How Much Has Cannabis Helped You?

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

I know this is a little off topic. But I'm extremely curious to see if anyone is willing to share their stories of how cannabis has helped them overcome struggles.

For me I've never had a stable home or much guidance, so by the time I was 14 i was riding with friends doing a lot of messed up things. Around 20 i kinda broke and around 23 i became a complete recluse. I stopped speaking to all my friends, I was tired of doing bad everytime I walked out my home.

4 years ago I started taking sertaline which is a SSRI and for whatever reason i still hadn't thought of weed. Out of all people my Aunt came over with a preroll and my anxiety was so mild.

Been a smoker since. My life is starting to get better. I'm not angry constantly and I'm definitely not as lost. Oh and I dont take sertraline anymore. It did help. ALOT. But nothing compared to cannabis.

I know theres much more tragic stories out there then mine and if theres even a chance somebody would read something like this and find their way then I feel obligated to do it.

Hope this is an ok place to put this please share some stories if you guys are up to it :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I know this is a little off topic. But I'm extremely curious to see if anyone is willing to share their stories of how cannabis has helped them overcome struggles.

For me I've never had a stable home or much guidance, so by the time I was 14 i was riding with friends doing a lot of messed up things. Around 20 i kinda broke and around 23 i became a complete recluse. I stopped speaking to all my friends, I was tired of doing bad everytime I walked out my home.

4 years ago I started taking sertaline which is a SSRI and for whatever reason i still hadn't thought of weed. Out of all people my Aunt came over with a preroll and my anxiety was so mild.

Been a smoker since. My life is starting to get better. I'm not angry constantly and I'm definitely not as lost. Oh and I dont take sertraline anymore. It did help. ALOT. But nothing compared to cannabis.

I know theres much more tragic stories out there then mine and if theres even a chance somebody would read something like this and find their way then I feel obligated to do it.

Hope this is an ok place to put this please share some stories if you guys are up to it :)
you might PM a mod and see if they can move your thread to a more suitable location. Right now your in grow diaries...……. :D

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
As you I didn’t have a great home life growing up. Was abused physically and mentally on a daily basis for years. My parents got a divorce when I was 15. I had always been a care taker for my younger brother so we were very close. Best friends through out life. Anyhow at about age 16 I wanted to start a new life. Forget about the past and move forward with a new more outgoing personality. I switched schools and start going to a school in a tiny town in northern Michigan. All in the sudden I was the new kid and got all sorts of attention. Good and bad.

I started hanging around kids who I thought were cool. They smoked a lot of weed and invited me into their group with open arms. I in turn did the same with others. Soon our group grew to include nearly everyone in town. There was only about 300 people total so it didn’t take too long for word to spread and soon practically the entire town partied with one another.

About this time I was kicked out of my house. And started living in a tent. Over the years I contemplated ending it all numerous times. And everytime I’d spark up one last joint and that joint would talk me out of it. Often it would bring me to tears thinking about loved ones I’d be leaving behind and what it would do to them if I wasn’t around.

Over the years I’ve battled with depression on and off. You can’t erase the past and you can’t fix things that have been done to you. Smoking cannabis gave me a sense of control and allowed me to melt away the thoughts that haunt me.

I’ve said a few times the plant don’t owe me anything and yet it continues to give to me on a daily basis. Been a daily smoker since I was 16 (nearly 25 years) and don’t see myself stopping anytime soon. I’ve had times where I couldn’t smoke and often turned to drinking to self medicate. But the minute I can smoke I always do. It’s been a driving force of empathy in my life as I put myself in other peoples shoes. It helps keep me from getting angry and taking out my frustrations on others. It helps me see things from a different perspective.

I was once told that smoking cannabis allows you to see the world for the first time everyday. And that’s something that I’d like to help others experience as well. So my quest in life is to give back to the plant any way I can. And hopefully it saves someone else’s life like it did mine.

F

FutureGrower

I’ve said a few times the plant don’t owe me anything and yet it continues to give to me on a daily basis. Been a daily smoker since I was 16 (nearly 25 years) and don’t see myself stopping anytime soon. I’ve had times where I couldn’t smoke and often turned to drinking to self medicate. But the minute I can smoke I always do. It’s been a driving force of empathy in my life as I put myself in other peoples shoes. It helps keep me from getting angry and taking out my frustrations on others. It helps me see things from a different perspective.

I was once told that smoking cannabis allows you to see the world for the first time everyday. And that’s something that I’d like to help others experience as well. So my quest in life is to give back to the plant any way I can. And hopefully it saves someone else’s life like it did mine.

