Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

I changed out half of my ten lighter HPS units for 315 cmh last year. Budget wouldn’t do all ten so now I have them staggered with plenty of cross lighting. Seems to work well for me. I keep them about 30” above the canopy.
Eventually I’ll probably Go all cmh... or maybe some cobs. Buying new hps bulbs every ten months sucks.

gwheels

gwheels

CMH is pretty nice for trichs. The frostiest flowers I ever grew were last round with a 3k 315 CMH and i fucked it up all over the place to get to buds. But the glistened like you shook salt all over them. I will reserve judgement on cobs i have 7 weeks until i hit the first harvest but the plants love the light. I love efficiency and wow they both really do that.

H

heisen

CMH is pretty nice for trichs. The frostiest flowers I ever grew were last round with a 3k 315 CMH and i fucked it up all over the place to get to buds. But the glistened like you shook salt all over them. I will reserve judgement on cobs i have 7 weeks until i hit the first harvest but the plants love the light. I love efficiency and wow they both really do that.
Yeah man HPS is weak compared to the cmh or cobs.so far the plants under the cobs are more full and vigorous than anything else in the room.

H

heisen

RDWC FTW.pics are exactly 1 week apart.
Right side under the HPS is dialed into 1.2 EC
Or 640 ppm 500 scale.
Up to 7ML per gallon of calmag on 1000ppm Co2.
3ML of part A per gal (flora duo)
2.5 ML part B(flora duo)

The HPS is putting a heavier requirement of nutes for sure.
Left side with cobs and cmh are running 500 ppm
And 5 ML per gallon of cal mag.
2.5 ML part A
2 ML part B
Learned a while back I can grow the same size and same weight buds with 1/3 of all the bullshit additives.less is always more.no offense to you guys who like to mix 20 different formulas but I like to keep it simple and dank.

Both sides are about the same as far as growth.
Plan on flipping in 2 weeks maybe less

Pic taken 4/27

20180427 004528

5/3

20180503 232037

CMH ghost

20180503 234846

Cobbs ghost

20180503 235124

40AmpstoFreedom

Yes im @1000ppm right now,The air exchange comes on now at 6 minutes every 3 hours.carbon filter on the out take and regular AC filter over the intake.installed dampers in the lines.

Room holds Co2 perfect with no loss.I have a timer on the Co2 that cuts it off at the times the fans exhaust the room.temp is set right at 81 degrees.No temp fluctuations whatsoever.I have thermometers on each side of the room and they are never within 2 degrees off up or down.
Ill start to drop the temp when the plants can create there own humidity.Only issue i am having right now is low humidity.its running between 40 and 57 percent. Im gonna order the disc misters and make a box that will humidify the room on a titan humidity controller.
Once i build the other bucket system tonight it will disperse moisture in the air more also so i suspect the humidity will go up a little.

That is perfect. Some like 35%. I do that for strains in mid flower and beyond known for bud rot. Prefer 40%-45% Over 55% and I think you are risking thick cola plants. Glad you figured out your co2 issue.

P

PharmHand

RDWC FTW.pics are exactly 1 week apart.
Right side under the HPS is dialed into 1.2 EC
Or 640 ppm 500 scale.
Up to 7ML per gallon of calmag on 1000ppm Co2.
3ML of part A per gal (flora duo)
2.5 ML part B(flora duo)

The HPS is putting a heavier requirement of nutes for sure.
Left side with cobs and cmh are running 500 ppm
And 5 ML per gallon of cal mag.
2.5 ML part A
2 ML part B
Learned a while back I can grow the same size and same weight buds with 1/3 of all the bullshit additives.less is always more.no offense to you guys who like to mix 20 different formulas but I like to keep it simple and dank.

Both sides are about the same as far as growth.
Plan on flipping in 2 weeks maybe less

Pic taken 4/27

View attachment 797334

5/3

View attachment 797335

CMH ghost

View attachment 797336

Cobbs ghost

View attachment 797337
I’ve noticed HPS demand more nutes than cmh as well. Also noticed a little better roots under HPS too. Wonder if it’s related to the increased infrared spectrum and the increased transpiration that goes with it? Interested to see how that translates to yield for you.... I’m still doing better gpw with the HPS over cmh. De’s are a decent step up in efficiency over se’s, too bad you didn’t have one to compare to the other two light sources.... Great comparison tho either way ,thanks for your time. Peace

Freshone

Freshone

I’ve noticed HPS demand more nutes than cmh as well. Also noticed a little better roots under HPS too. Wonder if it’s related to the increased infrared spectrum and the increased transpiration that goes with it? Interested to see how that translates to yield for you.... I’m still doing better gpw with the HPS over cmh. De’s are a decent step up in efficiency over se’s, too bad you didn’t have one to compare to the other two light sources.... Great comparison tho either way ,thanks for your time. Peace
Ive run the gavita 750DE against 2-315 cmh,Gavita did better GPW by a small margin but the 750 was slightly more watts also.One thing i noticed was the size of buds directly under the DE were noticably larger?Did not notice a difference in quality but it wasnt exactly a fair test as all the plants were being crosslit by each of the lights also.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just a heads up to us cmh users

1. Always inspect all incoming bulbs. I had 8/10 Philip's 942 bulbs come in damaged.

2. Even though it stayed a 20-30,000hr bulb life, they will never last that long. I replaced a t9 942 bulb after less than 1yr on 18/6.

H

heisen

Ive run the gavita 750DE against 2-315 cmh,Gavita did better GPW by a small margin but the 750 was slightly more watts also.One thing i noticed was the size of buds directly under the DE were noticably larger?Did not notice a difference in quality but it wasnt exactly a fair test as all the plants were being crosslit by each of the lights also.
Whats the footprint on the 750 respectively?

Freshone

Freshone

Whats the footprint on the 750 respectively?
I think the footprint is about 4x4 to 4x5 myself but to be honest ive always run them in multiples of 6 per room.When i ran them against the CMH it was 1 750DE over 4x4 and 2-315s over a 4x4 right next to each other.Ive run gavitas since they came out and they work best crosslighting each other IMO.They are kick ass lights but they require alot of cooling,my mr slims run nonstop with them,the cmh run alot cooler.
I also have a couple of the HLG550 quantum board setups,They are sitting on the floor in boxes in my shop still but i have high hopes for them!

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I think the footprint is about 4x4 to 4x5 myself but to be honest ive always run them in multiples of 6 per room.When i ran them against the CMH it was 1 750DE over 4x4 and 2-315s over a 4x4 right next to each other.Ive run gavitas since they came out and they work best crosslighting each other IMO.They are kick ass lights but they require alot of cooling,my mr slims run nonstop with them,the cmh run alot cooler.
I also have a couple of the HLG550 quantum board setups,They are sitting on the floor in boxes in my shop still but i have high hopes for them!
I run my 750 DE over a 4x8.
DSCN0821

DSCN0826

Latest posts

Top Bottom