Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Yeah man i dotted all the i's already so i can nail it down to air quality for sure.I wish it was a burner than i would know it for sure.I checked the room Co2 level with the door shut after an hour and it was in the 100's/ I think with the amount of light and PPM of the DWC setup the plants are starving for CO2/
Before ive always been able to skimp by without CO2 early on but this room is sealed and when i say sealed i mean like a vault.
Im gonna run 600PPM and see where it goes.If that doesn't perk them up than ill do an air exchange.Ive heard of certain mini splits and other types of paint causing weird gasses that will stunt younger plants.
Ill get it figured out

Freshone

Freshone

I pulled my hair out for a long time when i first sealed up,my room is tight as a drum too.Ohnestly your gonna need more ppms than 600 in a room like that imo.While i dont do 1500 like some i do 900-1350 range bumping up as i go into flower and down the last few weeks.

H

heisen

I pulled my hair out for a long time when i first sealed up,my room is tight as a drum too.Ohnestly your gonna need more ppms than 600 in a room like that imo.While i dont do 1500 like some i do 900-1350 range bumping up as i go into flower and down the last few weeks.
Yeah man I'm trying to nail down an issue so im having to take baby steps to get to the problem.I run my co2 around 1100 after 2nd week flip.
2 week clones wont need that much.my atmospheric levels were in the 120 range with the door closed so I'm gonna see if this solves the issue.i cant throw the kitchen sink at them or else I wont find the exact issue

H

heisen

After 6 hrs of 600 PPM of co2 these plants have done a 360 degree turn.leaves are standing erect and they look 150 percent better than yesterday.
Problem solved.i knew it was a gas issue.
20180423 223948

20180423 223640

H

heisen

Also for the record I'm giving the nod to the cobs over the cmh on early stage growth.the plants look more full and I can see a difference.
There going in the buckets in a week with labels to get everything organized and I can start doing side by sides but so far the cobs are on top.
Also the cobs are 250 watts per tote vs the CMH 315.
20180423 225149

H

heisen

Looks like everything is sorted out.i knew it would be some bugs to sort out in the new room.time ro get down to business.have the first system built and ready just gotta cut holes in the lids.
These plants are preparing for take off.

20180424 215720

20180424 215658

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Looks like everything is sorted out.i knew it would be some bugs to sort out in the new room.time ro get down to business.have the first system built and ready just gotta cut holes in the lids.
These plants are preparing for take off.

View attachment 795240

View attachment 795241
Looking forward to this. Will there be crossing light patterns or are all the systems in there separate area?
I run a combo of hps/cmh and the blending area’s seem to have the biggest buds.

H

heisen

Looking forward to this. Will there be crossing light patterns or are all the systems in there separate area?
I run a combo of hps/cmh and the blending area’s seem to have the biggest buds.
There will be some crossing but I think the effects will be negligible.the ghost cut is going under the cmh and the Cobs side by side.thats the one I really wanna see.ill take 2 ghost cuts and put them under the HPS on each end and see if they can hang.

H

heisen

After a full day and a half of air exchanges they are blowing up.Im convinced that was the issue.took me all day to cut holes,run electrical,and set up the air exchange.
8 minutes every 3 hrs is working well.both fans are hooked to the same timer.if the intake fan is on by itself you cant even open the door lol.
Both in and out are on filters.the exhaust one is on a carbon scrubber
I moved the starfighter and Scott's og into there buckets.one side is HPS and the other metal halide.curious to see if MH is better for veg or if an HPS is better all the way through.
I'll be moving the ghost into there buckets on Wednesday.all cuts are the same.one side will be 630 watts of CMH and the other will be the cob leds..I'm gonna get a wattage meter and dim the cobs to match the pull from the wall so both are identical.
They will all be I the same exact buckets so the better light will be the winner for sure.

Just in 2 days they have exploded from the other pic.
20180427 001758

20180426 234446

20180426 232549

H

heisen

Looking great! Are you still running Co2, in addition to the air exchange?
Yes im @1000ppm right now,The air exchange comes on now at 6 minutes every 3 hours.carbon filter on the out take and regular AC filter over the intake.installed dampers in the lines.

Room holds Co2 perfect with no loss.I have a timer on the Co2 that cuts it off at the times the fans exhaust the room.temp is set right at 81 degrees.No temp fluctuations whatsoever.I have thermometers on each side of the room and they are never within 2 degrees off up or down.
Ill start to drop the temp when the plants can create there own humidity.Only issue i am having right now is low humidity.its running between 40 and 57 percent.Im gonna order the disc misters and make a box that will humidify the room on a titan humidity controller.
Once i build the other bucket system tonight it will disperse moisture in the air more also so i suspect the humidity will go up a little.

Westie

Westie

I believe you will be in humidity heaven once you implement a fogger.

Currently my 5-disc humidifier runs during lights on to maintain day %.
And.....during lights off, my de-humidifier is powered up to maintain night %.
Running Co2 @ 1000, but no air exhange.

Looking forward to seeing your run.

H

heisen

Got everything out in last night and ready to go in the flower room.
Ghost cuts are now half cob half cmh so the real shows about to begin.all the clones have been under cobs so they are pretty much even.

20180501 044816

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Subbed and locked in, So excited for this one :) I've just switched from a 1000w hps to 630 de cmh,... but now have a buddy building 300w cob units. I'm thinking of throwing one or two in with my cmh as some additional, but depending how this side by side goes, they could be headlining for my next run ;). I'm not here looking for grams per watt, that doesn't matter to me, lol, I can always get more watts! ;) But I can't make more time, or space. I'm here to find out overall quality and yield, in the same given space and over the same time frame. Especially as my Cmh just set me back £250 with a discount, and I can get the cob units for about £30 each!! Lol
locked in and locked on for this one, great stuff :cool:

scubascrog

scubascrog

@heisenbubble Is that a regular pvc compression fitting on a smaller plastic tube that you have your hose fastened to? (to and from chiller)

gwheels

gwheels

It is very nice to see this comparison. I am subbed now too. I have a CMH and a small vero cob fixture. I think they would both do well in the 4 x 4. The heat gets to 85 but if i stick to sativa i should be ok. They come from hot places.

Top Bottom