how much are dispensaries paying for a pound?

• Thread starter danko
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

Blaze,

PG&E has a statewide CARE (California Alternate Rates for Energy) program which caps a KW hour at 9.5 cents if you earn less than $31, 300 a year for a one or two person household. I am sure that a lot of us do......

A 12,000 watt system running in veg with all the ancillary equipment should only be at worst case $650 per month. If he's paying $1,200 a month he's paying way too much.

It really proves that PG&E are making exorbitant profits from 'regular' consumers in CA.

The Reef

I believe its only a 20% discount off your total bill, and I think most electric companies in California have a CARE program

K

Kobe24

those CARE programs are not stealth....they put you right on the radar

L

Lost

I believe its only a 20% discount off your total bill, and I think most electric companies in California have a CARE program

Nah dude, it's like up to 50% off.... Not that I ever had a $2k bill chopped down to 950 err nothing... :worried hehehe *ok maybe I did...*

Its based on tier usage but if you have a ton of people living in the house, then its drops it alot. I had a place with 4 people claimed and thats what you end up with... 2k worth of electric down to 1k, and you can get medical equiptment deductions on top of that if your trying to kingpen small time it. Gotta have your doc sign off on it and I never went that far. They do check up on your earnings so there is that. But if your poor as fuck and can prove it your good!

:harvest:

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

SSHHH...Keepz we dont want an over flow of cali peepz moving over her and under cutting us thats all thats going on everyone under cutting everyone wifi or really good grown erb is worth 3 a zip all day. Peace HDK

LMFAO u r so right my dude. i was on a fuckton of BHO chocolate when i posted so wasn't thinking, but I was fukn throwed when i read those numbers. cant believe ppl are gettin lowballed like that for top shelf medz. guess there is nothing left to do, but outgrow the mediocre growers now b4 all hell breaks loose in MI -Keepz

OGONLY

OGONLY

You are right on with that estimate G.O.D. of $1200/ month for that set up in residential.

I'm on CARE with 2K, 11,000BTU a/C, dehumid, 400k veg. $360/ month

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

4k flower 2k veg, minispit, all the bells and whistles, 450.00 per month So Cal. Commercial power. Same set up in a Residential home, 1200.00 month.

So it is cheaper in a commercial building???

I know right now on my care program it is .18 for the top tier for residential.

T

turtle_bud

Although I dont have a real job or taxable income I dont have any special CARE package. My bill last month for all utilities was actually 1003.31. The electric was 878.53. Total amount they charge after energy charge, federal environmental charge state surcharge and solar program surcharge is $.12744 kWh. So about 13 cents kWh. I dont know what normal prices are for electric in cali but I was told the area I'm in is very cheap. I'm greatful for that.

I live at this house and use electricity on other things also. I'm not vegging any other plants right now. Gonna get something goin soon though. I am running a 5000 watt heater every night in my greenhouse for atleast 12 hours along with fans and dehumidi's.

You guys are trippen. the guys getting over 3500 outta state have no competition. And I'm sure most of you that think 3000 is low have no more then 4 k in flower. If I sold my indoor for 3000, my greenhouse for 2500, and my outdoor for 1800-2000. I'd still be making over a 100 grand a year. Setups like mine are going to begin to be the small end of the distribution scale. What people consider commercial right now is sad. Before I did this grow a collective was looking into getting a warehouse for me and start with 20 some lights and work our way to 96k with one plant per light. All operated by me. We haven't been able to find a warehouse for lease with a landlord who was willing to let us operate because of current laws between state and federal government.

Once I have enough money to get myself a property and if the laws permit I could build a couple football field sized greenhouses with all automated functions. Just someone to overlook the op and make sure nothing goes wrong. I could easily produce 1000's of lbs with only help for harvesting and running through a trimmer. If you go to mr nice website (not the forum just normal website) and watch shanti's old videos of when he was in switzerland. Now thats commercial. He's got like 11 greenhouse maybe more all filled with over a 1000 plants. I would bet my life that he sold it for very cheap and I bet he gave away a lot of it. He obviously grew over a thousand pounds that year.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

4k flower 2k veg, minispit, all the bells and whistles, 450.00 per month So Cal. Commercial power. Same set up in a Residential home, 1200.00 month.
Same basic set-up. Same bill.

Your comment about marketing one's product- framing it properly and timing it's release is so true. I'm small so it's a bit of a hit and miss proposition on timing, (don't often have that luxury), but I do keep close watch on what my customer base at the dispensaries have to choose from and try to find a niche or two to fill.

I have a LR Moroccan orange flavored pheno that I've branded "Ketama Orange, (land race Moroccan)" to to add some flare. I'm not the guy who's gonna be the first one out w/ the latest and greatest, but I can brand myself as the guy who comes around w/ the funky old genetics every once in awhile. It helps keep the welcome mat out.

T

turtle_bud

I have a LR Moroccan orange flavored pheno that I've branded "Ketama Orange, (land race Moroccan)" to to add some flare. I'm not the guy who's gonna be the first one out w/ the latest and greatest, but I can brand myself as the guy who comes around w/ the funky old genetics every once in awhile. It helps keep the welcome mat out.

Thats cool man. Kinda what I would like to do. I will produce some of the norm strains on a production scheme. And then rarities such as land races and sativa varieties I plan to work with on a smaller scale. I will just need to see if I can find a market for that. First part is starting some seed. Selecting a plant. Maybe show some sample buds around to see what people would pay and see if anyone would like some bulk of it. Then do a larger run.