Genuinely this is the part that changed my life. I was too fucking angry and couldn't see anybody as anything except a threat anymore at one point.

I heard kevin jordry use this phrase and I've been using it ever since, cannabis has the ability to remove your inner personal conflicts within yourself to see things for reality rather than what your past has taught you.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was 12 years old it was 1982. First time was a Saturday night me and my 2 best buds told our parents we were going roller skating. I had no idea I was going to smoke the herb that night. It was all down hill at first from there. I basically dropped out of school. I was what you would call a “trouble maker”. It was about a year when I was 13 my step mom told my dad either I go or she’s leaving so out the door I went. I remember that night vividly, I was frying on acid when I got home that night. My dads face melted as he was crying and packing my bags. I always retreated back to smoking herb in between my bouts of drug abuse. From the cocaine to the crank to the meth herb was always there to help me deal with the ways I fucked up my life. Through out my 20s it was up and down constantly dealing with life for me was extremely difficult until I met my wife when I was 26. She and the herb pulled me out the gutter, luckily saving my life in my opinion. herb has always been there to enlighten our lives and help in its own magical ways.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Father is an alcoholic, actually the whole family is alcoholic on my fathers side. Its genetic. I started drinking heavily when i was 16. When i hit 20, the shit got out of hand. At least a bottle of hard liquor every night. After 7 years, went to hospital one night with an unstoppable nose bleed. Turns out that my blood pressure was 220/140.
By this time i was already having some other problems like gout and fatty liver. So finally, i said fuck this shit. If i keep doing this i’ll be dead before i hit 40. Bought from dealers for some time but after a while i decided that i want personalised strains instead of the same generic shit that is not grown properly or organically.
That started my growing journey. I’m truly happy how shit turned out. I used to literally count the hours till my next drink and i could just leave everything to get one drink. My life was that drink. Now, when i’m with my friends or a beautiful woman or two :) i don’t need to leave for a drink, i don’t need to smoke cannabis either. I can finally have fun just sipping coffee and having a conversation without getting angry and miserable because of that unstoppable thirst.
Gout cleared almost completely, blood pressure is normal always. Goverments have to decriminalize cannabis completely not only legalize it. It should be like buying mint or sage from a market.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I was 12 years old it was 1982. First time was a Saturday night me and my 2 best buds told our parents we were going roller skating. I had no idea I was going to smoke the herb that night. It was all down hill at first from there. I basically dropped out of school. I was what you would call a “trouble maker”. It was about a year when I was 13 my step mom told my dad either I go or she’s leaving so out the door I went. I remember that night vividly, I was frying on acid when I got home that night. My dads face melted as he was crying and packing my bags. I always retreated back to smoking herb in between my bouts of drug abuse. From the cocaine to the crank to the meth herb was always there to help me deal with the ways I fucked up my life. Through out my 20s it was up and down constantly dealing with life for me was extremely difficult until I met my wife when I was 26. She and the herb pulled me out the gutter, luckily saving my life in my opinion. herb has always been there to enlighten our lives and help in its own magical ways.

We all need an angel like that

Truly jealous over here :) well not about the shitty parts of course hahaha.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I was 12 when I first smoked. And it was a blast! Me and 4 other buddies were hanging out in a camper together, and I literally thought we were blasting off in a spaceship!

Fast forward to my junior year of high school and I am pretty much known as the stoner of the class lol. But by this point, my social anxiety is getting out of hand so I decided to self medicate even more and dabble in pills a bit.

Fast forward a couple more years and off to college I go, and my pill addiction got to the point where I couldn't afford it. So at this point in the story I turn to heroin cuz it's cheaper. That's when things really got out of control.

I was a senior in college and flunked out cuz I always cut class and didn't care anymore. I only spent money on heroin. I'm talking hundreds of dollars a day. My body was falling apart. I couldn't even find veins to shoot up in. I resorted to shooting up in the vein in my dick cuz that's all I could find. I went all those years without smoking cannabis.

Well, a few years back I cleaned my life up. But I still didn't feel that great, or normal even. I had lost all my friends at this point too. That's when I rediscovered cannabis! That was just a baby step. Growing is what really helped me the most, not just smoking it. I have not had this much fun or been this passionate about something since high school! And the community here is awesome, and it's nice to feel like I have friends again, even if it is just on the internet lol.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was 12 when I first smoked. And it was a blast! Me and 4 other buddies were hanging out in a camper together, and I literally thought we were blasting off in a spaceship!

Fast forward to my junior year of high school and I am pretty much known as the stoner of the class lol. But by this point, my social anxiety is getting out of hand so I decided to self medicate even more and dabble in pills a bit.

