How To Organically Clean A Room After Powdery Mildew Outbreak?

• Thread starter Perception
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perception

Perception

Wanted to update everyone on some changes I've made, since it's been a year and half, and I know people are still reading this.

I went to a 4x4' Gorilla tent, and should have done it sooner! Sooooo much easier to control environment. So much better. If you are on the fence about a tent, I highly recommend getting one. I'll never go back.

I also clean now with a 50/50 isopropyl (99%) to water mixture. I still wear a real respirator when spraying the iso, as it is potent, but the smell seems to dissipate faster than vinegar. I use 50/50 iso/h20 for EVERYTHING now when cleaning. Simple and easy.

I haven't have PM come back. I just do a VERY thorough cleaning after each grow, and use OG Biowar during my grow as an IPM (although plan to start trying homemade herbal sprays as an IPM, to cut down on costs of OG Biowar. But OGB does work!). I've done a few grows in the tent now with good results.

Last edited:
O

Oly Grow

Cleanliness is next to godliness.
I have one veg that feeds two flowering rooms. I use physan20 to clean all DWC systems in between cycles and the spray the interior of each room at that time. Pick up all dead matter.
I haven't seen pm in yrs. from other people's clones is a good way to get it.
note I also grow from seeds and clone my own moms. But every once in a blue I take a strain in clone form if I can't resist. but I grow it in a far away land in what I call my rehab. Hit it with floramite. Watch it. For six months make sure it's clean. Then and take clones off it. Once the clones root well I hit again with floramite. Then the best becomes my new mother and travels into the mother room. And the other strong clones will go to veg. Like right now I am in Cali prop420 n looking for a real kk strawberry cough clone. Any help would be great.

So you spray the walls with physan?

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Isopropyl is what Id use if I ever got mold. Some people can't stand the smell. Well how are they growing dank then if a little isopropyl bothers em?

But with high Brix buds as sticky as you get with the boring brown free ferts.. Preventative maintenance.

Anyone using bleach must be gay. Smells like bukakke.

O

Oly Grow

Isopropyl is what Id use if I ever got mold. Some people can't stand the smell. Well how are they growing dank then if a little isopropyl bothers em?

But with high Brix buds as sticky as you get with the boring brown free ferts.. Preventative maintenance.

Anyone using bleach must be gay. Smells like bukakke.

Well I ended up using a 2 gallon sprayer with pysan at 3 tablespoons per gallon. I just sprayed the ceiling walls and floors.

I have been trying lower temp grows and it is a pm magnet. Back at temps between 75 and 80 so ill see what happens.

C

CannaN00b

Do you throw out your soil and start again? This is why I'm surprised about the whole reuse your soil movement in cannabis. It's so foreign to me as an organic farmer. In traditional organic ag there's just too many risks of soil bones diseases and pathogens being passed on if monocropping and not practicing crop rotation

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

milk with vit d

it works on plants and the room.

spray milk on all plants..get them nice n milky then turn up the heat till the milk dries. you can leave the dry milk on or hose it off after 2 days.
spray it in the soil...feed it to the plants...
works great but u must get the room hot. atleast 90 degrees

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Cook your room at over 93 degrees for a few days. Kills PM spores dead. They can't handle it above 92 or 93 degrees. Cook it for 24 to 48 hours. Then wash all porous surfaces with a strong h2O2 solution. Wash the floor with potassium bicarbonate. Spray your plants with Banish twice a week and a dilute hydrogen peroxide solution once a week. Fuck those powdery mildew spores right in their assholes with the fungicide, miserable cocksuckers. Peroxide has an extra oxygen molecule that does many wonderful things for your plants, animals, athletes feet, and dirty vajayjays..lol...serious. you are going to be spraying two or three times a week an it needs to be integrated management just using ONE method will cause the mildew to build up a tolerance so right cross with Banish, left hook with peroxide. Keep your plants healthy, your humidity down, and you temp above 80 degrees. And circulate the air well UNDER that canopy.

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

20211204 180526

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

Just finished a grow where I battled Powdery Mildew. Looking for advice on cleaning the (now empty) room before next grow.

The basement room is carpeted, and I have an 8'x8' piece of linoleum on the floor around my 3'x3' grow tent. Tent is not sealed - just has hanging reflective material. I don't have illusions of totally eradicating all PM spores - just want to get it as good as I can, and I'd like to keep the cleaning procedure as organic as possible.

I was thinking about the following, but would love some opinions from others:

-> Spray down everything besides carpet with Vinegar/H20 mixture (maybe isopropyl?)
-> Vacuum well
-> Mist carpet with dilute anti-fungal herbal blend
-> Spray same mist in to intake fan ducting for room with fans running
-> Clean all fans in the room

Thoughts?
Molotov cocktail

TimeLine

TimeLine

I find a general rinse cycle of just water works well in preventing many things..that and strains that can resist for your specific micro environment
I have a tote i put em in to rinse and just cycle them into that tote over time in a rotation
Lots of great info in this thread..ty

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
I would just use some vinegar and water to clean, same as normal. I have never seen pm go from one plant to another, indoors or outdoors.

To me it seems like the plant 'creates the pm' itself, due to poor above soil or below soil conditions, leaning towards below soil though. I will have a unhealthy plant, surrounded by healthy plants, and only the unhealthy one will get pm. Only outdoors, I've never seen pm indoors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom