How much do you pay your trimmers?

• Thread starter MTgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MTgrower

I'm just curious to see what some of the commercial dispensaries pay their trimmers. Obviously, I'm not interested in what you pay someone to run an auto trimmer.

Do you guys pay by the hour, or by a set price for X amount of weight.

What is the standard? 10 bucks an hour?

M

Monkeymonk840

I'm not in a med setting but I pay 1/8 per 2 ounces. And I get em high and feed em usually. But they will steal from you if you don't help out. Even if u paid them more! Unless they are your innercircle. (and maybe even stI'll)

Blaze

Blaze

Standard rate is usually between $150 and $200. Some people pay as much as $250 but I rarely see that. I pay $150 per lb (or trade for one oz), plus provide a place to stay and provide food, etc. A good trimmer can still make $25+ an hour at that rate.

Never pay by the hour for most trim work - you will lose a lot of money most likely. People tend to slack off a LOT more when you pay them hourly. Plus often some people are much better and faster at it than others - paying everyone the same rate isn't very fair to your employees IMO. The people who are better/harder workers should always earn more.

A lot of trimmers are prima donna's IMO and want far more than their actual vale. I've definitely seen trimmers who think THEY run the show. The bottom line is they are menial workers doing a menial job. If they were doing this sort of work in a legal industry they would be making at most $10 an hour.

I

ibTheMan

$1600 for ah trimpr rotor w/workstation and forget the trimmers.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
20 bux an hour and i provide food and drink. never ran a bunch of lights tho. 6k or less takes 4 people roughly 4-5 hours to do a pound. if u had a bunch paying by the pound would be the way to go

I

ibTheMan

If you don't care about quality that is.....

it will do better then most people do trim'n, it did my haze's great, bubba, and many others.
so if you havent owned or used a rotor you dont know how it will do, i do cause i own one, and soon to b 2 or 3.

Trimpro 002
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

wow ib man you always provide proof for the pudding. Even though its cheaper to get a trimmer like yours, I personally prefer to provide work form my friends. Looks great though!

L

Luck Dragon

I've help set up 4 other grow ops here in missoula 3 were local "commercial" disp. 1 was a home based business all legal I-148 compliant.I and the actual owners would each do about 1lb every 4 hours by hand by myself, beginner trimmers that have only been doing it on a regular basis for the past 6-8mths would take about 5-6 depending on the person. The commercial shops were try to get me a $150.00 per lbs produced and the home based business would pay $200.00 per lbs.The commercial shops were always really worried about their bottom line and now that I own commercial space too, I do too!Personally my help gets $200.00 per lbs plus food and drink. I think that the local community is were it should always start,but I have been searching for the "proof "as u say with those trimmers (not just a sales ad) and I think after looking at that pic I gonna seriously consider it, just use my patient/helpers as pure processors on those things and at least still give them 1/2 weight processing since were using the machine and it done in 30 mins.,the machine pays for itself in two weeks so there's not a real loss and the trimmers don't really lose either just stream lines a little bit faster

M

MTgrower

I'm not down with auto trimmers. Just not my thing. They handle the buds way more roughly that I would ever treat my girls during a trim. I'm a firm believer in quality being directly related to how much, and how delicately the buds have been handled.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who has shared with me. I'm assuming you mean by the wet pound. I used to work as a production fly tyer for Calvin "Rusty" Gates and we got paid by the dozen flies. Most patterns were $12 a dozen and if you weren't making $25 an hour, you hadn't dialed in your game on that pattern. I see similarity between tying flies and trimming buds. I'm definitely going to switch to a payment by weight system.

backpackballer

backpackballer

depends

we pay 200 per lb for hand trim, and 100 per lb to prep for rolling thunder(biggest waste of my cash ever)

L

Luck Dragon

I'm not down with auto trimmers. Just not my thing. They handle the buds way more roughly that I would ever treat my girls during a trim. I'm a firm believer in quality being directly related to how much, and how delicately the buds have been handled.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who has shared with me. I'm assuming you mean by the wet pound. I used to work as a production fly tyer for Calvin "Rusty" Gates and we got paid by the dozen flies. Most patterns were $12 a dozen and if you weren't making $25 an hour, you hadn't dialed in your game on that pattern. I see similarity between tying flies and trimming buds. I'm definitely going to switch to a payment by weight system.

NO.It is 200 for dry worth amount.25% of what they trim is what they are paid.I do 4.25 lbs worth of wet trim every 4 hours by hand the dry percentage rate of all weed is about 22% of beginning weight.Each plant that you grow usually contains about a 1 lbs to 3 lbs of wet trim depending on how you grow.Most people around here get about 2-4 oz per plant with a 4-5 week veg. I would never in a million years pay someone 200 per lb of wet trim.On the low end,that $200.00 would be 50% of your profit per plant when dry and even if you went on the high side that would be 25% per plant trimmed and dried .Its always 25 % of what they trim or an average of / 50 an hr OR($200.00 for every 4 hrs)/ for what they are trimming if you stray away for that the grower loses big time!

T

TheRealBoss

yeah man it's $200 per dry pound. We never trim wet. If you have a someone that can trim a dry pound in 4 hours - never let them go...lol. I have several friends who bought machines and imho I would never use them on indoor...ever. Now if you are only getting 1500 - 2000 lb for your outdoor then maybe. It's hard to pay a trimmer 20% of a pound for one days work - hence I know several people that have started dropping the amount they pay their workers or that have bought the machines. I have yet to meet one person in my life who has been happy with the job the machines do. One perk for sure is no trimmer drama....lol

J

JimBob

Having worked for hourly and per lb, hourly sucks!

It's insulting to watch newbie and/or slow trimmers make the same as you, when you are trimming 2-4x what they do.

I like trimming a lot and find it very relaxing. When I get in the zone, watch out!

Hmm, how do I get bonded and start a one man trimming service? lol

L

Luck Dragon

Having worked for hourly and per lb, hourly sucks!

It's insulting to watch newbie and/or slow trimmers make the same as you, when you are trimming 2-4x what they do.

I like trimming a lot and find it very relaxing. When I get in the zone, watch out!

Hmm, how do I get bonded and start a one man trimming service? lol

That's funny you say that .There is a man here in montana that claims to be some real connoisseur that wants to provide the service of smoking and sampling your goods and reviewing it for you.Not even a lab test just a simple reviewer like a food critic does.I'll have to look it up again.

J

JimBob

That's funny you say that .There is a man here in montana that claims to be some real connoisseur that wants to provide the service of smoking and sampling your goods and reviewing it for you.Not even a lab test just a simple reviewer like a food critic does.I'll have to look it up again.

LOL.

I'd rather smoke my own. Trimming is for pay.

Blaze

Blaze

Damn, I want that job!

Latest posts

Top Bottom