Fast forward a couple more years and off to college I go, and my pill addiction got to the point where I couldn't afford it. So at this point in the story I turn to heroin cuz it's cheaper. That's when things really got out of control.

I was a senior in college and flunked out cuz I always cut class and didn't care anymore. I only spent money on heroin. I'm talking hundreds of dollars a day. My body was falling apart. I couldn't even find veins to shoot up in. I resorted to shooting up in the vein in my dick cuz that's all I could find. I went all those years without smoking cannabis.

Well, a few years back I cleaned my life up. But I still didn't feel that great, or normal even. I had lost all my friends at this point too. That's when I rediscovered cannabis! That was just a baby step. Growing is what really helped me the most, not just smoking it. I have not had this much fun or been this passionate about something since high school! And the community here is awesome, and it's nice to feel like I have friends again, even if it is just on the internet lol.
Keep up the good work bro!!
We’re all here for ya even though nun of us no what we look like on these interwebs, lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter

Is it safe to say we become walking dead, when we lose our passion. It may be a lover, a job, a hobby or a loved one or just a purpose. We die inside and don’t care about the flesh anymore. Its a death wish. Growing is like connecting with something other than your misery. When you nourish it, it nourishes your sense of existence and importance.
Hard times man. Glad you’re out of it now.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Is it safe to say we become walking dead, when we lose our passion. It may be a lover, a job, a hobby or a loved one or just a purpose. We die inside and don’t care about the flesh anymore. Its a death wish. Growing is like connecting with something other than your misery. When you nourish it, it nourishes your sense of existence and importance.
Thank you, and very well said!

F

FutureGrower

Beautiful brother, genuinely well put. I actually want to put this in cool font and put a picture up.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
One thing through out my life that has helped me immensely is mixing herb with music. In my younger days I was what you would call a metal head. In those days speed metal was a very destructive source to mix with speedy drugs. Ultimately when I learned how to enjoy the Grateful Dead there was so much to discover learn and enjoy with the herb that I grow and smoke today.

Dan789

Dan789

Personally I never thought at 67 I’d be growing and using pot in my everyday life, but we’re all here, so it must be true. In my early twenties back in Michigan didn’t really get started as a “pot head” till after high school. Then it was the occasional toke, smoke a joint on Friday with wife and or friends, dime bags, pot then was all chopped leaves and stems & seeds (what’s a bud? Lol).
Then life really changed, work slowed down to non existant after the gas crunch (‘74), and the OPEC oil embargo, had to leave town in search of same (work).
Moved out west, stopping in Rawlings Wyoming, Billings Montana, Phoenix Arizona, Everett Washington, eventually ended up in Kennewick Washington, the Hanford area (government nuclear reservation and currently a nuclear superfund site). If any of you have ever had to leave home, friends in a similar way, it’s a tough life. On one otherwise average day, got to Phoenix looking for work, checked into a modest motel, it was hot already over a hundred, and went out to the pool. There a friend and I ran into several guys we had worked with on a previous job. They were all set up, each had a 1.75 ltr bottle of various whiskey’s, ice and some mix, this was 10:00 AM. I silently asked myself what was I letting myself into these guys had to be alcoholics?, (I was then 24) this life on the road as a “traveler” (Electrician speak). But most of the guys that I became acquainted in those new area’s were in that same boat, so camaraderie filled that void.
Fast forward twenty eight years or so to the late 90’s, I had gotten divorced, been single for 16 years, moved several times, into California around 1980, and finally met that special someone. Married again, about ten years in wife was experiencing all kinds of medical problems and doctors couldn’t come up with much of an idea what was what. In the mean time ended my working for others and opened my own Electrical company.
To wrap this long winded narrative up, the availability of medical marijuana and subsequent utilization of MJ has allowed a much better quality of life for us. Among other things, a relief from some pain, allowed her an easier withdrawal from opiates after several surgeries, spotted relief from insomnia, most of the medicines doctors were prescripting for her weren’t tolerated, and when the insurance companies stopped ok’ing my asthma medicine, relief from that too. Oh yah, don’t forget arthritis...
Anyway had we not been here, things would have been much more bleak, so serendipity comes to the rescue.
As medical and recreational marijuana gets more readily accepted, as more mainstream citizens accept MJ without the past stigmas associated, when the government finally ends the criminalization, hopefully things will be a lot better for everyone. Today we’ve got politicians and other notable people jumping on the the MJ for profit bandwagon, fingers crossed that it ends up OK for (our community) and we don’t ge pushed out. Peace, out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom