How Many Seedlings Can I Get Going With One 120volt 14watt Fluoresent Bulb?

• Thread starter RyanD4200
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RyanD4200

RyanD4200

I have the light in a hole I cut in the tote lid. I was thinking the one bulb would maybe be enough for 4 seedlings in solo cups? If I can get away with doing more someone please let me know! The bulb is 120 volts, 14watts, 800 lumen, 60hertz. My tote is a standard sized tote, I also cut a pretty small, square hole in the side too and I'm planning on putting a fan up to that hole for some fresh air. I plan on throwing them outside by the end of April.

iKharon

iKharon

Get more twistees.. be careful with the fan.. don't wanna stress sprouts. And 1 month from seed will be a decently vegged plant.. you may want to wait or you need more light.

RyanD4200

RyanD4200

Thank you! What would be a good CFL bulb (wattage, volts, hertz, lumens wise) to get, just to get these 4 sprouts (I was going to do 6, but decided to only do 4) going good until the end of April, or may 1st. I'm from Western New York. This is my first grow, and I'm very new to all this, so I appreciate the help :)

xeamonk

xeamonk

23 w cfls are pretty good for seedlings, spectrum isnt really important if you just want to grow a few up quick to go outside this season. id go with 4-6 cfls and that should be plenty to get them going for 4-6 weeks. i've vegged plants for longer with less, but mileage varies and certainly wasnt ideal. T5 tubes would be great!

if they have to stay in a tote then heat would be a concern and maybe look into screw in LED, 9-12w each is plenty there. LEDS still get hot but all at the base.

Top Bottom