How much do you pay your trimmers?

• Thread starter MTgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

i think we need to define what trimming means here manicuring. Yes its possible to "trim" a LB of large buds in 4 hours if youre just taking the shag off. Thats not a finished job for most consumers and will need to be fine trimmed or manicured later by some poor fellow cursing the half assed job the last trimmer did. trimming is not just taking off fan and going around the bud in a circle to create a bud shape, its going in between every bit of the bud and removing the leaf stalk where it connects to the stem of the bud.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
thought the discussion was trimming...I do one trim...why keep revisiting the trim...do it right and call it done. Hell my wife can trim up a bow in about 4 hours.....c'mon...8 hours...sounds like a social event

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Ape how come someone on "salary" gets paid so much less? I can't figure that one out.
Because I he's double dipping when he trims. He gets paid weekly for other services.

Hahaha! Seamen.. What a lucky lady.
Yeah she is, she freaking saved that shit up and went and made another baby too.

Ok then I stand corrected. Can I trim for you please?
Maybe
If you don't hate trimming... then you haven't trimmed much. If you arn't willing to pay 200 per then you haven't trimmed much.
Damn right. I'm just about done with trimming soon it'll just be my guys doing it and me barking orders while I watch baseball.

I dish out 1/16th of the dried herb they trim. They get "paid" from the pile they trim too so everyone tends to do a good job...Growing good weed seems to help keep good, eager, hard working folks around too.;)
I give them an option to take a zip a p too, the dudes that get $200 a p I give a zip and $50

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

The quickest I've seen any of my flowers trimmed was 6 hours for a p of Chemdog #4, everyone else hits 8-10 hours regularly. I'm expecting a top shelf trim n my flowers, can't be leaving leafs and shit on there if I want top $$$$. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I defan everything and take off any leafs I don't want in the oil pile.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
how much do you and your wife trim /grow ? have you ever hired trimmers b4 ?

my neighbors wife told me she could do 5lbs a day but when she came to work she quit on day 1 and said it was because my weed was "too potent" for her to trim .

Not sure how much trimming or growing has to do with it...the wifey trims about 3 times a week...I have been growing everyday for about 13+ years. Think of it like a job...I get there..blaze down...turn on the radio and WORK! Someone wants to pay me a flat rate to do anything...shit I am motivated..I'd get that done so I could move on to making more money...gotta keep hustling. No Breaks n shit...hell a smoke break goes from a quick puff to other things as you are distracted. Hell I want that shit over with anyhow...feel me.

Yes I have hired trimmers before...and they were slower than hell. Mainly from doing something different and not used to. I would invest in them...I would pay them enuff to make sure they would return on call. Then they would eventually get faster and better...gotta train employees ...hell you gotta train even your pet...right? Then I would break it down for them...here is what I will pay you...you can take 8 hours and make X or get faster and better and making the same amount...but what you make per hour goes up. Hell some people don't look at it like that...break it down and their mind starts working. I had one trimmer that no matter what he moved slower than my kids would with safety scissors hacking at it....I swithced him to hourly...figuring anything I didn't have to trim gave me time in the garden. He was happy with the hourly...and I would finish up that day. The switch worked out for my situation...

LMAO..the part about the weed being too potent...lol...WTH did that have to do with the trimming...some people are funny huh?

lol i think 4hrs sounds about right if your leaving all the sugar leaves on .

This would be considering prepping for trim...leaving sugar leaves...

fractal

fractal

"Too potent to trim?" Maybe too sticky, gumming up her scissors and shit? That makes absolutely no sense. WTF was her deal? I don't think she knew what she was talking about, nobody can do more than 3 pounds a day and that would be some primo Sour D with no sugar leaves or similar chunky leafless strain. Maybe 5 pounds using a trim machine I would believe.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
300/#

Roughly 10% of the gross.

