How stong is the g-13... really...

• Thread starter stone69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oldhand

let me attempt to enlighten some of you ;)
Neville was the first to market the G13 to the masses in hybrid form... his original g13 mother was lost in the early 90's... the only varietys left that are traceable to the original neville's G13 cut are the hybrids that neville & shantibaba released to the public... G13xSkunk#1, G13xwidow, G13xNorthern Lights (airbornes?), G13xHashplant (same one that Sensi offers), and G13xHaze (the very same MALE thats still making the rounds - Reeferman, DNA & Soma have been working with this one recently I think)
the g13 x skunk is supposed to be the best of the crosses (as stated by neville himself), and closest to the original cut as the skunk male is fairly transparent, and carries the g13 over really well in the cross... the g13sk was given directly to shanti from neville, if I remember correctly...
as far as I'm aware, there's 3 main lines that are (readily) available... the pacifics - which I'm now sure is just a hybrid of airborne's g13, or perhaps just a plant that was originally mislabeled?.... then there's airborne's g13... I really don't know the story behind that one for sure, but I've heard it was originally just a select female picked out of the old neville/shanti 'g13 x northern lights' stock... IMO hands down the best g13 available is the So-Cal g13 cut... this is held by a pretty tight group & is not very available to most... there are S1's out there though... to make a comparison, I would consider pacific's or airborne's "g13" as being mid-grade pot... I would consider the so-cal g13 cutting to be high-grade... ok there ya go. hope that helps?

Mr Nice g13 x skunk strainguide -

leMarcel

leMarcel

G13/Widow from Shantibaba is in fact [(G13 X Skunk) X Black Widow], it is a very nice plant :)

Here i grow G13/BW from Motarebel, I think it is Pacific G13 X Black Widow ?

B

bigbag

oldhand,
if pacifics g13 is mid-grade,the so-cal clone must b toxic!

S

stone69

Wow! What a response, I think the G-13 I have came from you DD... I could be wrong though........ all I know is me and my wife are looking forward to seeing just how strong these babies are gonna be... I'm gonna keep these babies very close outside , so I can keep a good eye on 'em... just don't step on my land anywhere near the cave...Muahahahaha.....

Rom420

Rom420

Purchased one fem g13Xhaze bean from barney's farm and grew it organically in soil and it was definitely very high potency. The buds got frosty and just looked amazing when trimmed and dried. The smoke was kinda like smooth-then harsh for a split second-then smooth again, and each hit was cerebral and it had a delicious candy-like taste to it. I would just smoke bowl after bowl cuz i'd just keep getting higher:bong2: Damn that stuff was good, just smoked the last bit of it the other day tho:sad0071:

M

MIZZ ELVIS

This is an excellant article about the whole fuss with G13.........
Taken from TY magazine Issue 15. 2009
Urban Legend: G13 By JessE

