HPS Lamps?

• Thread starter sspitfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sspitfire

sspitfire

Hi. Im planning to get some hps bulbs but idk what exactly. My growroom is the size of a standart wardrobre. So how many bulbs I need? What wattage? And can you tell me the price ? Also what ballast do I need? Can you please link to some ballast so I get an idea? Maybe from ebay or whatever? thx

sspitfire

sspitfire

I couldn't find a topic about hps lamps.. can anyone help me a bit here? How many 600W HPS lamps I need for a small growbox the size of a wardrobe ?

jagle

jagle

depends on a lot of things
why not search around the grow design forum.
noone can answer this for you because it depends too much on what you do

Dunge

Dunge

Nobody can say for sure what will work in your wardrobe.
I'll go out on a limb and recommend a 400 Watt with electronic ballast.
I got one off ebay for $160 if I remember correctly.
My lamp accommodates metal halide and HPS and came with two bulbs.

I have never gotten useful results from the search function. It needs a tutorial or if in fact it is crap, people need to stop posting the snotty "use the search function" reply.

Botanikos

Botanikos

A standard rule of thumb would be 150w-175w covers 2'x2' 250w 3'x3', 400w 4'x4' 600w 6.5'x6.5' 1000w 8'x8'

I'm guessing that your wardrobe size would be being successful with any light you choose but if you want to yield more crop you would be advised to go with a min of 400w but I'd recommend 600w from experience.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

I would start thinking about how your going to cool that wardrobe no matter if you go with a 400 or 600....

S

SparkyMartyn

would need more details

how big is your space?
whats your budget?
is stealth an issue?
power consumption issues?
what kind of ventilation you got?
how many plants and what style?
plus many more questions......

going on most wardrobes id suggest a 400w if exhaust/inlet is small or a 600w if in aircooled hood or cooltube??

Top Bottom