How to roll a Dutch Master blunt

• Thread starter crom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Hey Farmers what's good? I just thought I'd let you see how I spin my blunts as everyone seems to love them. I usually add about .3 of some bubble hash if I'm in for the night. Anyway here's my tutorial on how I roll Dutch Masters - Corona Strawberry blunts. Enjoy and feel free to leave love and constructive criticism. :passingjoint:

The cigar*I'm in no way trying to advertise this companies product, I just favor this cigar, as I feel it is a great product.*

I enjoy this brand cigar because it is tasty, without the syrup flavor of todays blunt wraps, smooth as anything, burns even and slow, and I can order them by the box (50) for like $50 shipped. They come in a cigar box, of course, and are individually wrapped for freshness. They stay pretty fresh, though the last few are a little dry. The box comes wrapped in plastic as well.

The method:

There are a few different types of cigar products used to roll "blunts" these days and in the past. Most people that buy cigars for rolling purposes either buy what is called a "blunt wrap", which consists of just the wrapping of a traditional cigar with tobacco inside. The second type of cigar product used is a traditional cigar with tobacco inside. On the East/North East Coast,USA, some prefer Phillies, White Owls, Garcia Vega, Dutch Master, Swisher Sweet, Backwoods, Black & Mild/Gold, and various other brands. These are all your typical looking, sized, shaped cigars available in gas stations, for instance. From what I have found on the West Coast most smokers prefer Swisher Sweets, and flavored blunt wraps. Though Swishers are good cigars, I have a very hard time finding the cigars that I loved growing up in the North East. I don't know anyone who really knows what a Dutchy is let alone where I can get a box of 50. This is in smoke shops, and head shops. So I went online in search, and found them. You can even have your order repeat automatically so you don't run out. lol

I would not recommend buying an "expensive" cigar for rolling purposes as they don't work as well because they are rolled differently then the cheaper cigars. IMO Expensive cigars have multiple tobacco leaves wrapped around the tobacco, which is shredded in long to fine strands.

Dutch Master, the cigar we are working with today, just so happens to be my favorite. I have included a step-by-step picture tutorial to show you how to achieve good results from a Dutch. I am not saying that I feel my way is the best or that you can't do it completely different or with a different brand cigar even. I am strictly posting this as a guide to those that "don't know".

So, As you can see in the pictures you can jack up parts of the cigar paper and even tear it slightly and still make it work. Very forgiving for the quality. I also use RAW rolling tips. Tips/crutches/filters whatever you call them, help keep bud out of your mouth, keep the mouth piece open and free from clog, and it allows you to smoke your blunt down to the "tip" without the use of a roach clip or other small blunt/joint technique being needed. Therefore you get to smoke all the bud, without a burn. I also like them because it gives you a sturdy base for a big blunt, and when you "out" your blunt it's like a cigarette butt. Whatever lol

So this is an important tip! Pay attention to this small but important tip. Listening? Ok lol Break up/grind/cut your bud up BEFORE you even open your cigar! Reason being the cigar dries out FAST and therefore if not kept moist it WILL dry and fall apart/break like a potato chip. SO do this:

Steps:

1-Weigh out your dose- in this example I rolled myself a 1.6g blunt of some of my SSSDH(SSH pheno)

2-Ensure that you remove ALL stalk/stem/seed? possible! Stems will poke holes in your blunt when you roll it, don't be lazy! Ever smoke a seed? BOOM lol yeah they pop like popcorn. I use trimming type scissors.

3-Grind/cut/break up your buds

4-Smell & Smile!

5-Prepare your rolling tip/crutch/filter

6-Open cigar wrapper

7-Using a cigar tip cutter, or knife, remove the BOTTOM(rounded) 1/2" of the cigar

8-Hold your cigar like a cobb of corn and start doing passes on it with either your tongue, or you can use your fingertip dipped in water, sponge. Ensure the cigar is moist NOT SOAKED

9-Find the start of the outside leaf tip. Since there are two ends you might think what's the difference? One end is on the top and the other end is on top of itself.

10-Gently peel the outside leaf off following the barber pool design. Be careful not to tear this or allow it to dry out.

DO NOT WET DARK BROWN LEAF

*TIP* When getting used to this technique or difficult rolls, try wrapping this outside leaf (the lighter colored one) around a cold "sweaty" drink. This makes the leaf stick to it and it keeps it moist for you while you roll the first part. Be careful not to let it get too wet though!

11-Remove the "cancer paper" (sorry for the term)it's the small wavy piece wrapped around one of the ends. It tastes bad when smoked. Locate the "seam" on the dark brown interior leaf of the cigar. Cut with a razor blade, or separate with your thumbs.

12-Discard tobacco from inside cigar. Clean any pieces stuck to the inside off.

