How To Concentrate Your Trim Or Bud

• Thread starter Eeri
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eeri

Eeri

EDIT!
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS TEK BLASTING BHO WITH PLASTIC DEVICES. HEALTH RISK!!!

Here's what you need:
Water bottle with large cap
Coffee filter
Rubberband
Butane
A cooking pot
Maybe a drill set.
First grab the water bottle and poke a few 1/8 inch holes in the cap. The poke a hole in the bottom the exact size of your butane bottles neck. There should be two sizes to it. Drill for the small one. What I did is take a screw driver the same size and heated it up and poked it through. Now that you've got your bottle ready fill it with ground up weed. Put the coffee filter over the cap and secure it with a rubber band. Turn it up side down and force butane through the hole in the bottom. Depending on the quality and quantity of your weed you will need more or less butane. I used 3/4 oz of shake to an almost full 5.5 oz bottle through. All this butane will collect in the pot as liquid. Then I through in another 3/4 oz of trim to the liquid. Mixed it all around with hands. The let sit in sun for about an hour to evaporate the butane. When you can see no more vapor shadows coming off the weed in the sunlight it has been in the sun long enough. Then you can take the weed mixed with the oil. Set it aside. Fill the bottle with fresh trim and run more butane through into the pot. Then throw in your final product again and Walla. 3 x trim. Going to try my first batch soon but it's only 2 x. Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Another option for evaporating out the butane is a lukewarm/mildly hot water bath. One would take the pot of BHO and put it into a larger pot with aforementioned warm water and most of the butane will boil out no sun needed- NOTE make sure the water level is below the top of the BHO pot so you don't get water in your BHO-

As always be EXTREMELY cautious with flames and sparks around any open butane and make sure to perform butane extraction in a well ventilated environment. Butane is HIGHLY FLAMABLE and both of these methods of BHO extraction are VERY DANGEROUS. Also VERY ILLEGAL even in pot friendly states. You're "manufacturing a schedule 1 drug" so pretty much the same charge as cooking meth while only slightly less dangerous. BE CAREFUL PLEASE

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

I've never used a water bottle, are you sure the butane won't leech chemicals from the plastic? There are some types of plumbing pipe or legitimate BHO extractors which don't leech into your BHO.

*EDIT - once the bubbles in the BHO are teeeeeeny tiny like the size of a pinhead or smaller one can toss the pot into an oven set to 100*f -ish and allow even more of the butane to evaporate, THC vaporizes around 160-180*f so keeping it above 100 and below 160 will evaporate most of the remaining butane and leave the cannabinoids

Also I'll say it again- BE VERY CAREFUL THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

Graywolf

Graywolf

Here's what you need:
Water bottle with large cap
Coffee filter
Rubberband
Butane
A cooking pot
Maybe a drill set.
First grab the water bottle and poke a few 1/8 inch holes in the cap.
What type of plastic is the water bottle? Here is a link that shows all plastics are not created equal when it comes to butane. https://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance

The poke a hole in the bottom the exact size of your butane bottles neck. There should be two sizes to it. Drill for the small one. What I did is take a screw driver the same size and heated it up and poked it through. Now that you've got your bottle ready fill it with ground up weed. Put the coffee filter over the cap and secure it with a rubber band.
Better to use something that doesn't leach in butane, like a wire tie or clamp.

Turn it up side down and force butane through the hole in the bottom. Depending on the quality and quantity of your weed you will need more or less butane. I used 3/4 oz of shake to an almost full 5.5 oz bottle through. All this butane will collect in the pot as liquid. Then I through in another 3/4 oz of trim to the liquid. Mixed it all around with hands. The let sit in sun for about an hour to evaporate the butane. When you can see no more vapor shadows coming off the weed in the sunlight it has been in the sun long enough. Then you can take the weed mixed with the oil. Set it aside. Fill the bottle with fresh trim and run more butane through into the pot. Then throw in your final product again and Walla. 3 x trim. Going to try my first batch soon but it's only 2 x. Thanks for looking

Your process mixing weed in a butane oil mixture with your hands exposes you to significant hazards.

May I also share with you that the oil and weed that we mixed, turned out harsh to smoke.

Eeri

Eeri

Yes a blender is dangerous if your that fat kid in the sandlot.

I wanna know how a close loop extractor works. I'm sure I could make one.

Dunge

Dunge

It seems to me that the standard stainless plumbing is overkill for the pressures required.
Where are the re-purposed solutions that allow builders to move and manipulate butane without expensive hardware?
If I had the fittings to refill my empty butane cans, I can see doing a full gas recovery for little more than the cost of the hose.
I have attempted canning jars, but I just can't control leaks.
How about torch fuel?
Those cans look just right for controlling butane.

Graywolf

Graywolf

It seems to me that the standard stainless plumbing is overkill for the pressures required.
Where are the re-purposed solutions that allow builders to move and manipulate butane without expensive hardware?
If I had the fittings to refill my empty butane cans, I can see doing a full gas recovery for little more than the cost of the hose.
I have attempted canning jars, but I just can't control leaks.
How about torch fuel?
Those cans look just right for controlling butane.
There can be a wide margin between what will work in heaven and what local standards call for due to experience. For instance, I had to use .049" wall stainless tubing, instead of the more common .o35" wall 3300 psi tubing, because of the possibility of a manufacturing flaw in that thin a wall in a tube that size.

Top Bottom