Doesn't matter what strain. Some take 6 hours some take 16. I break it all down first myself. remove all fans, and buck off the flowers in to the turkey bag. Separate the larf as well.

I'm the fastest in the crew, so that helps motivate people as well. :D

fractal

fractal

"Tried to sell your trim back to you?" For real? What the hell that is some funny shit right there. What did you tell her, that it was already your trim and she could go pound sand? I LOVE hearing stupid people stories like this. . . Unbelievable. How much did she ask for?

GI JO

GI JO

I've been using my same girls for a long time, they are all friends, none smoke! The work day is usually from about 8-5, I always make a different soup & sandwich for lunch and provide supper as well. For us it's a nice little social get together, women do things a bit differently I think. When done, it's time for some drinks and then we play this great card/board game callled.....TFG, That Fucking Game. The tunes get turned up real loud, everyone usually has to take a cab home cause we are all pretty wasted.

Everyone, at least once, has had the experience of kinda being overcome by sitting in a room for a long time with the bud. Even with gloves, it kind of gets into every pore, sent some pretty fucked up people home ! BTW, got a couple of them smoking now and then, haven't been hearing any complaints;)

vaporedout

vaporedout

300/#

Roughly 10% of the gross.

Doesn't matter what strain. Some take 6 hours some take 16. I break it all down first myself. remove all fans, and buck off the flowers in to the turkey bag. Separate the larf as well.

I'm the fastest in the crew, so that helps motivate people as well. :D
i would gladly come trim for ya ;)

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
yep was my sisters mom and it was the first and only time she trimmed for me .think she was kinda used to taken advantage of me and getting away with it . she never came up with a price tag was less then an oz of trim i told her she could keep it if she wanted to and she didn't want it lol said she had no use for it or anyone to sell it to besides me . was pretty funny but sad cause i thought i knew her .

Just trying to sell a grower trim is funny itself but try to sell the trim to the guy who paid you....That's some funny shit DUDE! That's awesome...

fractal

fractal

JON you should have said "yeah, looks like about 800 bucks maybe" and then just ignored it while she hassled you for her windfall.

D

Dikil

Hey guys, I'm new here and i don't know if its the good section but i would like to know if a french guy like me could come to your state and work as a trimer with a visa vacation/work of six months.
Do you hire guys like me ( with a serious background of growing, harvesting and triming), how do i meet people who need hands to trim ?

Thanks a lot for you answers

N

narukosmith

Dont feed the trolls.
You didnt start a fight. You asked for opinions
I gave my opinion and then got attacked by two trolls.
Its really quite simple.
These two people have NO CLUE about what they are talking about. PERIOD!
blah blah blah
LOL as far as i can tell, you are all fucking peasants and stupid fucking ones at that. TRIMMERS; YOU GET PAID 1 OZ PER LB. END OF STORY. IF THEY TRY TO PAY YOU LESS, FUCK EM. IF THEY PAY YOU MORE YOU ARE LUCKY. 1 LB SHOULD TAKE ABOUT 5 HOURS GIVE OR TAKE AN HOUR. THATS AVERAGE. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE I was 9 SO YEA.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

i dont hate trimming, just the smell of uncured weed :) i got a deal when it came down to the fluffy stuff, he bumped it up 50 bucks a lb. he had some very dry headband that he did the same deal with me on.

and i am talking about outdoor buds, big dense outdoor arms :)

See im a weirdo in that I have an underlying mental health condition that allows me to focus ENTIRELY on the plant anfter plant WITHOUT experiencing boredom........wanna know how???????? I talk to myself, the plants, lol yep im a whackado but when I trim I take my concerta and DO WORK! please believe that. You just gotta enjoy this plant at a level like me is all, anything in life worth while involes tedious/monotony that some cant hack.....that's why we military members call that separating the groupies from the rockstars! Yes I am free! lmao!

T

toquer

I used to pay strippers with xanax! Now I'm stuck doing it myself again.

Top Bottom