How much do you pay your trimmers?

• Thread starter MTgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danbridge

Danbridge

Getting paid by the pound not by the hour is much more of an appropriate start for bud trimmers. $100 a pound is a crapload of money. The bud that is being trimmed for that price better sell for $30 a g.
I will trim bud by hand with sissors for 12 hours a day for free. Well, not exactly free. I would enjoy a few smoke breaks (the grower supplies the meds.) and a lunch. Just put me in a room with a radio, maybe a fan leaf trimming machine, and sissors to get the sugar leaves by hand. I inspect for mold, spider mites and worms. I enjoy the work. It relaxes me.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

i pay my trimmers $150 a p, my guy thats on salary gets $100, my trimmers who i feel trim the nicest buds i pay $200, when my wife trims i pay her in seamen.

Cort

Cort

Used to trade labor with a buddy. Day for day, be it trimming or digging holes for his outdoor. Balanced out.

Same dude one year decided he didnt want to fuck with the trim from his outdoor stuff so he told his trimmers they would divide it up when done. All his smoke got a very very close trim that year. Last time he did that.

fractal

fractal

Ape how come someone on "salary" gets paid so much less? I can't figure that one out.

vaporedout

vaporedout

100 is right around what i get. and usually a few grams for the ride home :) there are times he tells me, this next LB, he wants more sugar leaves, so that lb takes me 4 hours. then the next guy wants perfectly manicured buds, so that one takes me 5 1/2 hours. i dont like smoking to much when trimming, the smell turns me off after a few OZ's of trimming, but i will DEVOUR some scissor hash afterwards. either way, never a complaint here..... sitting around tons of buds, makin good money, being in the country. awesome. BTW trimmer for hire here :) message me

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
100 is right around what i get. and usually a few grams for the ride home :) there are times he tells me, this next LB, he wants more sugar leaves, so that lb takes me 4 hours. then the next guy wants perfectly manicured buds, so that one takes me 5 1/2 hours. i dont like smoking to much when trimming, the smell turns me off after a few OZ's of trimming, but i will DEVOUR some scissor hash afterwards. either way, never a complaint here..... sitting around tons of buds, makin good money, being in the country. awesome. BTW trimmer for hire here :) message me
4 hrs a lb? wow, vaporedout scissorhands :eek:
Takes people double that time in the Triangle...

Camdawg

Camdawg

4 hours.... that's incredible somewhat improbable too sorry. Seems like every kid who ever trimmed once says they can do a pack in no time. It takes a good trimmer 8-10 hours about a solid day of work. Always pay by weight and trim quality ie how close the trimmer got to what you wanted. 150 if the punk left stems and leaves or hacked buds 200 for commercial and if you want full trim every leaf and twig AAAA cut give the boys 250. Trimmers! Bring food water scissors gloves bed roll and anything you will need nothing you don't. I love getting fed but I came to work not have a sleep over.

vaporedout

vaporedout

4 hours.... that's incredible somewhat improbable too sorry. Seems like every kid who ever trimmed once says they can do a pack in no time. It takes a good trimmer 8-10 hours about a solid day of work. Always pay by weight and trim quality ie how close the trimmer got to what you wanted. 150 if the punk left stems and leaves or hacked buds 200 for commercial and if you want full trim every leaf and twig AAAA cut give the boys 250. Trimmers! Bring food water scissors gloves bed roll and anything you will need nothing you don't. I love getting fed but I came to work not have a sleep over.
i sit down, im showed a bud trimmed. this is how they want it. i duplicate that. if they say, anything with crystals on it, KEEP. think about how easy that is.... take your soda can size colas (the customer wants BIG buds) and just pick off all the fans and lay the scissors sideways and trim, as if it were hair. whoever is buying it likes it that way so after about 15lbs i got good and quick. i dont smoke while im doing it, i just sit there listening to my TALK radio and sip on water. howard stern show is 4 hours and some change and the wrap up show is 35 minutes. so my 4 hour time is actually 4 and a half/three quarters. ill admit, when i trim with other people, it takes a lot longer. but an hour drive to get to the place, im gonna trim as fast as i can so i dont spend the night :) and where are you at? 150 for what it sounds like i do, ill give you a hand :) ive just been spoiled, i trim my own stuff and this old guys stuff, i like my buds with a lil leaf on them (anything crystal) just like he likes me to trim so i havent trimmed for anyone too picky. ive seen the club stuff trimmed perfectly and know that would take me a while to do

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I dish out 1/16th of the dried herb they trim. They get "paid" from the pile they trim too so everyone tends to do a good job...Growing good weed seems to help keep good, eager, hard working folks around too.;)

below frigid

below frigid

I give them 100 plus a zip per, for a nice tight trim. Not AAAA but A - AA is good. LOL

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
What's wrong with 4 hours on a bow? that's about right as an average....depending on the strain I might be able to pull it in less.

vaporedout

vaporedout

If you don't hate trimming... then you haven't trimmed much. If you arn't willing to pay 200 per then you haven't trimmed much.
i dont hate trimming, just the smell of uncured weed :) i got a deal when it came down to the fluffy stuff, he bumped it up 50 bucks a lb. he had some very dry headband that he did the same deal with me on.

and i am talking about outdoor buds, big dense outdoor arms :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom