How To Hydro

• Thread starter Jhax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jhax

Jhax

1. From what I understand you want to fill your system with clean water, add nutes based on whatever nutes/gal you have and then adjust PH. So a few days go by and your plants drink about half the water or so, now you top it off to full with fresh water. At this point you still havnt done a full water change yet, there is still a bit of nutes in the water since plants drink more water than nuterients it takes up. now its been a week and the ppm is low, your plants have taken up most of the nutes. This is when you should do a full water change and drain your system to fill with freshwater again, and to re-introduce your original nutrient plan again and remeasure PH.

If this is correct then i do understand the process, im just trying to make sure i have it right, and that its true you want to do a full water/nute change every week to 2 weeks or so.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

1. From what I understand you want to fill your system with clean water, add nutes based on whatever nutes/gal you have and then adjust PH. So a few days go by and your plants drink about half the water or so, now you top it off to full with fresh water. At this point you still havnt done a full water change yet, there is still a bit of nutes in the water since plants drink more water than nuterients it takes up. now its been a week and the ppm is low, your plants have taken up most of the nutes. This is when you should do a full water change and drain your system to fill with freshwater again, and to re-introduce your original nutrient plan again and remeasure PH.

If this is correct then i do understand the process, im just trying to make sure i have it right, and that its true you want to do a full water/nute change every week to 2 weeks or so.
Yes that’s pretty much it. Make sure to ph and check ppm/ec daily. I usually check ppm and ph in evening after work then adjust and wait till next day and do again. Make sure to use something like hydroguard for your roots!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom