Hps + Cmh

• Thread starter Balanque
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Balanque

Balanque

Couple questions for setting up a large grow.
Say I have a 15 x 15 foot area, would 8 1000w hps and a 1000w de cmh in the middle (5x5 each) be sufficient and allow for some overlap among them? Basically i want the cmh supplementing the HPS. Are my calculations appropriate as far as footprint goes? Would the lighting be excessive or inefficient for that area of space? Any suggestions?

H

heisen

With 1000w cmh why even bother with the hps.
The cmh is broader spectrum.with led technology and cmh bulbs getting brighter hps is dead.only a few hardcore hps fans will disagree but the technology is changing.my local hydro guy havnt sold a hps rig in 6 months.

Balanque

Balanque

Just to lower costs, although you have a point. Its 150$ more per cmh, considering the size of what i'm ultimately shooting for it may very well be worth just doing the cmh's. Certainly liking my 315. Is 5x5 good per light or should we go smaller?

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

With 1000w cmh why even bother with the hps.
The cmh is broader spectrum.with led technology and cmh bulbs getting brighter hps is dead.only a few hardcore hps fans will disagree but the technology is changing.my local hydro guy havnt sold a hps rig in 6 months.
Heisen you bastard you just had to get me going. Do led s make you feel like your on a Mexican beach and heat your space in the winter like a good wife who can swing an axe? Do cmh s not make you go blind af whilst not even glowing like a morning moon? Drops mic. Argument won

H

heisen

Heisen you bastard you just had to get me going. Do led s make you feel like your on a Mexican beach and heat your space in the winter like a good wife who can swing an axe? Do cmh s not make you go blind af whilst not even glowing like a morning moon? Drops mic. Argument won
Lol not much of an qrgument

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Haha. Actually tho specific to balanque s situation.. like trying to scrape what you can together with minimal cash hps is so cheap man. Once he does a few rounds he’ll be able to buy the most expensive bloody cmh s and leds he wants. Would you rather use 2-3 times less lights to start your business. Keep in mind this is real life and he’s got a tight budget.

H

heisen

Haha. Actually tho specific to balanque s situation.. like trying to scrape what you can together with minimal cash hps is so cheap man. Once he does a few rounds he’ll be able to buy the most expensive bloody cmh s and leds he wants. Would you rather use 2-3 times less lights to start your business. Keep in mind this is real life and he’s got a tight budget.
Pay now smile later.pay later cry later.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

We aren’t on the same page here at all. His option literally is hps with a couple cmh, or a lot less lights. No harvest, no $ I get your point, but in this case it’s a matter of start up cash limitations

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

But he can add mad lights after a round or 3. All the most expensive gold plated qbs and cmh and whatever those scientist bastards come up with next

H

heisen

We aren’t on the same page here at all. His option literally is hps with a couple cmh, or a lot less lights. No harvest, no $ I get your point, but in this case it’s a matter of start up cash limitations
Cool I have a whole shop full of bs lights I can never get rid of.wish I had went all cob from the beginning or 1000w cmh but that option wasnt available.try and sell a used hps getup and no one wants them.everyone wants boards or cobs or the 630 lecs.the 1000cmh I have is a beast

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ya I getcha. Don’t agree in this case but valid advice. How many lights do you run?

Madmax

Madmax

Is there now a stable low frequency ballast on the market to run the 1000w cmh...high frequancy has a risk to crack a bulb going by what that dude said in the 1000w cmh bulb thread.was the reason why i never purchased a 1000wcmh and bought a gavita 6/750 instead

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Cool I have a whole shop full of bs lights I can never get rid of.wish I had went all cob from the beginning or 1000w cmh but that option wasnt available.try and sell a used hps getup and no one wants them.everyone wants boards or cobs or the 630 lecs.the 1000cmh I have is a beast
Hey If you want rid of those used hps units .. lol I’m a collector. I bet you got some real beauties. There you go everyone wins

H

heisen

Is there now a stable low frequency ballast on the market to run the 1000w cmh...high frequancy has a risk to crack a bulb going by what that dude said in the 1000w cmh bulb thread.was the reason why i never purchased a 1000wcmh and bought a gavita 6/750 instead
Ballast was built for cmh specifically.
20180817 192514

Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i dont know anything about it dude.i guess im just taking his word for it.
He has put me off purchasing one.is that a 3 yr warranty on the ballast..heisen..

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

Honestly dont know.i got it from growers house.nanaolux 1000w cmh fixture and bulb
Hey heisenbubble. Do u have any other nanolux cmh? I’ was planing on buying one of their 315’s and a 630 but heard they were having issues with bulbs burning out. Just wondering how u like them?

H

heisen

Hey heisenbubble. Do u have any other nanolux cmh? I’ was planing on buying one of their 315’s and a 630 but heard they were having issues with bulbs burning out. Just wondering how u like them?
Ive been running it for 2 weeks now and hasnt burned out.I think the issues was with people putting the 945 and 1000s in non approved digital ballast or not using the ballast designed for it.I got the nanolux fixture that was built specifically for the cmh.Its a 2 bulb and not the 3 bulb 945.I think people were also putting them bulbs in gravitas.
This light is BRIGHT as shit i have to tell you.Heat is about the same as a \DE HPS maybe slightly less but i know the top of the hood gets to hot to touch above the bulb.
Honestly if i didnt have to regulate my electricity i would run 6 of these instead of the cobs.I love the cobs but the growth under this CMH is better than an outdoor plant.Some of the prettiest fan leaves and color of green ive ever seen on a plant.

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

Ive been running it for 2 weeks now and hasnt burned out.I think the issues was with people putting the 945 and 1000s in non approved digital ballast or not using the ballast designed for it.I got the nanolux fixture that was built specifically for the cmh.Its a 2 bulb and not the 3 bulb 945.I think people were also putting them bulbs in gravitas.
This light is BRIGHT as shit i have to tell you.Heat is about the same as a \DE HPS maybe slightly less but i know the top of the hood gets to hot to touch above the bulb.
Honestly if i didnt have to regulate my electricity i would run 6 of these instead of the cobs.I love the cobs but the growth under this CMH is better than an outdoor plant.Some of the prettiest fan leaves and color of green ive ever seen on a plant.

It the nanolux cmh ballasts I’m talking about. I have read that people are having issues with Philips and other bulbs burning out in first couple of weeks.

Top Bottom