What could Bigfoot and Marijuana possibly have in common? Every year there are hundreds of reports of sightings of the infamous Bigfoot across North America. From Alaska to Florida, Northern California to Ohio. Much is the same with the elusive and equally legendary G13. A variety reputedly liberated from a government research facility at the University of Mississippi by an unknown assistant, news of the clones “liberation” from Uncle Sam’s garden spread quickly on the underground growing scene. As legend has it, so did the clone before ultimately making its way to the Netherlands’, where its fait would ultimately be sealed as one of the most sought after and elusive legendary strains of cannabis of all time. The Seed Bank was the first Dutch marijuana seed company shipping internationally to all corners of the globe, at the helm, by all accounts, a charismatic Australian known as Neville Schoenmaker who would take the liberated female only cutting and turn it into a variety whose story would later go on to become nothing short of mythical.
The subject of great debate for many years, and to this day a subject of contention with the few dedicated growers who are concerned with the true origins and facts of the variety, G13 has become one of the few varieties of cannabis to cross over into mainstream folk lure, most notably being featured in Kevin Spacey’s classic movie ‘American Beauty’ as a variety of cannabis whose going street price was some two thousand dollars. A price which actor Wes Bentley justified by explaining, “This shit is top of the line. It's called G-13. It's genetically engineered by the U.S. Government. It's extremely potent, but a completely mellow high. No paranoia." An absolutely outrageous price for such a small quantity of cannabis, regardless of quality, none the less it exemplifies the kind of reputation this variety has established for itself since its initial marketing by Neville in the mid 1980’s. Indeed, this variety would never have become the success story that it has if it wasn’t for the subsequent hybrids of the female clone known as G13, which was offered in his store front catalogs to growers all a crossed the globe.
It was these hybrids marketed by Neville and acquired by literally thousands of growers who had access to The Seed Banks Catalogs that would cement G13’s legacy and legendary status as being among the strongest varieties of cannabis ever encountered. A tribute itself to the absolute power of the cutting, since there was only a female clone and no male counter parts to breed a pure G13 with, hybridizations from other varieties had to be used in an effort to pass along the G13’s incredible attributes. There no longer exist a G13 in pure form, the mother plant passed away long ago now while in the care of The Seed Banks ultimate benefactors, Sensi Seeds. So as it goes with the search for G13, one will quickly realize with any kind of dedicated research the only varieties left out there related to the honest, to goodness G13 that can be absolutely authenticated are the original hybrids offered by Neville at The Seed Bank in Holland over 20 years ago now. Among those hybrids were G13xSkunk#1, G13xNorthern Lights, G13xHaze, G13xHashplant, G13xOrtega, G13 x White Widow and G13 (skunk) x White Widow as well as a handful of other obscure hybridizations that were never marketed heavily like some of the varieties mentioned above. Those varieties of course are all verified, legitimate hybridizations that can be said without any doubt to be related to the original cutting. This is the point were things may get confusing and somewhat frustrating for the average consumer because knowing where to obtain these legitimate hybridizations can be a head ache all of its own. Most consumers want to get the best buy for their hard earned currency, and generally speaking a replica or poorly bred G13 simply will not do. And when one looks at the absolute mountain of breeders offering something supposedly related to G13, your train can suddenly come to a jolting halt as you ponder over exactly which variety or varieties to purchase. And a wise decision it would be to want the true facts my friends, because not all G13 hybrids are created equal and some of them are outright frauds.
When I initially became interested in the G13 myth, the most natural starting point in my mind upon the discovery of quite a few sources to obtain the genetics from was to research where the original genetics ultimately went and where they can be obtained today. Along the way I discovered quite a few cuttings in private hands which are said to be G13 it’s self, but for which no credible proof exist or has been offered in which to authenticate their claims or the ultimate origins of their “G13”. Most notably among those private cuttings is the Airborne G13 cut which looks very similar to the known G13 x Northern Lights photographs, which of course though, is not nearly enough evidence to say with any kind of certainty that it is indeed one of the hybrids originally released by Neville in the ‘80s.But that is pretty much all we are left with, such as the case with many varieties on the market today in fact. Where the only real proof one has is the word of the breeder or what little photographic evidence exist to support their claims. Other private cuttings said to be G13 include the So Cal G13, the LG13 (Louisiana) and the PG13 (Pacific). Interestingly enough, the person known as Pacific had no less than three versions of G13, none of which were related to the true G13 cutting and some of which were actually obtained from government (DEA) confiscated marijuana stock from private growers and medical users. So the ultimate pedigree of some of the Pacific G13 varieties could be anything from Durban Poison to Hindu Kush, and anything in between. There are dozens more varieties all touted to be G13 or a derivative of G13, but none of which can offer any kind of validation or support to back up their assertions. And ultimately any G13 variety with any kind of authentication has to be traced back to Neville and the hybridizations initially offered twenty years ago at The Seed Bank, because that’s where it all started in the first place my friends.
