How much do dispensaries buy wax for?

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by bloads, Oct 26, 2011.

1. bloads

bloads Active Farmer

Since dispensaries sell their wax from $50-80 per gram, what price do they buy it at? 30-50? What quantities do they tend to deal with, minimum?

2. baba G

baba G bean sprouts are tasty Staff Member

I'm guessing it varies from club to club on the quantities, and again with the prices for sure. Most likely they pay half of what they market it at, but again that is variable.

3. baba G

baba G bean sprouts are tasty Staff Member

p.s. if its really good quality I'd imagine they will work with whatever quantity you have...

4. Landfishd

Landfishd Well-Known Farmer

If it's really good you'll get $20 or 25, and if they have the money they'll buy everything you got.

edit: oh you were asking about minimum. yes like baba said if it's good they want it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 300

5. Norcaloilman

Norcaloilman New Farmer

It varies depending on starting material. Some oils are too expensive for them to buy. For instance, if I make oil with an ounce of herb that I pay say $240 and I get 6 grams, I have to get $40 per gram plus materials and time. The club I sell to will not pay that price. But I make oil from outdoor herb I grew and I need to get $140 an oz and I get 5 grams it's like $30. B grade buds get about $25 and good trim oil $20. They have paid as high as $32.50 for this... http://i1112.invalid.com/albums/k482/norcaloilman/BHO/c16a9f66.jpg

Wax kid likes this.
  6. Landfishd

Landfishd Well-Known Farmer

I haven't witnessed any club paying more than $30 for any kind of oil in a few years... If it's good oil and it's crumbly dry (IMO what the dispensaries want) you can't tell the difference whether it was made from buds or trim. Only difference is yield which the club has no idea what your yield was.

cannakis likes this.
  7. cali Green

cali Green Farmer

lately ive been seeing bho oil lookn to bho budder waxy to fullmelt lookn for about 30-45 on avg lately some are still keeping it at 50.

This Collective Elemental Wellness always have good earwax/budder .. that is normally tested 50-70%thc deponding on the strain for 35... sometimes o2 wax ..

8. Moe Danks

Moe Danks Farmer

I'm no dispensary, but i would never pay more than $35 a g, and that would have to be the best of the best.

9. Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut Hashish Moderator mofos Staff Member

well sometimes it cost more than that to make it. for example if an oz of weed cost 200, and you get 4 grams of oil from it, it costs 50 a gram, plus you have to make it and buy the butane.

fishwhistle likes this.
  10. Norcaloilman

Norcaloilman New Farmer

Exactly my point. I tend to keep that oil for head stash since the club won't pay more than $35. And there is some that I really have to get $50+ for just to break even.

cannakis and Wax kid like this.
  11. bloads

bloads Active Farmer

Damn, sounds like I sold myself short by asking for 25 off the bat.... you guys killed my confidence! :sad0071: Definitely asking for 30+ next time, especially when my wax got these reviews on weedmaps:
    source

First time selling anything to a dispensary, so forgive me if I brag/toot-my-horn a bit.

It's kind of funny that the guy mentioned the 'sour' taste in the diablo og batch, I threw in some sourD into that batch.

cannakis and Wax kid like this.
  12. Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski Well-Known Farmer

That's 2 ounces where I'm at.

13. cannakis

cannakis Active Farmer

Damn are you serious? What state? Out here is 50g for Shitty oil that's like reclaim! The lowest was 45 for stable shatter... Some sell for 80... Live resin at stores is Minimum 50 usually 70 and sometimes 120g!
    hell yeah congratulations! Yeah brother ALWAYS no matter what in Everything Ask for the Lowest price you'd pay and the Highest price you want to sell. Because Then it Only goes down. If you start low TRYST ME NO ONE will Raise the cost after you offered a lower cost. But you live and you learn and you know for the future. Congratulations though

14. juiceyjay

juiceyjay Well-Known Farmer

Lol out here in cali you can get better quality wax then the club has for cheaper. I get co2 for 35 a gram. Any crumble is 30. But if you go to the club they want 40-50 a gram for shit wax that looks black or dark brown and 70 for co2 when they have it. Which is never

cannakis likes this.
  15. cannakis

cannakis Active Farmer

Crazy.!

16. juiceyjay

juiceyjay Well-Known Farmer

Lol are you stupid? Wait I'm dumb for even asking, of course you are posting something like that

17. usstoner

usstoner Well-Known Farmer

Your a dumbass...go away.

18. Mr SG

Mr SG New Farmer

I use outdoor and greenhouse trim have a cls and a vac oven. use n propane cost me about 4 to 5 dollars to make a gram. sell to clubs 10 to 15 dollars a gram based on quality. sell edible grade for 7 to 8 a gram.

19. rmoltis

rmoltis Well-Known Farmer

Lmfao

20. jbaroni

jbaroni New Farmer

there are so many variables that go into this. typically they like to double their money on their products in my experience