13-With the inside of the cigar seam on the inside and on the bottom, prepare to roll by placing "rolling tip" either on your right or left side, whatever your preference is.

*TIP* The reason I put the seam down is because when you close the blunt you lick it like a joints glue strip. When you wet the seam side to seal with it the seal sometimes comes off putting a wrench in the roll. A way to skirt this issue is to remove the inside seam piece off with scissors prior to adding bud.

14-Add your bud. Spreading it evenly throughout the surface of the blunt between the end and the rolling tip.

*TIP* Prior to sealing your blunt try to roll the bud between your fingers making it form to the shape you want the blunt to be. This way you aren't trying too hard to close the blunt around the bud. You can do this with joints as well.

15-Roll that blunt! ENSURE that you tuck the leaf around the bud like a straw or it will cause problems while smoking it, making it burn unevenly. This first leaf doesn't need to be perfect. If you tear the paper don't flip out! just keep it minor and don't let it get worse. Be gentle and let the moisture work for you. As strange as it sounds, if either leaves get too dry I put them near my mouth and huff breath on it to moisturize it. It works perfect. When the leaves dry they will snap be careful.

*TIP* You can save an injured blunt with pieces that you have removed thus far. Like a patch kit. Just don't make it bulky or it'll burn funny.

16-Now pick up your outside leaf, or peel it off your cup. Lick the inside of the curled leaf completely. It's okay if you get it a bit wet as this is what will seal the blunt.

17-Place the smoking tip end near the small squared off end of the outside leaf. (See pics) Begin by wrapping the mouth end a bit tightly and the while adding slight tension on the outside leaf tuck and roll that bad boy. Make it as tight or loose as you want. If you roll the first leaf loose/too loose you can tighten it up now. Don't go too tight as the blunt will keep going out on you. I use a desk most of the time but you can get a nice tight blunt while holding it in your hands without a table around. Lick the outside to stick all that leaf on there. I tend to twist the end to allow transport without spillage. I trim the excess off, and any extra leaf around the smoking tip.

18-Not pictured are some "veins" on the secondary leaf. Sometimes you'll get one that won't stay down. Think bad hair day. Using your scissors remove the vein itself from the leaf. The remaining leaf is much easier to stick then the veins.

19-Pack your blunt now and then to ensure an even burn by tapping the rolling tip end on the table or a hard surface(kinda like how cigarette smokers pack their smokes), and feel free to pack that bud down lightly as you roll.

20-Spark it. You can also use a lighter to dry the blunt so it burns better, but don't over dry or burn the leaf. I would only really worry about the dryness being more around the immediate area that will be burned first allowing the rest to dry slower.

21-Share the knowledge.

22-Leave some love:party0042:

Cheers,
Crom

How to roll a dutch master blunt
How to roll a dutch master blunt 2
How to roll a dutch master blunt 3
How to roll a dutch master blunt 4
How to roll a dutch master blunt 5
How to roll a dutch master blunt 6
How to roll a dutch master blunt 7
How to roll a dutch master blunt 8
How to roll a dutch master blunt 9
How to roll a dutch master blunt 10
How to roll a dutch master blunt 11
How to roll a dutch master blunt 12
How to roll a dutch master blunt 13
How to roll a dutch master blunt 14
How to roll a dutch master blunt 15
How to roll a dutch master blunt 16
How to roll a dutch master blunt 17
How to roll a dutch master blunt 18
How to roll a dutch master blunt 19
How to roll a dutch master blunt 20
How to roll a dutch master blunt 21
How to roll a dutch master blunt 22
How to roll a dutch master blunt 23
How to roll a dutch master blunt 24
How to roll a dutch master blunt 25
How to roll a dutch master blunt 26
How to roll a dutch master blunt 27
How to roll a dutch master blunt 28
How to roll a dutch master blunt 29
How to roll a dutch master blunt 30
How to roll a dutch master blunt 31
How to roll a dutch master blunt 32
How to roll a dutch master blunt 33
How to roll a dutch master blunt 34
How to roll a dutch master blunt 35
How to roll a dutch master blunt 36
How to roll a dutch master blunt 37
Papi Chingon

Papi Chingon

that's a pretty cool technique! thanks for posting it along with the pics.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
that's a pretty cool technique! thanks for posting it along with the pics.

Thanks for the kind words Papi! Thanks for stoppin by. Try it sometime...

:passingjoint:

Cheers,
Crom

Papi Chingon

Papi Chingon

honestly, i'm not a blunt smoker at all, but i will give this a shot at least once.

420king-MASSES

ya i roll old school l style with green tube/leaf garcia vegas or dutch masters honey coronas but im a bong slut excellent thread bro

M

Morals

ya i roll old school l style with green tube/leaf garcia vegas or dutch masters honey coronas but im a bong slut excellent thread bro

I used to rock the vega green leaf back in the day by the box. Nice blunt Crom,try rolling in just the leaf for a super clean smoke sometime. It's harder to do but it's the best.