So where can we as the consumer go to purchase legitimate G13 hybridizations today? There are a handful of legitimate breeders all offering something that can be legitimately traced back to the original cutting known as G13. Most notably is Mr. Nice Seed bank, which is fronted by infamous international Hash smuggler Howard Marks and operated by legendary breeders Shantibaba and the man himself, Neville Schoenmaker (the former owner of The Seed Bank). So it’s pretty much a no brainer that if you would like to obtain some authentic lines related to the original cutting of G13, that you start with the very place the legend started, Neville himself at Mr. Nice Seed Bank (www.mrnice.nl). Mr. Nice Seeds (MNS) currently offers a three generation interbred variety of G13 x Skunk where the criteria for each subsequent backcross was for G13 dominant varieties. From there the original skunk male was used to create a G13 (skunk#1) x skunk #1 variety easily available to the public as well as the G13 (skunk) x Black Widow (White Widow) which looks to be an incredibly encouraging variety in its own right. Other companies which offer a variety legitimately related to the authentic cutting include Sensi Seeds, which offers a G13xHashplant hybrid strangely enough named after the aforementioned Howard Marks. Known as Mr. Nice, the G13xHashplant offered by Sensi Seeds is a legitimate G13 hybrid that can be traced back to the original cutting because Ben Dronkers, the owner of Sensi Seeds, ultimately acquired his stock from Neville. Along with Sensi Seeds, Soma Seeds offers a G13xHaze lineup from which one haze dominant male G13 x Haze hybrid was found in a very small handful of seeds said to have been given to Soma by well known author Ed Rosenthal, who acquired the seeds originally from Neville. Soma has subsequently used that haze dominant male, although technically related too the original G13, to hybridize several other varieties in his library and thus establishing the authenticity of his G13 stock, however remote it may be.
Like with any good marijuana story of this nature, there exist quite a few versions of the original story. Some of which make for great camp fire stories, but none of which seem to have any kind of real sustenance behind them other than popular lure. Such is the case with one Sandy Wienstien, who is said to be a founding member of Sacred Seeds (a point of contention by Sam the Skunk Man). Sandy is credited for the breeding of Early Girl and is also said to be the one who discovered G13 along with the Bay Area Durban Poison clone. As the story goes, the group responsible for the breeding of Skunk#1 lost some of their Afghan varieties due to grey mold issues and at this point in time during the ‘70s Afghanica cannabis genetics were not as widely prevalent as they are today. As luck would have it, Mr. Wienstien is said to have had a friend in the Alabama/Mississippi region who was a first year botany student. This friend is said to have lucked into a job with Dr. Carlton Turner at the University of Mississippi and sent a handful of Afghan varieties that showed promise from the University of Mississippi, back to Mr.Wienstien. Among those Afghanica varieties was the famed G13.
In another twist of the story, perhaps even related in some strange way is the story of Michael Hallman, who is a character said to have collected a wide variety of quality cannabis strains in the 1960’s and ‘70s. As the story goes, the CIA and FBI did hybridization experiments with Mr. Hallman’s collection of marijuana genetics and they are said to have developed one of the most powerful marijuana strains of all time. With an alleged THC percentage of over 28%, this variety would be more than double the potency of most conventional marijuana strains of the era. It is this clone, said to have been developed by the government that was liberated from Green House 13 all those years ago now, that is today responsible for the urban legend as it stands that became known as G13. This particular part of the story is one of the newer elements of the story to emerge and in my opinion is an example of an urban legend continuing to evolve and expand as the years go by. What we do know, is that in fact the government was growing marijuana at research facilities no later than the 1970’s. According to Zimmer and Morgan, The Potency Monitoring Project (PMP) conducted at the University of Mississippi in 1973 found the average sample of cannabis tested to have a potency of 1.62% THC with many varieties being over 4% THC. With the highest sample of cannabis tested at the time coming in at 9.5% THC. Two years later, a study done by PharmChem is said to have tested a variety which registered at 14% THC. So the possibility of strains of cannabis existing at the University of Mississippi seems to certainly be plausible, although whether or not G13 was among them remains unclear. At the time of the Potency Monitoring project, Dr. Carlton Turner was in charge of the program and today the University of Mississippi still does research in regards to cannabis under the guidance and tutelage of Dr. Mahmoud El Sohly.
Ultimately what should matter to you as the grower and consumer is where to obtain the most legitimate G13 hybrids if you’re interested in growing this variety. There is no shortage of companies peddling something called G13, but your best bet is to stick with the companies who have a legitimate claim to the varieties name sake. Of those companies, Mr. Nice Seeds may very well be your best option for obtaining an authentic hybrid related to the original cut. With the original cutting being marketed by Neville at The Seed Bank and of course the fact Neville can be found today working along side Shantibaba at Mr. Nice Seeds, it’s a sure bet that what you’re receiving is a legitimate hybrid of this mythical and legendary variety. The G13 (skunk) x Skunk #1 and the G13 x Widow at Mr. Nice Seeds have both earned the respect of many growers around the globe, and who knows? Maybe you’re next?