I think us individual growers. People who dont work with a lot of other people or no one. Need to put quality first. Quality breeds quantity. Fads go in and out. Years ago it was haze. Now it is kush. Dank buds always sell. Gotta find new smells and flavors. Sometimes the old school is the new school.

A lot of what is popular today can all be traced back to similar heritage. And a lot of times when people make new hybrids with old land race it is similar to something that has already been created. I hope the pure sativas become popular again. I would like to see more people growing them.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Couldn't agree w/ you more. I'm getting ready to start some sativa in an attached OD space- 12/12 quickly approaching @ my latitude and the weather is relatively safe now. Still trying to pick the gear- leaning towards a lemon Thai for one. Have to see what else I can shake loose from my benefactor. Sativa's g/w/m doesn't work indoors for me, but there might be a niche for it in the marketplace. $$ are another matter but as you say, the wheel keeps turning.

fractal

fractal

wow this thread is funny.

can't get 2800 these days where I'm at. And we're talking 24.3%thc abusive's og kush, green crack cut, etc. Maybe if i drove to the next city over but here in this county shit is cheap.

I just said fuck it when it comes to stuff like the white and kept it off the market... might be able to get 32, but we're talking 'The White' top quality indoor GORGEOUS nugs.

BTW this is all in montana.

That's fucked and I can't understand it beside nobody in montana has any money. That must be it. Take the shit to washington, market is still priced much more reasonable than anywhere else for some reason. Fuckers still paying 32-36 for canadian bud in washington.

T

turtle_bud

That's fucked and I can't understand it beside nobody in montana has any money. That must be it. Take the shit to washington, market is still priced much more reasonable than anywhere else for some reason. Fuckers still paying 32-36 for canadian bud in washington.

Nobody I know is paying that much for bc anymore. Most people I know only get that if they cant get it anywhere else. The funny thing is though they now get a lot of outdoor from cali that is similar to the old bc in quality. Its all commercial (thats what we used to call it) aka commersh.

It's too bad they dont legalize the sale of medical marijuana and recognize it through the federal government. That could possibly allow california farmers to transport their marijuana to other medical states and conduct legal sales. Such as Washington or colorado, or wherever. This could be huge for californians. It's gonna take a while for these other states to catch up. Good weather and a lot of growers give an abundance of weed. But there are plenty of states that are lacking that right now.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

thought this would b a good place for a little rant
a club ive been dealing with for a while told me today "boss says we cant pay more than 3200 anymore" "we need to get our prices down"
my response was "ill be back when my outdoors done in 8 months, run your business better and the $800 wont really matter"
i understand not wanting to pay, but this place trys to be top shelf only, and i have never walked out with money, theyre consignment only
not to mention if you top shelf is really that good, dont you just need to add a middle shelf?

normally stuff like this makes me question the quality of my meds, but i go over to the neighbors and they take it on 2 day consignment, without trying to talk me down at all

guna walk in with some dirt in the next couple days and tell them this is what they get at 32
if theyre douchbags watchout for some namedropping later in this thread

N

naturalmedicine

Clubs around here will still pay 3600. You can get 4 if its ridiculous. I brought in some Bubba and they told me that nobody wanted that strain anymore before they even took a look. Then they looked at it "for the hell" of it and told me they would give me 19 for the half. I did'nt give it to them because it was all I had and I needed to squeeze as much out of it as I could. I'm pretty sure it was on consignment, did'nt ask though. They told me if it was some exotic strain they would give me 2. Another club I did some volunteer work for was paying anywhere form 32-42, depending on quality. I grow organic, so maybe that adds to the price. I did'nt tell them it was organic, but the smell and look spoke for itself. Gotta love that Bubba! A lot of the meds I see posted on here should easily pull 36. It's always good to have something thats not mainstream though. They should be paying 4 for top shelf. They make a killing on it. 60 plus tax for an 1/8, or even 50 is extremely profitable. Top shelf flies out the door.

MountainWalker

MountainWalker

wow this thread is funny.

can't get 2800 these days where I'm at. And we're talking 24.3%thc abusive's og kush, green crack cut, etc. Maybe if i drove to the next city over but here in this county shit is cheap.

I just said fuck it when it comes to stuff like the white and kept it off the market... might be able to get 32, but we're talking 'The White' top quality indoor GORGEOUS nugs.

BTW this is all in montana.

2800 for Abusive Og? All due respect but I just can't believe any OG going for below 3000 anywhere. If so then
we have entered a new era, imo. Any farmers thoughts?

K

Kobe24

2800 is about right for Crap...if it was grown right...we all know your getting cashed out for more then that ...i know a bro that gets paid in full 5 or 10 units 4k per each....OG Kush that makes your mouth taste like you just sucked on lemon heads...not even the super one hit knock you out shit....just insane insane taste and smell....4K all day...another bro...had some dank ass Tahoe and it didnt have that same smell or taste but way stronger high....the club the same one that cashed out at 4K only gave 3600 for the Tahoe...all strains were grown bomb and went 65 days ....

I find that delivery service collectives pay with more respect to quality/price..I mean they see some bomb shit...they will give u more then the clubs..

M

mrdizzle

Havent heard form anyone actually getting more than 3200 at clubs, all you " my friend got 4 blah blah blah" and get lost and come back when the story is " I get 4". this hearsay bullshit is weak

2800-3200 and be thankful in cali, tons of people grow "the fire" not just you! ( everyone thinks their shit speaks for itself if you havent noticed) so feel lucky your selling anything with all the warehouses out there

Top Bottom