Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Work work work

1816 House

1816 House

Ugh, just had to take a work break today.
Took a walk thru a peat bog covered in Elderberries, to this nice little quiet pond for a smoke break.
That peat is like walking on a down mattress. It felt like a vacation day, that 20 minute pit stop.
20170807 151703
20170807 152559

1816 House

1816 House

Detonating cord along the ground...
Hey, it was like a B52 strike!, lol. I wondered about the secondary roiling in the water, couldn't figure that out.
No thanks because:
First time in a northern bog was this same exact place, sank up to my waist, then hit sand bottom.
Bogs are only fun in droughts like this or ice season, smell like black slime any other time .

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Will be soon this morning be..8 mile fish float.
My generations music....Nothing these days can touch this....

Last edited:
xavier7995

xavier7995

I think I posted in this thread about a year ago about fighting a deer. Was back at the same campground this past weekend and sure enough, that asshole showed up for round 2. We were making some sandwiches when this mule deer sauntered in to the site and tried walking up to the picnic table to take a sandwich. Wife and kid ran away, but well...I wasn't having any of that. You didn't put in on this jar a peanut butter dawg. So I ran around flapping my arms and jumping and yelling, to no avail. We were in a standoff situation. Luckily my fire poking stick was nearby, grabbed that and started pounding on the side of the bear box. No dice, thing was used to people and noise. So I approached. Deer backed up when I got within 5 feet, so we had a bit of a choreographed dance as I tried to back him out of our site and back into the trees. Finally I reached out with my stick and gave him a little poke in the chest. That prompted it to turn tail and...go 10 feet away into the next camp site over and proceed to lick their grill for like 15 minutes.

Got rained on everyday, so the weather was not good.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I think I posted in this thread about a year ago about fighting a deer. Was back at the same campground this past weekend and sure enough, that asshole showed up for round 2. We were making some sandwiches when this mule deer sauntered in to the site and tried walking up to the picnic table to take a sandwich. Wife and kid ran away, but well...I wasn't having any of that. You didn't put in on this jar a peanut butter dawg. So I ran around flapping my arms and jumping and yelling, to no avail. We were in a standoff situation. Luckily my fire poking stick was nearby, grabbed that and started pounding on the side of the bear box. No dice, thing was used to people and noise. So I approached. Deer backed up when I got within 5 feet, so we had a bit of a choreographed dance as I tried to back him out of our site and back into the trees. Finally I reached out with my stick and gave him a little poke in the chest. That prompted it to turn tail and...go 10 feet away into the next camp site over and proceed to lick their grill for like 15 minutes.

Got rained on everyday, so the weather was not good.
Now this is interesting. What is it a euphemism for?

Underthesun

Underthesun

I've been attacked by grouse on the trails a few times. Could have had an easy meal. Not sure how a little animal has survived evolution that walks right up to humans snipping at their legs as if saying "grab me by the neck and eat me". He seemed pissed more than hungry from being fed. I just left him be. Probably protecting a nest or something, but he wasn't very scary.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have to tread carefully here, my wife might break out her Bowie knife and meat hook! She from the Faeroe Islands, and her cousin runs a "Grind" I think . (I'll pass on the blubber and fresh brains, dear., Thanks)

The Faroese , Norway and Iceland are like Fish Mafia, they are involved in it everywhere.
Whale War II, I'm gonna stay neutral, like Switzerland and Soccer.
Ya can't stay nuetral man. Wheres your sense of adventa? .:D

xavier7995

xavier7995

I've been attacked by grouse on the trails a few times. Could have had an easy meal. Not sure how a little animal has survived evolution that walks right up to humans snipping at their legs as if saying "grab me by the neck and eat me". He seemed pissed more than hungry from being fed. I just left him be. Probably protecting a nest or something, but he wasn't very scary.

That might be the other wild beast we encountered. My Midwestern upbringing led me to believe it was a little turkey...and both the wife and I marveled at "wtf is a turkey doing in the mountains...they must be more adaptable and have a wider habitat than we thought.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

78 clear but fugly . humidity 52 % . well , to be honest the only thing i've achieved today is a perma shit eating grin......thcfarmer does it evertime .lol. Love it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom