Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nightslayer

Nightslayer

Mean well HLG 240H-C1400B is the driver im using per 5 Vero29 90 CRI D (3000k) cobs,using 15 cobs over each 4x5 area,
Ive been trimming for 4 hrs the past 4 days and have 2 plants left.
I have to say the colas under the Cobs are bigger.Without a doubt there is no comparison.My wife and my helper both agreed without a doubt.Trichs and color were the same as CMH.I have some pictures i will upload later
Are you using the 36 volt or the 29 volt veros?

Nightslayer

Nightslayer

I didn't realize that the letter indicated the voltage of that particular model! Thanks again Heisenbubble!

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Awesome thread you got going here Heisenbubble .

Can i ask what was the ballast and hood used bud for cmh.im bloody lost
to what 315 fixtures i should use for my 5x5 room for 4 plants
My eyes lit up when you mentioned you are going to use an 1000w cmh fixture
I havnt been able to find much on these if they are reliable etc.would b perfect
for my small area..
Cheers Max
Hey mate. Are you in the UK? Sunplix 1000w de dimmable CMH kits will be available in the next cpl weeks over here ;) pm me if you want pal :cool:

Madmax

Madmax

Really..i had a geezer of the sunplix bout a week ago..is this the one that runs the 1000w/630 w hps ,mh and cmh ..or is it a stand alone 1000w cmh fixture..im in aust bud..it would b a better alt if i can get an 1000w cmh .i dont see much about them when googling,specially bout the bulbs being used and there reliability...a 1000w cmh would kick the shit out of a hps same wattage i gather?

Last edited:
H

heisen

Some Cob CMH comparisons.
Colas pulled directly from under the lights.No cross lighting whatsoever on any of these.'Like i said the comparisons are barely noticeable.Cobs produced about 30 percent more bud than the 2 CMH.I believe it would take 3 315's to compare to 700 watts of COB.
CMH

CMH

CMH1

CMH2

COBS

COB 2

COB 3

COB

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Really..i had a geezer of the sunplix bout a week ago..is this the one that runs the 1000w/630 w hps ,mh and cmh ..or is it a stand alone 1000w cmh fixture..im in aust bud..it would b a better alt if i can get an 1000w cmh .i dont see much about them when googling,specially bout the bulbs being used and there reliability...a 1000w cmh would kick the shit out of a hps same wattage i gather?
Hi mate, yes that's it. It's 1000w de CMH, but will also run HPS and MH bulbs. plus it has a dimming feature if you want to run it at less power. Better light spectrum and less heat than HPS, plus it runs more efficiently I believe saving power costs. We're just getting them here in the UK now, the first units are arriving in next cpl of weeks and once they're here they will be available in Europe as well. Are you in Austria or Australia? Lol if you're in Australia then you're in luck mate coz I know ppl are already using the Sunplix over there. If you're in Europe then drop me an email and I'll be able to tell you where you'll be able to get these from, because I know the people importing them :)

Madmax

Madmax

Gday mate..throw another shrimp on the barby ;).
Do you,sweet,how would i go about getting hold of one in oz.
Id really like to get some positive feedback on the fixture before i dive in.im a little while off purchasing.bills lol.. but like they say fail to plan,plan to fail..

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Gday mate..throw another shrimp on the barby ;).
Do you,sweet,how would i go about getting hold of one in oz.
Id really like to get some positive feedback on the fixture before i dive in.im a little while off purchasing.bills lol.. but like they say fail to plan,plan to fail..
I'll pm you what I know mate so as not to get off topic with this AWSOME thread :)
And btw thank you SO MUCH @heisenbubble for doing this for us all. Mucho Kudos!! :cool:

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Hell I'd like to know more about this double ended ceramic metal halide LEC light. That I don't seem to be able to find.
Where you based mate? You can google SUNPLIX to find their US site, or if you have insta you can check out their page and see all their products in use by different ppl. If you're in the UK or Europe then pm me and I can tell you where you'll be able to get them from very soon. That goes for anyone else interested in Sunplix units in the Uk and Eu :cool:

stonestacker

stonestacker

Thanks toast I don't know why I couldn't find it. I do search for this stuff I just suck @it.
Growers Choice has a 945 watt ceramic metal halide bulb but it's a veg bulb 3200k. No flower bulb yet.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Thanks toast I don't know why I couldn't find it. I do search for this stuff I just suck @it.
Growers Choice has a 945 watt ceramic metal halide bulb but it's a veg bulb 3200k. No flower bulb yet.
I know Sunplix have 1000w de bulbs in 3k, 4K and 3k H/O (which I think is same as 3kr) I have the data sheets from testing, so I know these bulb options are definitely available.

Nightslayer

Nightslayer

I can't wait to see those final weights!
I just hope we stay on topic of this thread *cough* random Sunplix salesman, I'm talking to you lol

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

I can't wait to see those final weights!
I just hope we stay on topic of this thread *cough* random Sunplix salesman, I'm talking to you lol
Lol, not quite dude. What's difference between what ive said and what Toaster said? I was simply telling ppl what ive found about available 1000w de CMH units and what ones are around since following and seeing the results of this thread. I've got a 630w unit but have wanted a 1000w de since Mr Heissenbubble first mentioned the Nanolux in this thread. The Sunplix seems to be the best unit at the best price imo, and with lots of ppl already using them from what I see on insta. Its only my opinion and only for others who were asking about 1000w cmh units and where theyre available as they couldnt find any.. I wish I did work for Sunplix though! Lol

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Lol, not quite dude. What's difference between what ive said and what Toaster said? I was simply telling ppl what ive found about available 1000w de CMH units and what ones are around since following and seeing the results of this thread. I've got a 630w unit but have wanted a 1000w de since Mr Heissenbubble first mentioned the Nanolux in this thread. The Sunplix seems to be the best unit at the best price imo, and with lots of ppl already using them from what I see on insta. Its only my opinion and only for others who were asking about 1000w cmh units and where theyre available as they couldnt find any.. I wish I did work for Sunplix though! Lol
It’s never a good idea to wish to work for someone. Set your wishes a bit higher lol

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Hey sorry this is random. Can’t figure out how to start my own thread.. I’m brand new here. So long story short, buddy brought over some bag seed plants that he didn’t have space for (5 gal pails) and I tossed em in a discreet ass spot in the yard and watered them once in a blue moon.. Then they got big.. and hector af. So I broke out the nasty old 400 watt hps street light and greasy ol 400 watt MH and brought em inside... couple o fans blastin.. dehumidifier at night. problem is I did not mark the calendar when I started em flowering.. (I know right) no idea where I’m at if anyone cares to guess. Could be fun. I’m guessing week seven. Also things be getting hector round these parts and I’m battling humidity. Chop or don’t chop..

582082C8 2577 4997 B7BC F10F0DFA4B2E
621B2CB5 FBA2 48D3 B153 0D49236CC6D7
C8E2D234 F4E8 4729 ADA8 02BDD2322851
Top Bottom