T

TheIronLung317

"Girl you fancy huh?"!! Nice instructional bro!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
honestly, i'm not a blunt smoker at all, but i will give this a shot at least once.

:) that's what I'm talking about, open mindedness. lol Yeah Papi it's worth trying to see if you like it. It burns with a nice incense smell like strawberries. The strawberry flavor gives a nice flavor when your rolling it too.

Hey if anyone has a different technique and feels like posting pix and info feel free!

Cheers,
Crom

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
"Girl you fancy huh?"!! Nice instructional bro!

What's good IronLung? Nice name lol I had a friend we would call that. He would make the sickest homemade smoking devices. One time he took a tennis ball, screwed a metal bowl into a hole he made in the top, then put a piece of tubing in to puff on. We were like what is this shit?! lol a tennis ball?? MAaaaaan we hit that thing and it hit Soooo hard! This was back in the day before we really knew what was up with glass. Anyway ol school days...

Cheers,
Crom

T

treehugger

I don't do blunts very often, but when i do, i go all out and use a cuban cigar as starting material. I like to wet a paper towel, wring it out and roll the cigar up loosely in the towel and then nuke it on medium for 2-3 minutes. The warm, moist treatment swells and conditions the wrapper so it's easy to remove. Once the wrapper is removed, fold the damp towel around it to keep it in workable condition.

Being that these wrappers aren't really cheap i also pre-roll the blunt with an oversized rolling paper first, it eliminates a lot of the problems you run into rolling with a natural leaf and makes adding a tip a cinch. Take your pre-roll and roll that natural leaf onto it just the way it came off the cigar (start at the top, finish at the butt), a little honey dabbed conservatively on the finish edge is usually sufficient to bond the whole thing together, especially after drying.

Tasty, slow reliable light, and that speed-ball buzz of nicotine and thc!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What's up treehugger? Hey that sounds like a cool technique. I never tried to get cubans before. I've seen them but never thought to roll one. Any pics?

Cheers,
Crom

T

treehugger

What's up treehugger? Hey that sounds like a cool technique. I never tried to get cubans before. I've seen them but never thought to roll one. Any pics?

Cheers,
Crom

Ya, it's amazing what you can find for sale on the internet!

T

tehsag3

hah my friend taught me to roll almost EXACTLY like this hah. I wonder if this is a common technique? the only issue i've run into is that sometimes they become hard to pull. does the filter tip help that? i need to ventilate my blunts!! (new to the forums also, so hell all!)

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
hah my friend taught me to roll almost EXACTLY like this hah. I wonder if this is a common technique? the only issue i've run into is that sometimes they become hard to pull. does the filter tip help that? i need to ventilate my blunts!! (new to the forums also, so hell all!)

What's good tehsag3? Funny that someone else has used this method lol. I bet it is common among those in the know about Dutchies. The rolling tip makes it hit like a champ bro I definitely swear by the tips to keep the flow up. Try it out.
Welcome to the Farm! Great place here. See ya around.

Cheers,
Crom

dextr0

dextr0

Imma try a dutch when i feel like fuckin with a whole bunch of shit. We roll em and smoke em....
rsz_dsc03329.jpg
rsz_dsc03330.jpg
rsz_dsc03332.jpg
rsz_dsc03324.jpg

:evilgrin0040:

winta

winta

nice tutorial crom! im gonna throw some pics up later (if u dont mind of course) of how i twist my dutches :)

p.s my only critcizm is i only fuck wit the good ollll vanillas master collection ;)!

Dutch box
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
nice tutorial crom! im gonna throw some pics up later (if u dont mind of course) of how i twist my dutches :)

p.s my only critcizm is i only fuck wit the good ollll vanillas master collection ;)!

Winta my man what's good buddy? Yeah I also enjoy the vanilla, & grape, with the right strains. Grape stomper, purple erkle, gdp taste nice in a grape. I mainly enjoy the taste while rolling it. I would love to see some shots homie! This can be an all things Dutchy thread! :passingjoint: Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers,
Crom

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What's up dextrO? What type of blunt is pictured? I have seen others split a Dutch right down the middle w/o unwrapping it before. Only downfall if any is asthetics and maybe an uneven burn.

I have been experimenting w/ different types of tips to see what's out there recently. I picked up 6 packs of the arch shaped "cone" tips from Element. They make for a solid hitting blunt though it seems too much work to actually roll a cone blunt that you can stuff. I remember back in the daze when we would smoke godfathers, philly blunt w/ the tobacco removed and packed with bud. Oh the quarrels of mid grade herb in High school. I seem to favor regular shaped tips like the one pictured in my tutorial.

Cheers,
Crom

Latest posts

Top Bottom