how much hydrated lime per gallon of water.

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

recently had some problems with ph in soil so i brought some hydrated lime to bring it back up.
i know some will say use ph'd water with a flush to bring it back up, but from what i've read and from my experience, that is a very quick fix that doesn't last too long and it has yet to solve the issue that i am having.
for those that has used hydrated lime, how much did you use per gallon? my medium is promix and my ph has gone as low as 5.4.

thanks in advance.

E

el_tenador

Can you source garden lime instead bro? The only reason I ask is liming your soil can be very difficult with the hydrated version. Garden lime will not raise your ph above seven, whereas with hydrated lime an over application could raise your medium's ph above 7... Then you'd just cause the opposing spectrum of deficiencies. And it's a he'll of a lot easier to raise you ph over time, than to reduce it.

green punk

green punk

Be careful with Hydrated Lime it can burn your skin real easy, especially when mixed with water. Like el T said get some garden lime or dolomite lime. If you can look for Aggrand Liquid Lime. Good Luck.

catdaddy

catdaddy

okay cool and thanks for the suggestions.

crazy thing is when i walked into hydro store i specifically asked for dolomite lime and the guy in the store handed me hydrated lime and told me it would be a better choice.

after some research today (basically concurring what you guys have stated), i find out that you must get you soil lab tested before you add any hydrated lime to figure out exactly how much to use.

B

Brix

How much Garden lime to bring down your ph I have a pH of 8 and water with a 4 liter pale

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Use ph down to bring ph down. Dolomite lime acts as a buffer in soil. I use 1 cup per 1.5cu' bag, or 1tbsp per gallon of soil.

B

Brix

Use ph down to bring ph down. Dolomite lime acts as a buffer in soil. I use 1 cup per 1.5cu' bag, or 1tbsp per gallon of soil.
I'm talking just lime not dolmite lime, nobody in my area sells pH Down what will bring the pH Down in My Water my water is what is high and I can't get a new source of water so if I bring the PH down in the water before watering it should level it back oout

B

Brix

Sorry had it back wards I need to add acitidy to bring it down will vinegar do that

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Amazon or ebay then would be my.1st choice over lemon or vinegar use.

My water is 7.3ph out of the tap.

B

Brix

Amazon or ebay then would be my.1st choice over lemon or vinegar use.

My water is 7.3ph out of the tap.
And you water with that ? I just tried half a tablespoon of vinegar to 4 liters of water and it brought it down between 5 and 6 why would you prefer buying pH Down to vinegar it's probably just vinegar sold at a higher price anyways

B

Brix

the first photo is Tangy I think I have symptoms of over-watering but I also believe it's the pH that's turning them yellow the only thing is is that three of the plants are still healthy the second photo is chocolope they are not yelling as bad but the leaves are starting to Taco which tells me that there's a pH causing the deficiencies correct me if I'm wrong

Top Bottom