215 User

215 User

Got g-13 clone from NNCC last year & it had a light berry like taste/powerfull body sensations.

It was tha best g i've tasted and made some beans with Rez's Gonzo#2.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
let me attempt to enlighten some of you ;)
Neville was the first to market the G13 to the masses in hybrid form... his original g13 mother was lost in the early 90's... the only varietys left that are traceable to the original neville's G13 cut are the hybrids that neville & shantibaba released to the public... G13xSkunk#1, G13xwidow, G13xNorthern Lights (airbornes?), G13xHashplant (same one that Sensi offers), and G13xHaze (the very same MALE thats still making the rounds - Reeferman, DNA & Soma have been working with this one recently I think)
the g13 x skunk is supposed to be the best of the crosses (as stated by neville himself), and closest to the original cut as the skunk male is fairly transparent, and carries the g13 over really well in the cross... the g13sk was given directly to shanti from neville, if I remember correctly...
as far as I'm aware, there's 3 main lines that are (readily) available... the pacifics - which I'm now sure is just a hybrid of airborne's g13, or perhaps just a plant that was originally mislabeled?.... then there's airborne's g13... I really don't know the story behind that one for sure, but I've heard it was originally just a select female picked out of the old neville/shanti 'g13 x northern lights' stock... IMO hands down the best g13 available is the So-Cal g13 cut... this is held by a pretty tight group & is not very available to most... there are S1's out there though... to make a comparison, I would consider pacific's or airborne's "g13" as being mid-grade pot... I would consider the so-cal g13 cutting to be high-grade... ok there ya go. hope that helps?

Mr Nice g13 x skunk strainguide -

The G13XHP that Sensi offers isnt the same as Nevilles original cross.Sensi's G13HP is a watered down version at best.I have grown and smoked both Sensi's version and Nevilles original G13XHashplant cross(which I still have a few of the original seeds).And Neville's is absolutely Awesome!Sensi's doesnt even compare IMO.The original G13HP reeks of dead meat, skunk and garlic.It is impossible to contain the smell!It is also VERY potent.One of the best strains Ive tried!:smiley_joint:

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
I have this one going now..2 plants! Yes! Lake of taste! Sounds great to me! Looking for males in a ten pack of JimmyNitz freebie seeds P13 x Oasis! Lol..Good stuff! monkey5

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
This:~~~" I grown Mooshine's G13 : (Airborne G13 x (Airborne G13 x Medicine Man)) and it was very potent, but with a lake of taste." The two plants I have going! Nice! monkey5

G gnome

G gnome

I have g13 that iv had since 02. Its one of my personal favorites

G gnome

G gnome

Btw I have more content in regards to the g13 on my grow diary thread archives codeblue and rudeboi

dankninja

dankninja

some of the sensi nice guy has surfaced in custom crosses by smaller breeders, the purple nice guy is very potent no question

chadkush

chadkush

The so cal g13 I herd was a pure g13 and some has said it is a cross I don't know what to believe but it's supposed to be good stuff .

BombBP

BombBP

Here's a cut a friend sent me I grew out back in 05, I think. It was strong but not a fav. I was running testers for OG Raskal and Mota at around the same time though so those could've clouded my judgement lol.

Attachment 6
chadkush

chadkush

I'm gonna run docs g13 once I can grow can't right now but I've herd good things about his g13 and it being real .

Top Bottom