How To Flush When Some Plants Finish & Some Isn't ?

• Thread starter blactunda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blactunda

UCxl8 .. How do you guys flush when some plants finish and some isn't in this system ?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I have heard of people shutting off water pump and using some kind of plug for the pvc lines. They essentially make it into 2 dwc systems so one side can be flushing and the other can still be filled with nutes. Down sides are my buddy said that you need threaded bulkhead to screw the pvc plug in without having to cut system apart and you wouldnt be able to have a water chiller running. Never tried this since i stick to 1 strain in my system but its a method a friend of mine has used before.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I would go scope out your local hardware stores plumbing section and see if you can make something fit. Im not the expert system builder so i cant really tell you what parts exactly you would need. But its a way you can temporarily turn a rdwc into multiple dwc systems without making permanent changes to system.

JMcG

JMcG

Try this...
I had the same dilemma, but in a smaller eight unit set up. I did indeed split it in two by utilizing these sweet plumbers plugs that they use to test the plumbing system in homes. They don't need threads, they work like the rubber stoppers for a boat. Screw in the t nut to expand the rubber o ring.
For the two inch plumbing on most UC systems I have seen just go to Lowes and hit the plumbing department.
On mine I just needed to isolate two of the eight which in my 8 pod left two plants on the other side of the return to the epi center that would not be re circed. I hoped it did not make too much difference, they were almost done and did not appear to.
Obviously, if she ou could just isolate the whole side and keep the other rolling then you would be golden, but that might need some good planning ahead skills:speechless:

F

FooDoo

i dont flush. somtimes i feed 3 days before harvest.

dont worry about it

palm eezy

palm eezy

I've flushed with 1/2 my normal CalMag for 3 days, chopped, re-nuted and finished the other plants no problems. Also flushed, cut off the tops of the plants, re-nuted etc. Ideal growing techniques and environment limit the need for this kind of stuff.

The need for flushing in dialed-in hydro is definitely debatable. And how much benefit it will actually do when feeding to the point of burn is also a question. Proper feeding and consistent uptake is important...dwc plants can usually go thru mini lockouts and not be harmed too much. I have experienced both a decrease in stickiness and room smell when flushing for too long. I have also slightly pre-harvested and meticuously dried/cured buds, trying to determine retroactively the best harvest times. Those unflushed buds didn't have any negative characteristics that you'd expect. That said, I still flush albeit in a funny way. I like to run 24 hours straight light with 1/2 strength calimagic & florakleen, and then 48hours dark. IMO healthy dwc plants do not like [extended] flushes. I just try to give them a shock.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I've flushed with 1/2 my normal CalMag for 3 days, chopped, re-nuted and finished the other plants no problems. Also flushed, cut off the tops of the plants, re-nuted etc. Ideal growing techniques and environment limit the need for this kind of stuff.
That's the approach I would take in that situation. Flush everything, pull the finished plants and then add nutes to finish off the rest.

JMcG

JMcG

Ahhhh jeeez!
Now I gotta re think my flush too!!??
Always made me wonder, when , how long, RO or 1/4 strength?
Used to go for 14 days in soil, but realize that is not necessary in a clean hydro set up. In UC I shoot for 7 days or so now, but still wondering if that is too long?
I do like to shock them a bit, whether it's light deprivation or drought em

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Ahhhh jeeez!
Now I gotta re think my flush too!!??
Always made me wonder, when , how long, RO or 1/4 strength?
Used to go for 14 days in soil, but realize that is not necessary in a clean hydro set up. In UC I shoot for 7 days or so now, but still wondering if that is too long?
I do like to shock them a bit, whether it's light deprivation or drought em

Three days is plenty in UC. I drain, refill with RO, add some Final Flush, adjust the pH, drop room temp, lower the water level and drop the water temp. Makes them think the end of the season is at hand.

JMcG

JMcG

It just seems like it is a bit smoother on the palette, but I am never sure if I have also weakened the potency but going 7-10 days.
I have noticed that on most grows of mine there is a couple of days right around the time I am thinking of flushing when the pungent odor in the room REALLY spikes. It seems to only last for a couple of days and then drops back to a normal level. Is this an indication that the plants are at peak ripening and ready to harvest? It usually catches me a bit off guard ad still needing to flush, so then after doing that for a week or so they get cut down. Am I missing a window? Usually judge " done " by trichs and overall swelled appearance....

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I've not gotten any complaints on mine. It burns nice and clean with a white ash. No chemical taste at all. I can't comment on the smell since I don't have a very sensitive nose. I do smell them, but can't pick up on the nuances. I watch for the hairs to start receding and all the trics are cloudy and some amber.

F

FooDoo

you guys are way over thinking it. feed till you chop. ive watched my EC on the bluelab. plants are still eating and ripening during week 9 bloom.

JMcG

JMcG

I've not gotten any complaints on mine. It burns nice and clean with a white ash. No chemical taste at all. I can't comment on the smell since I don't have a very sensitive nose. I do smell them, but can't pick up on the nuances. I watch for the hairs to start receding and all the trics are cloudy and some amber.
Your nose not so good either eh Roebuck? Mine sense of smell is pretty low too so I am not a good judge of final product. Like yours, I can detect the overall profiles but some of the finer points seem to elude me. It affects the taste too. After a good six week cure though, bowls burn clean... nice white ash, that is when I can actually finish a whole bowl :)

JMcG

JMcG

you guys are way over thinking it. feed till you chop. ive watched my EC on the bluelab. plants are still eating and ripening during week 9 bloom.
Really? Not surprised that they are still feeding I guess, but you end up with a smooth smoke? White ash and all...?
I like the way you roll Foo...

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Your nose not so good either eh Roebuck? Mine sense of smell is pretty low too so I am not a good judge of final product. Like yours, I can detect the overall profiles but some of the finer points seem to elude me. It affects the taste too. After a good six week cure though, bowls burn clean... nice white ash, that is when I can actually finish a whole bowl :)

Yes, I'm about the same. Yet I'm allergic to cologne and perfume and with even the slightest exposure, can go into a full blown allergic reaction. Go figure.

Top Bottom