How To Properly Root And Veg In The Uc

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Could you elaborate a bit on the veg nutrients like what kind of PPM's are you running at each phase of your veg cycles or steps?

Like when you add 4/ml Dynabloom and 2/ml Cal/Mag to your RO water, how much PPM's or EC level are you running with this dosage?

Came out at about 360PPM with just the Dynabloom at 4ml and the Cal/Mag(Technaflora MagiCal) at 2ml per gallon added to 0PPM RO filtered water. Then added a rooting additive (Rootbastic from Atami) which added about 150PPM's to the mix.

Does 300 to 400PPM sound about right?

I know you dont like the additive but I had samples I needed to run some test with anyhow......

Thanks for all the information and help! Priceless! +Rep

PPM and EC are much less accurate ways to discuss nutrients then actual available ppm profiles. Thats why i do not post ec/ppm numbers.

Some good places to start learning about actual available ppm profiles is shroomdr's sticky in the nutrient section of ICmag. Spurrs work over there is also excellent.

If you want to check out my profile work the links are here:

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

@ 11 days in the UC. 20 days total (10 pre veg, 9 veg, 1 flower).

IMGP3384
IMGP3385
IMGP3386
BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Them sucker are big they just look a little hungry
Is that because the explosive growth eating up all the nutes
Mine are usually dark ass green just my roots aint as big as yours
Either way your blowing them up fast and you have me talked into trying h202 for a run with floranova.
Im about to be throwing some into my preveg tray that should tell me enough right there
Thanks for the info
BG

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Different growers use different methods for monotoring and testing. I am much more interested in what your EC level meter reads after an initial mix.....I have worked out the nutrient profiles and I use those as well but I also combine them with EC/PPM levels for our test and documentation.

Could you just tell me ball park what your EC levels or PPM reads after an initial mix? It would be much appreciated and VERY helpful.The more details on EC levels the better during the different part of your "phases" for vegging.

We do extensive nutrient testing and have been for the past 8 years and have developed very accurate testing methods that have been refined over the years. The EC levels plays a HUGE part in this and is a big part of how we determine or should I say "interpret" the best possible nutrient profiles.

Thanks

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Trying out your pre-veg-and veg forumlas in a friends testing UC. He graciously has granted us full access to his UC for this specific test. I have everything but the 29% H202 which is on order but in the meantime about how much 3% can I use for this formula in replace of the 29% until it gets here?

Peace!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Them sucker are big they just look a little hungry
Is that because the explosive growth eating up all the nutes
Mine are usually dark ass green just my roots aint as big as yours
Either way your blowing them up fast and you have me talked into trying h202 for a run with floranova.
Im about to be throwing some into my preveg tray that should tell me enough right there
Thanks for the info
BG

indeed they were hungry. We installed a top off this time and it was really watering down the solution. we changed it out last night this is what we used:

4 ml cal-mag
6 ml H&G
2 ml h2o2
1g epsom
protek to 5.2

EC (just for u biomaster) was 1.8

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

....:) Your the best DS!!! I dont care what Budgoggles says about you......hehe

Will you be using the H&G additives like BudXL or Multizen at any point in time later in the grow or flower cycle I should say?

M

moneyorlove

awsome thread! i just copied everything down i cant wait to start a uc system ^_^

tyvm!

J

jdubz401

What's going on buddy, I run the same system as you, and right now I am germinating some sour kush seeds after I will be putting them in rockwell cubes to get roots. That is where I am stuck where do I go when they get roots?
I don't own another system other then the current culture and a cloner. Any suggestions

G

guilty

What's going on buddy, I run the same system as you, and right now I am germinating some sour kush seeds after I will be putting them in rockwell cubes to get roots. That is where I am stuck where do I go when they get roots?
I don't own another system other then the current culture and a cloner. Any suggestions

DS has a great post on rooting and vegging in the UC, although its for cuttings you can still take a great deal of information from it.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Great thread DS.

Really, you put a lot of good, easy to follow info. Thanks.

snoopytime

snoopytime

yes Great thread DS! I followed your rooting powder advice and get the one from home depot, for like $5.99 . . its this one right here:

The thing is, I cut the angle on the stem under RO water then dip it in the powder, i thought that much would be good for it, but it fukked the shit up, like turned the stems into mush and when roots did come out on some it paralyzed the rest of the crown so they are all stunted and retarded.

I am thinking, you probably dip a DRY stem in there?> Or whats up? Did I get the wrong shit? The ingredient is the same as in uhh clonex gel, indole-3 butyric acid .1% . . the rest is 99.99% talc, aka baby powder? Anyway please let me know how you do it, I dont wanna go bare-skin cloning I want the extra day or 2 or 3 (hopefully) that the powder will give, but I dont want microwaved stems lol.

Thanks man!

P

phup

DS, I mentioned previously that I am doing a test run on a 8 site UC before converting our warehouse and I'm following your methodology. I pre-vegged in 4" rockwool for 11 days until reasonable root growth was evident on the bottom before placing them in the UC according to your direction.
I then proceeded to water them daily which according to UCHQ slowed root growth (I should have realized that your instructions for daily watering was for plants pre-vegged in water culture). I have since reduced the watering frequency and dropped the water level to about 2" below the net pots.
After 10 days in the UC they are still only 12" tall, and slightly pale slightly behind were my soil plants are. My environmental parameters are only good, my daytime RH is only 48, but the soil plants don't mind.
The only thing I can think is that I am using H&G soil (@ 500ppm 5.7ph) (have the aqua flakes on order) and Dynabloom is not available where I live. Would this significantly impede growth rates? Your plants are orders of magnitude larger then mine after 7 days in the UC.
Any thoughts? Thanks DS

PHup

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

H&G at 1/4 str contains only 5 ppm of actual available P. The dyna profile has around 80-90 p. Thats why it is so vital to root with another profile, H&G simply doest have enough P to promote root growth.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

This might be why people are impressed with RE. I never understood why.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

few updates:

plants were defoliated a few times over the next 25 days, the last defoliation will be tomorrow...

5 days into flower:

C

catchafish

Damn D.S. you are definitely rocking them. I need to learn how to drop the hammer like that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom