How To Reverse Sex Using Silver Thiosulfate Solution

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

the base formulas store well in the fridge. Once you do the final mixing tough, I would use it fairly quickly. STS I mean. That two solutions themselves are totally clear, then you mix the two solutions and it immediately goes almost black from the silver compounds dissipating into the mix. I would keep anything you mix, in the dark as the light degrades the silver. Its the same reason the silver nitrate is always packaged in a dark bottle or light proof container.

P

poedizzle

So can you buy both parts off the internet in seperate places and not need to fill out a DEA fourm, Thanks
~POE~

B

bicycle racer

im pretty sure when mixed it should not be black but clear if its black it may have precipitated out of solution you have to use 0ppm water for sts mixes.

budboy299

budboy299

I've been playing with making feminized seeds for a while and could never seem to get it to be consistant. Either with colloidal silver or with STS
Sometimes I would get a bit of pollen and other times the plant just seemed to stop right before the pods opened. I even crushed up the pods and applied to the ladies to no avail.

I've been a googlin fool and found this out....

This is the recipe written by Fet the former breeder for spice of life seeds....enjoy.. it is this part about the plant trying to revert to its original feminisim that is interesting. So today I sprayed some plants 1-chronic, 1-local strain"Jack", 1-AK47 and 1 strawberry diesel. Threw them into 12/12 and will follow up in 2 weeks with another spraying. These are simply 3 day old clones I had that were extras.

Using STS For Sex Reversal

There has been one key change that I want to pass along to everyone

I have discovered that using a stronger concentration of STS does not make a plant more likely to produce pollen. It just burns/stresses the plant. What DOES make a plant much more likely to complete it's mission and make pollen is a second spraying at the end of week 2.

My conclusion is that STS in any concentration is only effective at inhibiting ethylene for about 3 weeks; at that point the plant's natural female metabolism begins to take back control, and even a plant that is covered with male blooms can't finish the journey to manhood and produce pollen. A second spraying allows inhibition to last through week 6, which is more than enough time to release pollen.

Some of you have decided to use stronger concentrations of STS. This is fine as long as it doesn't burn your plants. Obviously there is a wide range of usable formulas that will work. But the second spraying is the key to follow-through. You can store the working solution you used for round one (in the spray bottle) in your refrigerator for two weeks; no need to mix a new batch from stock.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

budboy great info thanks! i've been researching this all day after someone commented on a thread of mine if i end up with any s1's to send them their way and i figured wth maybe i'll try and make some! good info on here and from my searching i've found

sts
sc
Hybritech eliteXelite
PGsolutions Stamen-It

but the last to "available to public" ready to use products i can find nowhere. i did find a email address on PGsolutions and shot them a msg we will see if they even exist anymore and if their product is available.

so far i think the sc is my best bet and i have a $3,000 gold plating machine i could pump out a ton of sc with. i bought it and never used it as it was a impulse buy years ago so maybe i'll get some use out of it besides the few guns i gold plated messing around.

budboy299

budboy299

I sprayed my female clones with the STS but none have any yellowing or leaf curl.
Anyone any thoughts on this?
The plant I sprayed with CS for 2 weeks did but none of the STS ones have.
May end up having to hit them again...they seem healthy and should be able to take it.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i know very little about male plants never had a reason to grow one or reverse the sex until now. is there any benefits to any type of plant structure manipulation like topping, fim, lst etc with a male plant? does getting flowering sites any closer to the light produce more pollen? I've heard you don't get much pollen at all when you reverse a plant so i was wondering if topping would assist or maybe side lighting. if there is no direct relation between light intensity and amount of pollen generated or it's influence is minimal i was thinking about just using a closet and some cfl's for reversed plants and males i want to grab pollen from.

budboy299

budboy299

I did a seed run of autoflowers under 2-T12 bulbs. Males had a ton of pollen. I cannot see how it would be alot different with regular reversed plants.
Seems to be a few ppl saying how there is not much pollen from reversed females so that may be true. When I reversed a female clone outside, it went well but was hard to determine how much pollen there was because it was in the elements. Wind kept blowing pollen away before you could really see how much there was.

I did mix up the STS and was nice a fresh, so I am stumped as to why no yellowing. I did have lots of yellowing when I did it before so it is very odd.
few days and I will spray again.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

I did a seed run of autoflowers under 2-T12 bulbs. Males had a ton of pollen. I cannot see how it would be alot different with regular reversed plants.
Seems to be a few ppl saying how there is not much pollen from reversed females so that may be true. When I reversed a female clone outside, it went well but was hard to determine how much pollen there was because it was in the elements. Wind kept blowing pollen away before you could really see how much there was.

I did mix up the STS and was nice a fresh, so I am stumped as to why no yellowing. I did have lots of yellowing when I did it before so it is very odd.

could the yellowing be strain dependent? i read about yellowing as well but i don't remember them saying it happens 100% of the time or that it didn't so I'm not sure bro but keep us posted i'd love the insight before i take on the task myself!

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I just tried this process last night and I'm hoping for good results. Thanks for posting such valuable info for the folks at the farm TK! It's much appreciated man.

Respect

Delae

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm about 4 1/2 weeks in on a reversal, and while I have a lot of male flowers, no pollen has dropped yet. I'm wondering if I should give one more STS treatment

Such a trip to see one of my favorite ladies with nuts!!!:eek:

boshuter

boshuter

I tried the STS with same results, it was like I sprayed plain water. The plants never yellowed or gave any other indication they had been sprayed. I tried it twice on different plants with different strengths, nothing happened. I attributed it to degraded chemicals, but really have no idea what was wrong. I'd really like to get this to work, I'm just a small grower for personal use and due to circumstances I really need to use feminized seeds, and for me, ordering seeds is something I'd like to not have to do. I'm going to give it another shot in a couple of months when I get some clones, I think I'll try to have some alternate options like CS or even commercial sprays on hand, surely I can get one method to work.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Doing this outdoors, I would strongly recommend using pollen bags, like these. At the first sign of male flowers, attach them. Check them and collect the pollen daily. I'd also recommend against doing this oudoors in all but dry climates.

Top Bottom