how many plants will it take to grow 5-10 pounds

• Thread starter relyt024
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

relyt024

hey my friend grew his first crop the 09 season and is planning for 2010 and hes shooting to get 5-10 pounds next season
i was just wondering what you would have to do and if you could get those kind of rusults.

T

the man with no

depends on what the plant will yield... bit of an open question really - difficult to answer.

R

relyt024

do you guys know what kind of soil, seeds, ect he could use to reach his goal

R

rhino32

How many!

I'm currantly growing 20 clones and I guess this question is for next year...I planted late this years but next June 1st definatly.

In a 30ft by 30ft space... Knowing water and light are important, but from what read so is "Space" for plants to grow... I'll be growing for big yeild ie. Bigbud, black Domina, Ortega, Fucking Incredible. Sticking w/medicinal indica dominate strains. Legally, I can have up to ninty-nine being from cali... so number is not the issue! but realistically, I can put 1every 3ft and get roughly 36plants? Or I can put 1every 2ft and get 50ish?

As far as yeild what would the good members of THCGrower think? More the marrier or less is more?

Rhino32

PS. Computer iliterate so my real email is [email protected]

D

Doobydan

Plant twice as much as you want to harvest. And I would plan if you have a moderate yeilding bunch you could expect anywhere from 4 - 10 zips a plant. Before you buy a strain it will tell you when to expect to harvest and also how much you can expect. With advanced growing methods such as lst or topping or fim'ing you can increase the light penetration hence increasing plant size and vigor. But just like everything else there is exceptions that you wont control...deer pest and people and just being unlucky:sick0004: just plant alot and take as good as care as you can and cross your fingures. :smoke Find out when your last frost date is grow them under some good lights on 15 hours of light...so when you put them out they dont go strait to flower and take 5 or 6 weeks of important growth away from ya. Put them out early in the season and already have them decent size and that my friend is how you get some pounders...along with some compost tea or high dollar nutes. I would go with a high yeilding strain such as big bud decent potency and HUGE yeild. Hope this helps...:joint:

Dooby

S

StormShadow

99 really. i thot u guys were allowed to have 8 mature plants or something like 75 sq ft of canopy space. iff 99 is really ur limit im movin to cali next week and coming to see your doctor.

J

Jalisco Kid

What county allows 99 plants outdoors?
If you want to go big outdoors track down some of Tom Hills grows. The last one I saw he had a 10 lb plant outdoors.JK

Bisquick

Bisquick

yea, i'm not sure there are any 99 plant counties still around.....

mace

mace

Plant count means nothing, it's all about overall area of canopy. We could probably answer the question a little better if we knew the style you intend to grow and your overall grow area.
For example, a plant turned to flowering right from a 6" inch clone will only produce colas up the main stem and likely yield around a half ounce in the right situation. While a plant grown to 24" in veg has the ability to yield 3.5 pounds down to a mere ounce. The variation is al dependent of grow style and light available.

K

kekoa-30

99 plant's wow here in hawaii 7 is all we get as MMJ patients,4 mature an 3 in the veg.stage or seedling stage ,A lot of the MMj patient's dont have enough medicine due too only 7 allowed plants,you have to have a really green thumb or have been growing for a long time then you could grow enough medicine with the 7 plant's allowed .each years harvest ,we get three chance's at harvesting each year four if you are a veteren grower out door's ,but weather ,ripper's ,an alot more variable's come in to play so most of the MMJ patient's grow in pot's so they can move their medicine into a safe palce ,in the ground ,an some monster harvest can be acheived ,but then the chances of it getting ripped is almost garenteed.aloha MMJ patient

B

BennyBlanco

yes greatly depends there are so many factors to outdoor growing
like is it a gurerilla grow or is it going to be in the comfort of your back yard??????
...incets, rippers, animals, cops, bud rot, rain, wind, how much water, sun and nutrients your plants are gettiing....how well you prepare your plots etc.... the list goes on and on....
with that said I would have at least 50 to 80 females out if this is a gurilla grow

bluebuds

bluebuds

for a serious estimate, expect around a QP on a 6-8 foot plant depending on strain, soil nutrients and light available. this is my reference usually to estimate outdoor yeild. so around 20 plants for 5 pounds would be in the ball park, obviously more or less depending on your skill, etc, -bluebuds

G

guanoman

if ya dont get at least a quarter pound your wasting your efforts,be wise shop around for a true producer, try donkey dick or big bud easy to grow and top producers

N

North

for a serious estimate, expect around a QP on a 6-8 foot plant depending on strain, soil nutrients and light available. this is my reference usually to estimate outdoor yeild. so around 20 plants for 5 pounds would be in the ball park, obviously more or less depending on your skill, etc, -bluebuds

I think this is about right, of course your in cali, longer season more light than most of us. clone up a feww good producers, and grow em to 20" at least before you go out with em, you'll get rewarded.

S

spin doc

The Donald Trump approach to gardening is what got me my pedigree. So for me... quality trumps quantity when planning my gureilla grows.

another_sellout

another_sellout

5 to 10 pounds outside is just a matter of committing to your operation. I don't care if you're growing 300 Lowryders or one 15 foot tall sativa monster with a fence a round it, the yield comes from your concern for the plants themselves. What if I told you each pound was two hours of work a week? Reading the leaves for insects and deficiencies, mixing proper nutrients, being there to water when you're supposed to be there to water... invest the time and you'll see the weight.

Top Bottom