How to grow from walmart, miracle grow soil and tomato fertilizer.

• Thread starter Alien Abductee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alien Abductee

I have heard nothing but bad things about growing using products available at walmart. Most people can either goto walmart or order off ebay or amazon, etc which is a pain and takes to much time. Here is my method for using most reusable items from walmart. The yeilds can be impressive, I pull off 1-2 ounce off a plant from clone started at 12/12, depending on strain.

It is a little more work, be warned.

Items you need.

Miracle grow micromax soil. Do not get the water control, just the standard green bag. Agian, not the BLUE bag, just the green.

A GOOD ph and tds meter. At least have a ph shaker test. Do not even try without some way of testing the PH. This is the key.

Miracle grow tomato fertilizer or equiv. I actually used a 4 dollar box of some off brand, was blue. 10-15-10.

Lights. Personally I use 3 90w leds and 2 105w 2700k cfls. The 90w leds I got off ebay auctions paying less than 100 for each. The cfls run 25 dollars at www.1000bulbs.com (look for the 68 lumen per watt bulb in the 105 watt section, friggin awesome light for the price). You could use 4 cfls for under 100 dollars and be totally fine flowering 4-5 plants, which is how i started. Each bulb is around 7k lumens and runs cool enough to place within an inch of the plant tops. I added the 90w ufos as i found them over the next year or so.

Dolemite lime. I got a box for 4 dollars at walmart.

Step 1. Prepare the soil.

Take some dolemite lime and mix it in with the soil and water it heavily several times. I use about 1/4 cup or so for a 8-10 inch pot.Soak it good with water let it sit, soak it again and stir it around, make sure its worked in really nice. Let the soil dry for a day or 2 before moving to the next step.

Step 2. Seedlings or clones.

Add the seedling or clone to the soil. You will not need to do much to get it to grow. It will veg perfectly fine without much water.

Step 3. Wait

Wait for the plant to get to the size you want. I recommend no more than a foot tall.

Step 4. Begining Flowering.

During the stretch you shouldn't need to add any fertilizer or additives. Water with 6-7 ph corrected water if needed. I normally had to water once. Wait until you see bud sites.

Step 5. The tricky part.

This is where things usually go terribly wrong, but with a little elbow grease, you can take the plant through flowering without much problems. When you see the bottom leaves start to yellow start watering with 1/2 strength tomato fertilizer every other water. When using just water, collect the run off and test it with the ph meter or shaker or whatever. After a few feedings you might notice the ph plummet down to 5.0 or so, or it may stay up depending on how well the dolemite has been worked in. When this happens, do a mini flush until the runoff is back up in the 6 range. Once the runoff reaches above 6 your safe until the next feeding. After a few feedings and watering your get the hang of it. Slowly increase the fertilizer to full strength. This will get your plant through flowering without many problems. I got so good at it, I hardly ever run into problems any more.

Repeat until the plant is ready to ripen.

Step 6. Riping.

Stop all fertilizer and just heavily water with ph adjusted 6.5 water. I use about 3 gallons in my 10 inch pots each water on each plant. If you notice the plant start to claw.. where the tips curl down, take out and mini flush again, even if it doesn't need water. This shouldn't happen often if you worked in the dolemite lime good enough, it should buffer most the acid build up.

Step 7. Harvest

Harvest as usual.

Hopefully these steps help those that grow from walmart on a budget.It can be done quite nicely as long as the soil ph is watched carefully.

A

Alien Abductee

Here are some current pics i took this morning of my plant using this nothing but miracle grow and tomato fertilizer. They are grown using a pseudo sea of green and are at various times in the cycle.

Happy Growing!

Strains are madmen, sour alien, hazy og and alien dawg.

DSCN4211
DSCN4215
DSCN4220
DSCN4226
DSCN4229
DSCN4230
DSCN4233
DSCN4236
lars

lars

you'll probably catch hell for using the 'evil MG' and non-cannabis nutes.
Some of the best crops I've had were with MG soil and their nutes.

A

Alien Abductee

Like in the midwest rural areas, pretty much walmart is all you have, so sometimes its not really a choice.

This is my last rotation using soil, I actually got a modified waterfarm system now. I have started some c4 and 5 way started. My first time hydro but I think i get the general idea. 5.7-6.0 ph, correct ppm, etc.

Just wanted to put my mg growing method somewhere for those that are limited to retail chains for supplies.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Ditto on the Miracal Gro

Love my MG Nutes an soil.
It's all I'll ever use.

Ive used the moisture control an organic soil indoor an outdoors with good results.
I add 10% manure to the soil to feed the microbes, cause MG soil is sterile.
An 20 % perilite to loosen it up alot.
Feed one watering then flush the next watering helps keep them free of salts.
Glad you mentioned the lime, it works great an adds cal mag.

My MG Nutes cost me 7 penny's a gal.
It's the best for the buck.

I'm also using their "tomato Nutes" 18-18-21 for all stages of growth?
Great minds think alike?

A

Alien Abductee

Cool beans :)

I used the cheaper off brand tomato fert.. I think it was 10-15-10, it comes in yellow box and its deep blue in color and was $2.96 for the same size as the miracle grow fert.

The moisture control I had problems with because I live near the ocean and the humidity is usually high. Combined with using LED lights the soil would never dry out and I got fungus gnats really bad since I couldn't kill the eggs by drying the soil. After switching to the non moisture control, everything worked much better for me.

But that is really cool we ended up with basically the same routine using the same products.. hehe.

What lights do you use? Mind if I ask?

Latest posts

Top Bottom