vary because I'm not so good at timing things. So often the next batch is ready to go into flower, but there's no room at the inn, so I will cool them down so their growth slows. Once transplanted from the cloner, though, a month is where I find they're good to flip, at most. If I let them go a long time in the cloner, so they've got roots that will reach to the bottoms of the pots, then 2 weeks, easy, and they're ready to flip.

My GOAL is single colas, I always end up with multiple tops, I try to keep it down to 3-4, keeping canopy full (gotta use that light, right?) but not crowded.

Now, the flip. The flip is always a fun time, yeah? I get everything up to 10"-12" tall, then flip. Once that post-flip stretch has slowed down, I get out my ruler and cut everything back to 12" exactly. If I've timed it right they usually grow in unison at that point and top out at around 18", which is still too tall, but I'm workin' on refining my techniques. Everyone always gets a Brazilian shave, nice, clean legs that don't allow for popcorn.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

Funny, I'm now finding this thread. I'd call this a precise calculation.

outwest

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It all depends on how you wanna grow, you can go anywhere from 1 big plant vegged for 6-8 weeks or 42 small clones with almost no veg time.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i tend to do 12-18 per 600 depending on strain/yield/stretch etc. 5 1/2" square pots, on stretchers instead of time i like to see 3-5 nodes of growth, non stretchers 6-10.... all time depending.

the trick ive found with SOG is all fucking timing. hacking 50 off your mom doesnt make her too happy, then a week too early your choppin everything back hardcore, week late you're losing time or yield....

just get em where you're comfortable and rock out. but to ultimately answer how many plants, i saw a grow once that had 72 bubba cuts per 1K. vegged not even a week and flipped, each plant just made about a 7-10" cola and thats it. was all perfect no larf, pulled about 4 off the two lights (for the bubba ive known i was very impressed)

but then again there is a thread on here (cant remember his name for the life of me) thats doing a single plant scrog under a 600, and fucking KILLING IT.

all just pickings of poison my friend. 9 should be no sweat... if you're stressin on room or maybe you have some super stretchers or somethin, just put a screen over em or tie them down. just try and keep everything as manageable y uniform as possible.open up the taller ones , stake up the shorter ones.... just takes some time and loving care my friend

M

Moto-Man

Thanks for the great information everyone! (My first post to this forum :)

Amwar420

Amwar420

I have a 600w g8led in 4' x 4' room, how many plants can i fit in there

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have a 600w g8led in 4' x 4' room, how many plants can i fit in there
Depends on how big you want them to grow. If you do SoG (sea of green) then it's better to go with smaller plants in smaller pots. If you have to keep numbers down, then you'll probably wanna grow trees, in which case, far fewer plants will fit under there.

J

Jcnxnnxn

Hhahaha heres 9 under a 250 watt only 25 days straight from when I put the seed in the wet paper towel hahaha can't
Do 9 plants under a 250 you're hopeless

S

Sesh

I average about 18oz per 600w in coco 7.5 liter pot 2.5 week veg 5 plants

IMG 20160824 165317
Last edited:
zoneblazed

zoneblazed

I know this is an old thread, but for any new growers reading entire threads like always have...( still a newbie for sure)

But I've got 30 plants in 2 liter 6 inch pots in straight coco. Things are looking incredible so far, only 7 days since the flip. Only vegged 4-8 inch clones (SOLID root mass is what I've found works best if you're going straight rooted clone to flip) for 2 days. That's when I see fat ass roots coming out.

You'll also find that they stretch a lot more if put straight to 12/12 from well rooted clone but my strains need that extra stretch for even penetration.
I'm hoping to yield about a pound of this. I'm probably gonna add 6 more seedlings under there in a week or two. I'm getting 100,000 lux average around my canopy so I figure I can raise the light a teeny bit and fit 6 more plants.

I just moved back to California so I'm legal now! And my dad is letting me grow in his shed for now while I'm looking for a place. But anyway, this is the first time I've had space to put the amount of plants I want. Also just upgraded to 600 hps with an xl hood so I'm not losing hardly any light. Hell, I might even add 12 more plants for a total of 42 in a 3x3.5 ft area.

This pic was from like 3 days ago and they've tripled for sure! Good luck everyone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom