How much cal/mag is enough?

• Thread starter soaringfast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soaringfast

soaringfast

I have been using coco the last few months and I have been having good success. In the beginning I think I was using too much cal mag and have been backing way off with no ill effects.
So, how often should I use it? Perhaps every 3rd watering?

I grow in beds with drain to waste with a ec around 1.6

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

id think youd want to use smaller amounts regularly

the biggest deal is what is in your base

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Are you using reverse osmosis water or tap? What nutes are you using? Cal Mag is for RO water. Every gallon used for feeding at all stages, unless you have some other supplement. With Canna coco nutes I use up to 8ml per gallon when the coco is fresh, and plants are younger. I taper to 5ml through late veg and the first four weeks of flower. Then I taper off to none at all over the next week or so. I also am running CNS17 nutes, and no CaMg at all since it has a good amount of calcium and magnesium already. Both are run drip to waste. Veg is 1.4, flower 1.6-2.2 depending on the nutes and the week of flower.

-TF

nuttso

nuttso

Hello there,

with ro and new coco you will need to supply some additional calmag. Just start with ro water and add calmag till your ec is 0.4. Than put your base in it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have been using coco the last few months and I have been having good success. In the beginning I think I was using too much cal mag and have been backing way off with no ill effects.
So, how often should I use it? Perhaps every 3rd watering?

I grow in beds with drain to waste with a ec around 1.6
You haven't told us how you prepared the coco, what brand of Cal-Mag, nor at what rates you're using it, let alone what strains you're growing. So all I can say is to experiment with it.

I ended up separating Ca and Mg and feeding those alternately, which allows you to bump up saturation of other stuff if need be. Mostly my thing is I'm really cheap and hate wasting nutrients because it's a waste of money, so prefer to do things a little backwards from how others approach them. Feeding is the big one, I always go as low as I can possibly get away with, whereas most other growers I know push as hard as they can, then have to back off.

I would start with every other watering, or, as the cheesy guy says, feed at a lower saturation rate, but on a regular basis.

soaringfast

soaringfast

You all have answered my question.
I am basically giving 10ml per gal the first watering and than backing off.
Towards the end I am not giving any at all.

Sense I reuse my coco the second time around is really easy and things look better the longer I use the coco.

Thanks everyone

I

ibTheMan

Coco holds the shit out of Calmag you probably dont need hardy any anymore. 5 to 10ml per gallon are regular doses.

nuttso

nuttso

Mostly my thing is I'm really cheap and hate wasting nutrients because it's a waste of money, so prefer to do things a little backwards from how others approach them. Feeding is the big one, I always go as low as I can possibly get away with, whereas most other growers I know push as hard as they can, then have to back off.

LOL yes,

why feeding 2.4 ec when 1.8 gets u at the same level just. just cause the plant can take it doesn't mean it needs it.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Originally Posted by Seamaiden
viewpost.gif

Mostly my thing is I'm really cheap and hate wasting nutrients because it's a waste of money, so prefer to do things a little backwards from how others approach them. Feeding is the big one, I always go as low as I can possibly get away with, whereas most other growers I know push as hard as they can, then have to back off.
Yep. That's my way, as well. Kinda have a saucier's mindset- learn 3 sauces, a couple of reductions, an emulsion and some purees and you have the foundation for essentially every sauce that's been devised.

Transferring that to nutes- I've learned my base and add-subtract-improvise from there. Probably why I cooked in my youth and didn't apply for a lab job. lol It's easier to add ingredients to get to the right consistency and flavor than it is to take things away.

zeusk9

zeusk9

sorry hijak thread if using coco r/o and canna ab and rizotonic with seedling how much call mag recomend

H

heisen

Depends on the plants.they will tell you when they need it.if you dont see any rust spots or yellowing between the veins your good.
Take note as usually less is better but if you start to see issues than increase the dosage accordingly and write it down.keep logs on everything.i have an og that needs 7ml per gallon but chem strains that can get by with 3.
Also more light and elevated C02 levels will make them cal mag deficient.
There is no set number for this kind of shit.be a pro active grower not a reactive

zeusk9

zeusk9

Depends on the plants.they will tell you when they need it.if you dont see any rust spots or yellowing between the veins your good.
Take note as usually less is better but if you start to see issues than increase the dosage accordingly and write it down.keep logs on everything.i have an og that needs 7ml per gallon but chem strains that can get by with 3.
Also more light and elevated C02 levels will make them cal mag deficient.
There is no set number for this kind of shit.be a pro active grower not a reactive
like this? lot browner / rust than tell in pic super cheese fem

31765699 10217021552309907 797186715147042816 n
31870336 10217021551669891 8686928083258703872 n
31914233 10217021552949923 6469035576086495232 n
31933375 10217021551189879 8593899108807213056 n
Top Bottom