How To Help Plant Recover From Over Pruning?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I was cleaning up my net and got carried away. I was removing older leaves and ones under the net. My plant now is super stressed. I've given it three days to recover on its own but it's having a tough time.

I'm running an 6 pot 1 res RDWC and besides over pruning, bad bad boy, every other variable has remained the same. Ph is kept between 5.5 and 5.8 sometimes gets to 6.0 but hardly ever. PPM has remained the same staying between 800 and 900. It reaches 900 at times in the morning after water loss. Temp in room has remained in the high 60's. I switched to flower a little over a week ago.

I'm sure there are some numbers you may not agree with but remember that everything was fine until I screwed up and got prunnie. I'm hoping that time will fix my screw up but I guess we will see.

I've got a few leaves that look like to much nitrogen but its only one or two fingers on one single fan. Then I have a few that look like to little cal/mag. The strange thing is that about 60 to 70 percent of the plant is fine and there all in the same system but one plant is much worse off. I'm afraid to add or remove anything because all of this happened in response to the pruning and I mean the very next day.

If it's from over pruning what are my choices besides, you were stupid and screwed up, I've already accepted this part! Hopefully we can move on and hopefully repair my mistake.

Less light, lower the nutes, anything at all?

Thanks and yes I love to watch myself type.

S

Shawnery

For those who would know,

Is it likely or possible for over pruning to cause or appear to be nutrient related?

showmegreen

showmegreen

Do hydroponic grow? Did I miss pics somewhere? Aggressive pruning does cause tissue damage obviously. Possibly that may impeed the ability of the plants transpiration. I would guess root damage might of occured if you say just parts of the plants show deficiencies. I'm not saying final answer because I haven't had a visual to reference. Only your negation. I would dial back until you see positive growth and put it back into veg if you feel that it needs to make up structure. A week in is definetly not to bad for turning her around unless it's auto flower.

S

Shawnery

Roots are in awesome condition, super white considering I'm using GH Nutes which die roots, super hairy and long long long. I'll go take some pics but here are a couple.

Do the holes look like tissue damage from pruning or does it look like a worm/catipeller?

20171013 111547
20171013 111541
20171013 111531
S

Shawnery

You can see the conoeing and darker green that looks like nitrogen. Then you see some lighter yellow with a few spots that looks like cal/mag. Lastly there are the small holes that appears similar to something eating it or it could also be cal/mag associated.

But then over 50% of the plant is very happy looking.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Ummm... bug unless you were stabbing her from the underside imo that is a horrible way to prune. Dont you know you gotta stab from the top to be effective. Lol
I would also say your ph is off a bit from the curl. And mag could be the problem to . What is your ph as of now . What strain you running there? Some are SO ph sensitive, its stupid. Also ph affects uptake of various nutes. I'm by far no expert on hydro. I ve been blessed enough to live in Missouri where the best soil in the world is right outside in my back yard. Very little amending is needed to grow great stuff. So I would look into some of the hydro grows on here that could lead you in the right direction. Or holler loud for some the old heads. They love to help but they can't see or hear too good anymore. So clear pics of the problems and as much info that's as realtime as you can git is necessary. Or they will drift off on how the younger generations think they know it allready. Or how strains just aint like they used to be. Or some political mumbo jumbo. You gotta kee p them focused and on task. Good luck! But do check ph. And also water temp.

S

Shawnery

Like I said the plants were tits up until the pruning and I mean super happy. Nothing AT ALL has changed from 3 weeks ago till now.

The temps are the same, high 60's.
The RH is the same, 60's.
The PH is the same, 5.5 - 5.8.
The PPM is the same, 800 with some fluctuation from usage of course.
The air supply, very good, is the same.
Air flow in the tent is the same.

Everything is the same except for the most important part at the moment. The plants ability to feed it's self through photosynthesis and transpiration has greatly been hindered by my faulty choice at the most inopportune time!

Not arguing with you at all just attempting to make situation completely clear.

Thanks for what ever help people! I highly appreciate it even of I do come off a little argumentative, it's just the way I learn.

showmegreen

showmegreen

A person has to stand on their actions as justifiable or others will make our decisions for us. I concur. I wish I had your solution in my grasp so I could help you better. I can relate with the frustration. Sso can every person on here. If they say they can't they are liars or robots. Bless your grow! Maybe dial the humidity down a bit also. 30s are good for optimum convective transpiration. Might help. Peace

S

Shawnery

Check out some killer first timer RDWC roots. Hopefully these super healthy roots will help the plant recover from my reckless abandon. The last pic of roots only look smaller because most of the growth is on the other side. It's amazing that just like the top of the plant grows towards the light so the bottom of the plant grows towards the oxygen. I never believed that the roots would grow better on the air stone side but it's a fact people!

20171013 182012
20171013 182005
20171013 182033
S

Shawnery

Here are some current pics of the situation that should explain a lot better than I can. The ones that look lighter, in the middle and right front, are indica dominant. The ones that are darker and skinnier, left side and rear right, are sativa dominant. Does indica handle stress better than the sativa, it appears that way?

20171014 130022
20171014 130017
20171014 130028
H

hawkman

Here are some current pics of the situation that should explain a lot better than I can. The ones that look lighter, in the middle and right front, are indica dominant. The ones that are darker and skinnier, left side and rear right, are sativa dominant. Does indica handle stress better than the sativa, it appears that way?
indica's do handle stress better than sativa's - remember all way's feed after defoliate and include (B-52) ("B" vitiams helps with stress along with a good root stimmulator

S

Shawnery

I totally forgot I have bushdoctor Boomerang comeback formula. Anybody know how much of this I should add to my formula for my current situation and if this is a good idea?

S

Shawnery

I added some already but the Bush doctor boomerang formula is made for stressed plants.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Check out some killer first timer RDWC roots. Hopefully these super healthy roots will help the plant recover from my reckless abandon. The last pic of roots only look smaller because most of the growth is on the other side. It's amazing that just like the top of the plant grows towards the light so the bottom of the plant grows towards the oxygen. I never believed that the roots would grow better on the air stone side but it's a fact people!
I’m no DWC expert, but don’t brown roots indicate root rot? Are you using HydroGuard? What is the water temp in your buckets?

S

Shawnery

The roots are perfect much more white than they look and yes GH base nutes die your roots which I am using. My temps are mid to high 60's great weather in bay area lately.

Enforcer

Enforcer

The roots are perfect much more white than they look and yes GH base nutes die your roots which I am using. My temps are mid to high 60's great weather in bay area lately.
Ah, very good. I didn’t know GH did that. Nice big root ball you got there.

S

Shawnery

I was a little worried and was assured by a few people that GH is known for that. Then I looked up pythium and root rot and damn is it nasty.

Root rot in hydro marijuana
S

Shawnery

They look like mine. Some of them look pretty good but then some show signs of nitrogen problems or just heavy nutes. The curling talons is not a good sign.maybe a little on the dark side but I forget if that is phosphorus or not. You'll have to look those up to be sure though.

Top Bottom